Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Can't start Dragon Age without loading in my previous choices from the Bioware servers and PSN. FFS.

Why? Mine worked fine offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

JamboMac wrote: »
    Why? Mine worked fine offline.

My choices are synched up to the Bioware account and Dragon Age Keep, which is linked to my PSN account.

I need to sign in to PSN to synch them up, because I only got the game yesterday, but I can't do that right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Anybody get anything strange, I got my whatsapp code blah blah and a link but never signed up for anything or have heard of the whatsapp. It says tap the link to verify the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can't start Dragon Age without loading in my previous choices from the Bioware servers and PSN. FFS.

Exact same position as you.
    Got the game as a present yesterday but can't upload my choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

My PS4 is home in Switzerland so Im not too bothered I just wanted to buy Tomb Raider in the sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

My PS4 is home in Switzerland so Im not too bothered I just wanted to buy Tomb Raider in the sale

If you can log onto the Sony store (hoping soon) on the web with your psn Id you can buy it there, you can even start it downloading to your ps4 if you have that enabled.

Its pretty sad that PSN is still crap when it comes to stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Its pretty sad that PSN is still crap when it comes to stuff like this.

So what's the story, did they get the **** hacked out of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

phobia2011 wrote: »
    So what's the story, did they get the **** hacked out of them?

Technically no, it's was a ddos attack. A **** ton of traffic pushed to the psn servers and they become overwhelmed and crash, same has happened to Xbox live. A group of "hackers" has taken responsibility for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Im lucky enough that i got farcry4 bundle and can play offline. I cant even make a psn account as it just hangs on the email verification link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

CombatCow wrote: »
    Technically no, it's was a ddos attack. A **** ton of traffic pushed to the psn servers and they become overwhelmed and crash, same has happened to Xbox live. A group of "hackers" has taken responsibility for it.

A group of tits more like, what's the point!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Well, me and a load of friends who live in different countries were going to have a few games over the last few nights, seeing as we all have some time off, so that's ruined.

Seems these people can't be caught, so, I guess they're invincible online right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Annoying. Got NBA 2k15 and you need online to play in 'my player' mode. Bored now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

PSN is working for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Not working here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Its a bit unstable but the store is working and so is my friends list.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Nothings working for me still...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

It worked well enough to take my annual subscription for plus which expired last night. It won't renew the licences though so i can't play my plus games. Gee.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Taltos wrote: »
    If you can log onto the Sony store (hoping soon) on the web with your psn Id you can buy it there, you can even start it downloading to your ps4 if you have that enabled.

Thats the problem though, it wont load for me to buy it etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

phobia2011 wrote: »
    A group of tits more like, what's the point!

Well said. I am guessing they think they are some activists taking a stand against corporate Sony and Microsoft, but in reality they are just some assholes who ruined Christmas for many people, many of them children. This sort of **** is pathetic and sad, plain and simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I can't even play farcry 4 tonight, it's stuck at logging in screen. How can I play offline with this!

Sony is a ****ing joke

Might seem like an exaggeration, but the last time it was this bad for everyone was back in 2011 when it was out for like three weeks.

Ever since then when there were unscheduled problems, at least some people could get on.

Honestly if i could afford a better GPU for my PC i'd just swap my PS4 for an X1.

This server maintenance and constant downtime is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Honestly if i could afford a better GPU for my PC i'd just swap my PS4 for an X1.

This server maintenance and constant downtime is ridiculous.

Swap your ps4 for a better GPU?

Might seem like an exaggeration, but the last time it was this bad for everyone was back in 2011 when it was out for like three weeks.

Ever since then when there were unscheduled problems, at least some people could get on.
    Was it not like 2 months?

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Was it not like 2 months?

May well have been, I can't remember for sure. I played through a lot of my backlog during that time.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

I gave up waiting and started playing GTA offline :)

Little lizard ****s

May well have been, I can't remember for sure. I played through a lot of my backlog during that time.
    Looked it up. Was just shy of a month. Felt like two I guess. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I can't even play farcry 4 tonight, it's stuck at logging in screen. How can I play offline with this!

Sony is a ****ing joke

Turn off wifi/pull out the ethernet cable. I had the same problem earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Turn off wifi/pull out the ethernet cable. I had the same problem earlier.

Thanks it finally gave me an option to play offline, good for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement