Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Rumour doing the rounds now that people's user names and passwords as well as credit card details have been leaked on some online document. Should we start worrying now? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Rumour doing the rounds now that people's user names and passwords as well as credit card details have been leaked on some online document. Should we start worrying now? ?

Nope, as it is just a rehash on an article from 2011/2012 when this happened before, Lizard tweeted it and the papers picked up on it without doing any research, already been debunked on Neogaf.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Axwell wrote: »

Christ if it is was really him, Sony and Microsoft got taken down by Mr Potatoe Head :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Axwell wrote: »

This quote from the article made me LOL. The irony there is simply staggering. What an absolute geebag.
    "I'd be rather worried if those people didn't have anything better to do than play games on their consoles on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There scumbags of the highest order

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Down again for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

declan2693 wrote: »
    God i wish sony was as quick to fix things as microsoft :mad:

Still issues with xbl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

declan2693 wrote: »
    God i wish sony was as quick to fix things as microsoft :mad:

Well a lesser system likely fixes faster ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Worst part of it is the fact that they aren't being straightforward about what is going on. The exact same PR response on Twitter when everybody knows what went on. Even more alarming is the fact that the attacks have, from my understanding, stopped - and still no update.

People have a right to know exactly what is going on when they have purchased the console, the games, the subscription. It is highly disrespectful to your consumer base to offer literally no information whatsoever.

Abysmal customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Time has come to upgrade the memory on my PS4 anyone tell me whats the best cheapest option ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Mokuba wrote: »
    Worst part of it is the fact that they aren't being straightforward about what is going on. The exact same PR response on Twitter when everybody knows what went on. Even more alarming is the fact that the attacks have, from my understanding, stopped - and still no update.

People have a right to know exactly what is going on when they have purchased the console, the games, the subscription. It is highly disrespectful to your consumer base to offer literally no information whatsoever.

Abysmal customer service.

They have acknowledged what happened:
    The video game industry has been experiencing high levels of traffic designed to disrupt connectivity and online gameplay. Multiple networks, including PSN, have been affected over the last 48 hours. PSN engineers are working hard to restore full network access and online gameplay as quickly as possible.

From time to time there may be disruptions in service due to surges in traffic, but our engineers will be working to restore service as quickly as possible.

If you received a PlayStation console over the holidays and have been unable to log onto the network, know that this problem is temporary and is not caused by your game console. We’ll continue to keep you posted on Twitter at @AskPlayStation and we’ll update this post once the problems subside.
    Thanks again for your patience.

Benzino wrote: »
    They have acknowledged what happened

They acknowledged it 50 minutes ago, or 3 entire days from when this started happening.

Edit - Not having a go, but my point still stands. Their handling of it has been shocking.

They acknowledged it 50 minutes ago, or 3 entire days from when this started happening.

Edit - Not having a go, but my point still stands. Their handling of it has been shocking.

I know, and I certainly don't want to be seen as defending them, as I am one of PSN's biggest critic since the release of PS4 and it becoming a paid service, but I'd imagine the delay was to determine what caused the outage.

We all know LizardSquad did it, but I guess Sony and MS have to confirm that. After all, LizardSquad could just be lying. Have MS confirmed it was a malicious attack?

PSN really is a joke of a service though, laughable how they charge for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Back working now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

not for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Back working now.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

It costs each user less than 14 cent a day for their subscription to PSN and you guys want to be compensated for the days of downtime? 2 free days is less than 30 cent..

If people had a more constructive idea of being reimbursed for downtime please suggest it but asking for less than 30 cent worth of game time is laughable.

Luckily for me most downtime doesn't affect me as they seem to have the maintenance set around European time as opposed to Asia/Australia. I'm on holiday at the moment so have completely avoided this downtime too.

I don't care about reimbursement - all I wanted was some transparency, regular updates which acknowledged the problem and didn't treat the customers like idiots, and either an ETA or at least some form of clear, timestamped posts .

It'll be 4 days in tomorrow and still there is no ETA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I don't care about reimbursement - all I wanted was some transparency, regular updates which acknowledged the problem and didn't treat the customers like idiots, and either an ETA or at least some form of clear, timestamped posts .

That's completely acceptable, they should give people an ETA atleast. I've liked the PlayStation AU page and have noticed a few updates on there the past couple of days. No idea what is being said in EU but they seem to be letting people here know that they're working on it. No ETA here either though from what I've seen.

Edit: just looking on their Facebook page there and a good few people are back online in Australia.

• Advertisement

Sometimes the only ETA is "when it's done". It's frustrating for sure, but that's the way it is sometimes in the world of software.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Actually they are quite active on Twitter

As of 1 hour ago

@AskPlayStation: Update: PS4, PS3, and Vita network services are gradually coming back online - thanks for your patience

Also try this :

If You’re Still Unable to Access the PSN on PS4, Here’s a Temporary Fix to Get You Online

If you’re still unable to access the PSN, despite the fact that the services are gradually coming back online, here’s a temporary fix that might help you.
    Go to Settings -> Network -> Set Up Internet Connection on your PS4, select “Custom,” leave all your settings as they were, but change MTU to 1473.
    It’s very likely that you’ll be able to connect with no issue even if you weren’t before applying this small fix.
    Hopefully this won’t be needed soon, but if you’re still having problems and want to connect in a hurry, trying this is a good bet. Just remember to change it back to 1500 once the problems are fully solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Also is it possible that users PS+ subscription could expire during the downtime and they therefore lose their games in which expire when the subscription ends?...

People wanting to buy the games which are on sale may lose this as PSN isn't back up... My brother wants to let me know what I think of BF4 which I got for 12$ on US store but so far can't download it so can't give him my opinion... He was going to get the Premium Edition and if PSN aint back by then he will lose this offer it seems...

Ah get on with it and stop crying, not Sonys fault if hackers hammered their servers.
    Its not an easy thing to protect against !

Its back now for me anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

eddhorse wrote: »
    Ah get on with it and stop crying, not Sonys fault if hackers hammered their servers.
    Its not an easy thing to protect against !

Its back now for me anyways.

They're not hackers, they didn't hack anything.

And when you've hundreds of thousands of users paying €50 a year, on top of every game and ps4 sold, it is quite easy to defend against if they invested properly. I don't condone what lizard squad did, but they raised an important point; Sony and MS are c*nts and haven't invested properly into their servers despite the vast amounts of money they get to provide a good service.

And when you've hundreds of thousands of users paying €50 a year, on top of every game and ps4 sold, it is quite easy to defend against if they invested properly. I don't condone what lizard squad did, but they raised an important point; Sony and MS are c*nts and haven't invested properly into their servers despite the vast amounts of money they get to provide a good service.

Im aware of the differences between a hacker who circumvents security and a person that performs a denial of service attack.
    Maybe it was Nintendo behind it all.....

Also what they have probably invested in is getting each €50 subscriber 4 or 5 games a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

eddhorse wrote: »
    Im aware of the differences between a hacker who circumvents security and a person that performs a denial of service attack.
    Maybe it was Nintendo behind it all.....

Also what they have probably invested in is getting each €50 subscriber 4 or 5 games a month.

Not necessarily, games companies could be giving them to sony to sell for free as a way of advertising or for other reasons. I highly doubt sony goes out of it's way to give free games and spends much out of it's own pocket to provide them. And as a subscriber, I honestly couldn't care less about a few nice indie games when the servers are weak and easy to bring down. Each €50 subscription goes straight into sony's pocket and I'd be surprised if we saw much, if any of it, being invested into psn or giving stuff to us.

Each €50 subscription goes straight into sony's pocket and I'd be surprised if we saw much, if any of it, being invested into psn or giving stuff to us.

Servers aren't free you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Can you elaborate on this easy solution??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement