Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

CptMackey wrote: »
    Ya I know. Just strange the way it has happened.

I'm guessing something else is broadcasting on the same channel as your router and effecting the signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Can't login either and really wanted to play Dragonage with my custom settings imported from the keep. Christmas basically ruined as I don't get any time for gaming during the week, so really wanted to spend some quality time on the PS4 over the last few days. :mad:

Sitting here looking the psn logon screen for last 10 minutes.....Please wait.... FFS.

To be honest this has annoyed me so much I might just ditch the PS4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Flaccus wrote: »
    Can't login either and really wanted to play Dragonage with my custom settings imported from the keep. Christmas basically ruined as I don't get any time for gaming during the week, so really wanted to spend some quality time on the PS4 over the last few days. :mad:

Sitting here looking the psn logon screen for last 10 minutes.....Please wait.... FFS.

To be honest this has annoyed me so much I might just ditch the PS4.

Change your MTU settings to 1473 and it will allow you on no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Change your MTU settings to 1473 and it will allow you on no problem.

That's not necessarily true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Can I ask if changing the MTU settings will have any impact anywhere down the line - did it las night to get logged in - this doesnt affect acces or regions or anything like that? Sorry if seems like a silly question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

That's not true.

works for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

That's not true.

Its working for me when I change the MTU, if i reset it back to 1500 i cant get on at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

For anyone having problems, reset your network settings, reboot the console and reconnect and try sign in. Also @askplaystation suggests start on safe mode and select option 4 (restore default settings). You won't lose any game data etc. Restarting your router wouldn't be a bad thing either.

I edited that post, it's not working for me and many others.

My PS3 is working fine, nothing I do can get the PS4 online :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Can I ask if changing the MTU settings will have any impact anywhere down the line - did it las night to get logged in - this doesnt affect acces or regions or anything like that? Sorry if seems like a silly question

No really all you are doing here is changing the packet size of information being sent out from the default 1500 to a slightly lower value. As far as I understand it won't have any negative impact.

I find it strange that the PS3 is fully functional along with my PS app, yet the PS4 is throwing up the same error code since Christmas Day.

So annoying opening the app and seeing people in my friends list that only live around the corner online all day :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

I find it strange that the PS3 is fully functional along with my PS app, yet the PS4 is throwing up the same error code since Christmas Day.

So annoying opening the app and seeing people in my friends list that only live around the corner online all day :mad:

change your dns or mtu settings to fix that.

SharpCoder wrote: »
    change your dns or mtu settings to fix that.

I've tried the MTU, I'll give the DNS a go later but it shouldn't make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

I downloaded Injustice but it seems that only the multiplayer bit downloaded and not the campaign. Cant seem to find where to download the rest. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Since I probably can't judge the game to tell my brother what it's like before tomorrow's sales end... Anyone think BF4 Premium for 30$ is worth lashing out on?... Would we both have fun online, we play COD online most of the time when we both on... Would we both enjoy BF4 too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I downloaded Injustice but it seems that only the multiplayer bit downloaded and not the campaign. Cant seem to find where to download the rest. Any suggestions?

Press start on the game on home screen and go to information

Theres probably 20gb more to download

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Press start on the game on home screen and go to information

Theres probably 20gb more to download

Yeah theres only 8.84GB downloaded, but theres no other files in my download list.

Yeah theres only 8.84GB downloaded, but theres no other files in my download list.

It downloads in background which I find absolutely ridiculous as you should be fit to pause these downloads and play games online... But apparently even playing online you are still downloading in background so I can't usually play online till complete which takes ages...

I've tried the MTU, I'll give the DNS a go later but it shouldn't make any difference.

Yeah that didn't make any difference. Is there many others here that still can't get on? Seems like everyone else is back bar me at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Can't get on either. Have had it with the PSN. How many outages this year ? Is the Xbox One any better as thinking of moving. I only get to game a few hours the weekend if I am lucky and had planned a major session this Christmas. Probably should have kept my gaming PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Yeah that didn't make any difference. Is there many others here that still can't get on? Seems like everyone else is back bar me at this stage.

I still can't get on. Not a happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Changing MTU just worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen1990

Terrible question, how do you change the MTU?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Terrible question, how do you change the MTU?

When you are connecting to the internet, there is an option to customise your set up, the MTU can be changed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Since I probably can't judge the game to tell my brother what it's like before tomorrow's sales end... Anyone think BF4 Premium for 30$ is worth lashing out on?... Would we both have fun online, we play COD online most of the time when we both on... Would we both enjoy BF4 too?

Personally i love bf4 and have premium so i would say it is worth it but bear in mind that it is a completely different style to COD so you may not like it. If money isnt a huge issue id say go for it as it isnt much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

You can get the full game + premium for €26 on the ps store I think

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    You can get the full game + premium for €26 on the ps store I think

I think he is in Qatar so may have to use American account or something... Would probably be 30euro without PS+ I assume..

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

Regarding changing the settings I just read this on another forum..BTW those of you who used the MTU fix and have no plans to change it back are leaving yourselves open to some bad lag when playing online as it makes the packet size of data the PS4 can send to the servers smaller.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PS4 users: If you are still having issues connecting to PSN, these steps may help: http://bit.ly/1rvJXe9

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement