Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Capslock wrote: »
    Regarding changing the settings I just read this on another forum..BTW those of you who used the MTU fix and have no plans to change it back are leaving yourselves open to some bad lag when playing online as it makes the packet size of data the PS4 can send to the servers smaller.

Understood. Will change it back to 1500 when it's back working properly.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Grudle wrote: »
    Understood. Will change it back to 1500 when it's back working properly.

Thanks

Been working properly for me since this morning anyway. Solid connection with no drop outs of log outs so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Been working properly for me since this morning anyway. Solid connection with no drop outs of log outs so far.

I couldn't get on this evening until I changed the settings. Hopefully it will settle down and work properly shortly. The inconsistency for users is a worry though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

F1ngers wrote: »

The last part worries me...

If this doesn't resolve your connection issue, please contact your ISP or router manufacturer regarding "packet fragmentation" support.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The last part worries me...

If this doesn't resolve your connection issue, please contact your ISP or router manufacturer regarding "packet fragmentation" support.

Major ass coverage on their part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Have most people here only got sorted by changing the MUT? Just worked for me after I did it; might leave it this way until everything smoothes out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

F1ngers wrote: »
    Major ass coverage on their part.

Don't fancy ringing up Eircom and mentioning packet fragmentation :rolleyes:
    The last time I rang them was about interleaving and they hadn't a clue what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

On the lower setting 1473?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

PSN been perfect for me on UPC in Dublin since early yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Can't get on at all now. Was on for a bit last night. Tried mtu and it did nothing. Very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

It's strange that it won't work for me on the proper MTU for my connection, it should be 1480 but won't work unless it's at 1473.
    Check here to find your proper MTU
    http://www.tp-link.com/lb/article/?faqid=190

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Thought I would see if it worked with the original MTU value, but it didn't. And now I can't get back online again. All you can do is laugh at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This is a joke, since Christmas PSN has been working slightly for about one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

This is a joke, since Christmas PSN has been working slightly for about one day.

Dont tell me its down again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

seems to be down again for me. sony are pathetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Down for me again, MTU made no difference.

Not a very good experience so far, since I bought my ps4 I have only been able to play for 6 h...

At least I can always use my xbone but I would be very pissed otherwise

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Seems to be gone again, got a trophy and pressed the PS button, "access to the servers has been terminated."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

This is gone beyone unacceptable. Sony really need to sort out this cluster**** of a service they call the PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

is this **** along with messages taking eternity to send/receive and 100 other problems honestly the "GREATNESS" they claimed was awaiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I got the Sony wireless headset for Christmas. WiFi trouble started then. Turned off the head set there and I connected to psn but I can't get online in cod at all . Can get on to the store but can't see friend list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Someone ring Sony here and tell them to plug out the network for 30 seconds, then plug it back in, see if that sorts it.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Anyone got any mfu setting that's worked on eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Eldoco wrote: »
    Anyone got any mfu setting that's worked on eircom?

1476 works with efibre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Put my ps4 up on done deal. Going to pick up an Xbox one before the new yr. This is an absolute disgrace and ill be damned if I give them any more of my money.

Put my ps4 up on done deal. Going to pick up an Xbox one before the new yr. This is an absolute disgrace and ill be damned if I give them any more of my money.[/quot

Makes me regret buying the games on the store now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

What a disgrace Sony are. It's amazing how they get away with such a bad service now that it is paid for by every customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

bennyl10 wrote: »
    1476 works with efibre

doesn't for me have efibre as well. try both wireless and wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Anyone having problems with games they have gotten on Christmas day. We got little big planet 3, lego movie the game and skylanders swap force all on disc and all which now freeze on load screens. I have tried other games i installed before this Christmas day even have watch dogs which was installed before but played after and that work need help thank you

Had a few glitchy issues. Minecraft hanging and freezing, then dropping and back to start screen.

Batman lego not bad but jumpy too. Like a buffering thing going on. All games played offline though. Reminds me of RAM shortages issues playing PC games.

Metal Gear V plays ok, no issues with it as far as I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

What a pile of boll0x. I managed to login to PSN eventually, loaded up Dragon Age only for psn to disconnect which is needed to connect to the servers to access the keep.

Think I am going to flog this thing to CEX in the morning. Just can't be dealing with it anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement