Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

There still has to be issues that Sony aren't letting on about. Can't play either gta or cod online . Joke of a service

Maybe time to give Nintendo a look

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

CptMackey wrote: »
    There still has to be issues that Sony aren't letting on about. Can't play either gta or cod online . Joke of a service

That is a real sign of desperation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It's down alright. Bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Absolute joke of a company

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not down for me oddly enough, and showing loads of friends playing Destiny, seems fairly sporadic....

I do feel for those unable to login, what a melt - maybe time to go PC, as both consoles services have their share of issues from time to time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

I'm glad I only got 1 month of ps plus because I will not be renewing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Friends lists work and the store will seem online but try get on any games servers for an online game and you'll see the problem.

If Sony think that this means their PSN problems are sorted they are a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

CptMackey wrote: »

Have you tired changing MTU settings to 1473??

I did this today and have been able to login and play cod online today since i updated this setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Was having no problems with my MTU changed until tonight but managed to sort it out by plugging out my wifi for 3 minutes and fully shut down my PS4 for 3 mind also, after 3 mins I plugged in my wifi waited for it load up proper then started PS4 and it's working perfect now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

At least this has opened a lot of people's eyes to the disgrace that is PSN, cause I know many who defend it just cause it gives you "free" games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Genuine question but does anyone know how badly xbox live was affected by the ddos attack? Is it as badly affected as psn?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Genuine question but does anyone know how badly xbox live was affected by the ddos attack? Is it as badly affected as psn?

Initially it was taken down the same, however they recovered it faster(was still some issues, but overall no where near as bad as PSN).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

:pac:

OY0VUTa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Was having no problems with my MTU changed until tonight but managed to sort it out by plugging out my wifi for 3 minutes and fully shut down my PS4 for 3 mind also, after 3 mins I plugged in my wifi waited for it load up proper then started PS4 and it's working perfect now :pac:

People should be trying this and restoring the default settings in safe mode( option 4) also Sony have updated the support page with more MTU details:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5417/kw/5417

• Registered Users Posts: 22 WhoSaidWhut

:pac:

So true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Live was back up and stable much quicker for two big reasons.

1) MS have more servers set up around the world and more robust backbone than Sony who don't really have the cash to invest in PSN as much as MS do for Live.

2) Traffic. XBL has 48 million registered users versus PSN has 110 million registered users. There is far more traffic trying to get access to a weaker network.

Add to that any cross platform game this year that was on both the Xbone and PS4, the PS4 copy of the game have always sold in greater numbers. So there you have it really. Sony just have to get more cash and invest it inot PSN servers big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The last part worries me...

If this doesn't resolve your connection issue, please contact your ISP or router manufacturer regarding "packet fragmentation" support.

I contacted UPC about this before Christmas and was told "We don't offer support to consoles"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Did a quick test this morning before leaving for work, changed my wifi settings back to normal ie MTU 1500 and i was able to log on - first time since xmas eve. Hopefully its sorted as well and ye are able to get in...

Update on my end. Got frustrated last night so reset the whole house, opened Windows closed Windows etc :pac:

Basically I did nothing and while I was playing gta story I went to change character and I saw my online fella was showing up .

Got connected and had no more problems must check other games tonight when I get home from work

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I used the MTU settings from a few pages back there, and got on straight away - in fact got signed in a lot quicker than I normally would!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Link from Dualshockers and Playstation:

http://bit.ly/1tgBwyQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

eddhorse wrote: »
    Link from Dualshockers and Playstation:

http://bit.ly/1tgBwyQ

About time for them in fairness, seems to have solved my issues anyways so fingers crossed - hope everyone else is able to get back in today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's actually back now and those MTU changes did nothing for me so I'm assuming it's fully back for everybody.

It's actually back now and those MTU changes did nothing for me so I'm assuming it's fully back for everybody.

Hopefully. Thankfully it doesn't have to be online all the bloody time To play off line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

It's been so long, since I could sign, that I've forgotten my password.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I contacted UPC about this before Christmas and was told "We don't offer support to consoles"

Yet when you go into their router settings there is a gaming tab in the menue and and dedicated port forwarding tab. So they do, just depends who you get on the other end of the phone. Maybe you didn't ask the question in the right way, as yes they do not support consoles at all but they provide a service that should enable PSN to work correctly provided everything is fine on Sony's end.

Eircom used to actively support XBL back in the day and Magnet with their "gaming" packages. It would be bad for UPC not to as they are the major BB provider in the country that offers decent speeds, caps and bandwidth for gaming more than any other provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Yet when you go into their router settings there is a gaming tab in the menue and and dedicated port forwarding tab. So they do, just depends who you get on the other end of the phone. Maybe you didn't ask the question in the right way, as yes they do not support consoles at all but they provide a service that should enable PSN to work correctly provided everything is fine on Sony's end.

Eircom used to actively support XBL back in the day and Magnet with their "gaming" packages. It would be bad for UPC not to as they are the major BB provider in the country that offers decent speeds, caps and bandwidth for gaming more than any other provider.

There is a problem with this, most ISP have a specific MTU settings/value set on their network, so even if you change it they might not support it. The eircom gaming packing was just a low interleave DSL profile nothing to do with MTU settings.

In my opinion this was just an excuse from Sony to distract people and get them to waste time ringing someone else while they try to figure what is wrong on their side.

-but what really annoyed me is that they kept asking people to do things (like yesterday switching the MTU value or the day before asking people to contact their local support site knowing that the link they were providing wasnt working... that's awful customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Changing the MTU worked for me when nothing else did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mod edit: Removing quote.

We are not allowed to discuss how to do that anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Is it possible to stream your ps3 feed through your ps4? Like you can do with the vita on remote play.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement