Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody having a slow connection with UPC?

Mine has been generally fine, if it's slow I just disconnect from the settings-network and its normal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Who will Give me the best credit for Lego batman,
    LBP and Driveclub.

All unopened except Driveclub.

Or should I go the private route?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Luap wrote: »
    LBP and Driveclub.

Try Cex or Adverts.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Luap wrote: »
    LBP and Driveclub.

I think this requires a bit of leg work of your own :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah ring GameStop for the latest price and check CEX https://ie.webuy.com

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Order the playstation TV on black Friday from videogamesplus, still hasn't arrived yet

Did it arrive yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Did it arrive yet?

Contact them, it should never take over two weeks to arrive, they are nice fellas as well to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PS Now pricing finalised. $20 a month or $45 for 3.you can bet the house on it that these will be the Euro prices too.

So, thats gonna be a big "Eh, nah" to this service then...

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2015/01/05/this-is-how-much-ps-now-subscriptions-cost

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

All currently known PS4 games for release in 2015:

http://m.ie.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Games_(2015)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    PS Now pricing finalised. $20 a month or $45 for 3.you can bet the house on it that these will be the Euro prices too.

So, thats gonna be a big "Eh, nah" to this service then...

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2015/01/05/this-is-how-much-ps-now-subscriptions-cost

As a month-to-month sub, no f-in way, but as a once-off game binge month/couple of weeks most certainly, could get through a lot of awesome games over the course of a month :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Has Gran Turismo 7 been confirmed for this year? According to that list it has but I haven't heard anything.

I would be doubtful about quite a few of those games seeing the light of day in 2015, especially The Division.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just bought Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition from Gamestop website for 25euro ... Played it a bit on laptop but not fan of PC gaming so look forward to playing on PS4 and getting some trophies etc...

Tony Hawk confirmed today that a new TW game will be released on the PS4 this year ( did not mention other platforms ) I am hoping for a TW Underground 3, man the amount of time I put into 1&2, it is a shame that Neversoft is no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Sony have announced that 18.5m PS4s have been sold to customers so far, crazy numbers. Can't post the link, on my phone, sorry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a crazy figure indeed and even crazier that Sony has managed to keep well up with demand. Pity about the poor software but that looks like it will change come 2015 although a better selection of PSN indie titles would be nice rather than stuff I played a few years ago already.

It looks like the PS4 will dominate this generation. I hope the One and WiiU do well, always good to have competition and Nintendo have been on a roll with putting out incredible games for the WiiU but maybe with a very dominant platform we'll see the return of B-tier developers and games, the ones that made the PS1 and PS2 have such a diverse and interesting library.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I have €140 PSN credit and for the first time in ages, there's nothing I really want to buy that I don't have. I'm still playing GTA Online with custom maps, so that's keeping me ticking. And the Wii-U.

Planetside 2, Bloodborne and the Witcher 3 are the only first-day gets on my radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Grayditch wrote: »
    I have €140 PSN credit and for the first time in ages, there's nothing I really want to buy that I don't have. I'm still playing GTA Online with custom maps, so that's keeping me ticking. And the Wii-U.

Planetside 2, Bloodborne and the Witcher 3 are the only first-day gets on my radar.

did you sign up for the planetside 2 beta coming in the next week or so?

You can sign up here if you want -> https://www.planetside2.com/ps2onps4

Planetside 2
    Battles take place not between dozens of troops, but thousands; with air and ground vehicles slugging it out alongside squads of troops. Whether in open fields, tightly packed urban centers or enormous structures, planning, teamwork and communication are essential.

PlanetSide 2 features incredible continent maps with dozens of square kilometers of seamless gameplay space; every inch of which is hand-crafted, contestable space. With the territorial control meta-game, landmass has intrinsic value.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Cheers, I couldn't find it as I was on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

SharpCoder wrote: »
    did you sign up for the planetside 2 beta coming in the next week or so?

You can sign up here if you want -> https://www.planetside2.com/ps2onps4

Planetside 2

They said 13 or 20, haven't heard if they've confirmed lastly.

No way this is a small closed beta, when it's 2000 players per continent they need multiples of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Xenji wrote: »
    Tony Hawk confirmed today that a new TW game will be released on the PS4 this year ( did not mention other platforms ) I am hoping for a TW Underground 3, man the amount of time I put into 1&2, it is a shame that Neversoft is no more.

Just re-release THPS3 with updated graphics and the same soundtrack and watch the GOTY awards roll in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

but not fan of PC gaming

I dare you to post that in the main games forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Underground was the beginning of the end of Tony Hawks (although it had snuck in a bit in the fourth). It diluted the pure skating of the original three games quite significantly, and all the Jackass stuff had no place in the game. I was a big THPS fan up until that point, but Underground just lost me.

A pure, no nonsense score attack game is what the series needs, heavily based on the design and mechanics of THPS3. No gimmicks, no attempts at a story campaign (objective runs aside), no obnoxious attempts at being hip. Although then the HD version was pretty much the safest bet imaginable and they ****ed it up royally. Sigh.

• Hotline Miami 2 and The Order looking good for PS4; think they will be my purchases for Q1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Forget Super Mario, THPS2 is the best 3D platform game of all time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just bought Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition from Gamestop website for 25euro ... Played it a bit on laptop but not fan of PC gaming so look forward to playing on PS4 and getting some trophies etc...

I enjoyed it on ps4 but didn't get the platinum :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I enjoyed it on ps4 but didn't get the platinum :(

An easy platinum I felt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hotline Miami 2 and The Order looking good for PS4; think they will be my purchases for Q1

The Order doesn't look that great to me and Evil Within wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement for that 'cinematic' widescreen view. Playable preview reports have been really negative and any developer that cites David Cage as an inspiration sets off alarm bells for me. It could surprise me, the developer has a great track record but so far colour me unconvinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hotline Miami 2 and The Order looking good for PS4; think they will be my purchases for Q1

I don't think the previews for The Order have been great. Gameplay is supposed to be very poor. I really hope they are wrong as it looks like a brilliant game based on what I've seen of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Anyone know who i should contact/ what i can do about a laggy PS4? Was working grand til last month, sometimes its ok when playing battlefield but call of duty is awful, constantly getting kicked from games, i didn't change any settings or mess around with anything i don't know whats up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement