Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

sugarman wrote: »
    Is the HD remake really that bad? Was thinking of buying it there now after getting a urge play a skate game. Might just pull out the ps2.

Will have to see what the new Tony Hawks game will be like later this year. Mad for a new Skate game as well.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/01/05/tony-hawk-reveals-new-console-game-coming-this-year-for-ps4/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

sugarman wrote: »
    Is the HD remake really that bad? Was thinking of buying it there now after getting a urge play a skate game. Might just pull out the ps2.

It's less bad and more painfully mediocre. It simply lacks the grace and care that went into the original games. The physics feel 'off'. The flow feels 'of. Even the levels feel 'off'! Hard to describe really, but it's simply underwhelming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

jugger0 wrote: »
    Anyone know who i should contact/ what i can do about a laggy PS4? Was working grand til last month, sometimes its ok when playing battlefield but call of duty is awful, constantly getting kicked from games, i didn't change any settings or mess around with anything i don't know whats up.

Could be your Internet. Turn on and off your router be the 1st thing to do with it. Your probably have a very high ping number as something my line has a problem with a random times.

2nd is it wired or wireless ?. If wireless get yourself a set of powerline plugs and turn it into wired.

3rd would be to open the ports on your router

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I enjoyed it on ps4 but didn't get the platinum :(

I always lack the will to go that extra mile to get the platinum in most games :( .. I always tell myself I will platinum this then I just stop and play another game instead :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Could be your Internet. Turn on and off your router be the 1st thing to do with it. Your probably have a very high ping number as something my line has a problem with a random times.

2nd is it wired or wireless ?. If wireless get yourself a set of powerline plugs and turn it into wired.

3rd would be to open the ports on your router

Ya ive turned it on and off a few times, Cod is consistently laggy, battlefield seems to be ok sometimes, its incredibly annoying!

Its UPC wireless, im just after googling Powerline plugs, never heard of them before, im going to buy myself a pair, would you recommend a site for them? brand? Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jugger0 wrote: »
    Ya ive turned it on and off a few times, Cod is consistently laggy, battlefield seems to be ok sometimes, its incredibly annoying!

Its UPC wireless, im just after googling Powerline plugs, never heard of them before, im going to buy myself a pair, would you recommend a site for them? brand? Thanks for your help!

If your using the Horizon box with UPC chances are the WiFi is fairly flaky on it - have a look at these :

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1397640/Trail/searchtext%3EHOMEPLUG.htm

If the system and dashboard is slow and laggy maybe try a firmware reinstall but that may be extreme measures - I'd say the WiFi is your culprit to be honest....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I always lack the will to go that extra mile to get the platinum in most games :( .. I always tell myself I will platinum this then I just stop and play another game instead :p

I've too many games to bother platinuming anything. By the time you're trying for all the achievements you're long past enjoying the game and only playing for the sake of playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That depends on the game. I've throughout enjoyed loads of my platinums.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Definitely depends on the game.

Platinumed Far Cry 4 recently and loved all of it. Other ones I can think of are both Velocity games, Resogun and If I remember correctly Modern Warfare 2.

As long as the platinum doesn't ask you to collect all the feathers or some ****e like that I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I feel like I dont get the most out of my games unless I get the platinum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

tok9 wrote: »
    As long as the platinum doesn't ask you to collect all the feathers or some ****e like that I'm happy.

what tedious game could you possibly be referring to :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I found the feather collecting in that particular game pretty relaxing. Some games have well thought out trophies. Those games can be fun to platinum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I find the pursuit of platinum trophies to be 98%+ of the time a complete waste of said time. Too many games to play to be all that interested in sucking every last bit of fun out of a game (and usually the enjoyment has long since been expended by the time of that final pop), given 100% usually involves tedious repetition, replaying or mindless collectathons.

There is some benefit, however, to trophy sets that really push the player to experiment with the mechanics or play the game well. Resogun was excellent in that regard, offering challenges that truly enhanced the game and encourages the player to learn how everything works. Much more rewarding than 'kill 'x' enemies with this weapon' or other pointless busywork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Funny that feather collecting was mentioned, I have only one Platinum. For Assassin's creed II. It was great fun getting the platinum, but I have so many games now and not enough time so I doubt I will ever get another unless its for something handy like First Light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Fieldog wrote: »
    If your using the Horizon box with UPC chances are the WiFi is fairly flaky on it - have a look at these :

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1397640/Trail/searchtext%3EHOMEPLUG.htm

If the system and dashboard is slow and laggy maybe try a firmware reinstall but that may be extreme measures - I'd say the WiFi is your culprit to be honest....

That's power line can be got for a whole two euros cheaper in pcworld. Just bought one today. Had it working in a minute. Very easy to get up and running

Think I just platinumed Infamous (Not sure which one) and Killzone 3 as far as I remember... Always meant to platinum COD Black Ops but the trophies kept glitching and I wasn't going back to play single player Veteran for a 3rd time to try and get them...

I will hopefully platinum Infamous First Light and hopefully Second Sons because I love them games... I already finished First Light but played it on bro's PS4 so have to restart the game from scratch now...

I remember I placed a bet with a mate that I would have 10 platinums by the end of the year :rolleyes: ohhh how that did not work...

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Platinumed the 2 Lego Harry Potters and Ratchet and Clank

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Glad to hear The Forest announced for the PS4, played around with an early access version on the PC, it will make use of share play and the DS4's speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Funny that feather collecting was mentioned, I have only one Platinum. For Assassin's creed II. It was great fun getting the platinum, but I have so many games now and not enough time so I doubt I will ever get another unless its for something handy like First Light.

walking dead season 1 is about the easiest platium as you're gonna get, you just have to play the game to get every trophy lol

SharpCoder wrote: »
    walking dead season 1 is about the easiest platium as you're gonna get, you just have to play the game to get every trophy lol

Ohh yes I platinumed this also :P

Really wish it was possible for me to just add 1.20€ to my account using PayPal to purchase Tennis in the Face, the game is very addictive and seems like lots of fun... The demo lasts ages too we taught it would never end... Have 3.79euro wallet but have to add 5€ at a time...

• Advertisement

Sorry for double post but this looks like something to look forward to:

http://kotaku.com/new-ps4-accessory-will-let-you-swap-in-larger-cheaper-1677827012?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

May hold off upgrading hard drive till this is released now...

Sorry for double post but this looks like something to look forward to:

http://kotaku.com/new-ps4-accessory-will-let-you-swap-in-larger-cheaper-1677827012?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

May hold off upgrading hard drive till this is released now...

Nyko have always had great ideas, but unfortunately most of their products end up being very cheap and flimsy with quite poor reliability, the Vita Power Grip was the worst 3rd party peripheral I ever had the misfortune of using.

Xenji wrote: »
    Nyko have always had great ideas, but unfortunately most of their products end up being very cheap and flimsy with quite poor reliability, the Vita Power Grip was the worst 3rd party peripheral I ever had the misfortune of using.

Maybe for grips it wouldn't be great but this thing just seems to sit on the PS4 so you don't really need to mess around with it as much compared to a grip which you would be using constantly while playing...

Maybe for grips it wouldn't be great but this thing just seems to sit on the PS4 so you don't really need to mess around with it as much compared to a grip which you would be using constantly while playing...

It was not just a grip, it had an internal power function and a power brick attachment, damn thing nearly burnt the hands off me on my 3rd use of it :(

Xenji wrote: »
    It was not just a grip, it had an internal power function and a power brick attachment, damn thing nearly burnt the hands off me on my 3rd use of it :(

I still think I am going to pick this up, can replace the hard drives with 3.5inch drives and save more money then... Unless the damn thing costs a fortune...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I still think I am going to pick this up, can replace the hard drives with 3.5inch drives and save more money then... Unless the damn thing costs a fortune...

Cant really see it being at a pricepoint that makes getting a 3.5" drive worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody know if these remotes could be used to control Netflix,YouTube etc. aswell as DVDs?

Or even know where to pick up one that does thts not too dear,
    Cheers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131386129760%20

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody know if these remotes could be used to control Netflix,YouTube etc. aswell as DVDs?

Or even know where to pick up one that does thts not too dear,
    Cheers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131386129760%20

http://www.dx.com/p/hhc-p4009-plastic-wireless-ps4-remote-controller-black-342525#.VKy5G3sTz9o

Would take maybe a month for delivery though thats the only thing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Just finished BF4, is it just me or does the game seem to have a fair few glitches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Just finished BF4, is it just me or does the game seem to have a fair few glitches?

Welcome to current-gen gaming!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement