Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Otacon wrote: »
    Welcome to current-gen gaming!

Reminded me of like PS2 at times with the movement of the characters. Irish appearing and reappearing in split seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Just finished BF4, is it just me or does the game seem to have a fair few glitches?
    Otacon wrote: »
    Welcome to current-gen gaming!

You must have missed the part where the game was still fûcked 6+ months after release, like unplayable(esp multiplayer). Only late last year did they improve it but it's still not bug free. Classic EA/Dice :rolleyes:

CombatCow wrote: »
    You must have missed the part where the game was still fûcked 6+ months after release, like unplayable(esp multiplayer). Only late last year did they improve it but it's still not bug free. Classic EA/Dice :rolleyes:

I thought I heard something along those lines alright. I was an Xbox man all along and only recently got back into gaming so Im clueless on recent news.

It was a good deal for the price still, got a reasonable amount of hours from it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just finished BF4, is it just me or does the game seem to have a fair few glitches?

I got to around the 3rd or 4th mission I think where you are in a vehicle.

There is a part where tanks will literally spawn right in front of you. Once I saw that I just decided that was enough for me. That is just shocking for a game in this time. Not even one of those respawn holes etc.. just right in the middle of a road.

Good thing I'm still enjoying the MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Sorry for double post but this looks like something to look forward to:

http://kotaku.com/new-ps4-accessory-will-let-you-swap-in-larger-cheaper-1677827012?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

May hold off upgrading hard drive till this is released now...

Sony need to get external HDs working on the PS4. Both the Xbox One and Wii U has them, and its silly for the PS4 to not have an option to play games from an external HD.

The nyko option also seems pointless, as you can get just replace the hd already, and the price of the peripheral, would probably cancel any savings from buying a 3.5 hd.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    I got to around the 3rd or 4th mission I think where you are in a vehicle.

There is a part where tanks will literally spawn right in front of you. Once I saw that I just decided that was enough for me. That is just shocking for a game in this time. Not even one of those respawn holes etc.. just right in the middle of a road.

Good thing I'm still enjoying the MP.

Hahahaha I actually remember that now!

Reminded me of GTA when you enter a cheat code

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

So Gamestop website keeps showing as in stock for Sleeping Dogs, but they are out of stock so takes a few days to get a refund now... What an absolute joke, surely they would update the fact that they have 0 stock on the site..

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Hi guys, long story in short. My dualshock has issue with sticking R1 , its only 3mths old and its very common issue, went to Gamestop for replacement but they ask me to Call sony support to get some reference number, i Call there but 45min on hold and No answer at all, they not reply to my email from 3 days too. Any ideas what to do now? Also was bit nervous about Gamestop i was think if im buy from them So they have to sort this. Next time i will go amazon instand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You have a warrantee with Sony but their customer service is awful. However under consumer law Gamestop is you go to point as well and should help you and offer a repair or replacement or help you out (not sure of the exact wording but it's covered by the item having to last for a reasonable time and Gamestop are definitely liable for this)

If you have trouble ask for the manager and if they aren't repsonding then quote your consumer rights. There's also no point getting angry and if you can't get anywhere threaten to get on to head office.

At this stage its looks i payd for something with warranty but have No way to get this sorted. Sony not answer phone and Gamestop dont Care at all. Thanks for your reply, maybe will try go Gamestop again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

http://www.dx.com/p/hhc-p4009-plastic-wireless-ps4-remote-controller-black-342525#.VKy5G3sTz9o

Would take maybe a month for delivery though thats the only thing

Does it work for apps aswell though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Yep, your warranty is with the retailer not the manufacturer, no matter what Gamestop says. However personally I've found when you actually get through to Sony (and they are a nightmare to get through to, infinite patience required) they've been great on sorting things out. I've had a three year old PS3 replaced (well just under three years) and a two year old PS Vita replaced twice.

But like Retro said know and be able to quote your consumer rights, be willing to escalate if necessary, and at all times remain calm and if possible friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

I went off the single player fairly fast, ya know the part where you shoot the helicopter with the grenade launcher? i must of done that about 40 times got killed every time no matter where i shot it.. The multiplayer is great tho, i got the game relatively late so i think i missed the launch problems it had, i don't understand where they are going with the new battlefield tho, seems like a big mistake...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Is psn back up working yet? Was gonna switch from the one before Christmas but seeing the damage lizard squad did to psn and the time it took Sony to get up and running again turned me off. How secure and safe is psn like I just can't believe they were so vague repeatedly saying we are working on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Is psn back up working yet? Was gonna switch from the one before Christmas but seeing the damage lizard squad did to psn and the time it took Sony to get up and running again turned me off. How secure and safe is psn like I just can't believe they were so vague repeatedly saying we are working on it

Problem is Sony don't have the network to handle all the traffic. There are far more PSN users and Plus members than Live members. There are 10 million gamers all trying to download the new free games today. Basically it's the same as a DDOS attack that Lizard Squad did but this is natural traffic. To fix this Sony would have to spend a few billion and build a data centre all fitted out with new servers to host PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It has been back up and running for over a week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 WhoSaidWhut

In comparison to Xbones recovery time it was shambolic.

If they have more users they can afford to spend more preventing these issues. My PS4 is down again today.

My advice? Don't go near Sony until they start investing money where its sorely needed.

Xenji wrote: »
    It has been back up and running for over a week now.

It went down today big time. Sony have already responded saying it's due to very heavy traffic.

My advice? Don't go near Sony until they start investing money where its sorely needed.

So in your view no one should buy a Playstation again as Sony are broke. They were lucky to have to cash to develop the PS4 and as is alot of it is off the shelf to keep cost down. The days of custom Cell chips in the PS3 are long gone.

It went down today big time. Sony have already responded saying it's due to very heavy traffic.

It did not help with the PS+ games coming out as well today, only turned the PS4 on around lunchtime, got Infamous downloaded within an hour though, so it must be balancing out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Hi guys, long story in short. My dualshock has issue with sticking R1 , its only 3mths old and its very common issue, went to Gamestop for replacement but they ask me to Call sony support to get some reference number, i Call there but 45min on hold and No answer at all, they not reply to my email from 3 days too. Any ideas what to do now? Also was bit nervous about Gamestop i was think if im buy from them So they have to sort this. Next time i will go amazon instand.

If you want a quick fix then squirt a bit of WD40 in behind it. It certainly fixed the issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So Gamestop website keeps showing as in stock for Sleeping Dogs, but they are out of stock so takes a few days to get a refund now... What an absolute joke, surely they would update the fact that they have 0 stock on the site..

Just saw this now, not sure if you got a copy but its 25 quid on psn store at the moment for ps4.

According to GI.BIZ close to 60% of all PS4 owners have Plus, around 10.9M people, while around 7m owners have not signed up yet, I wonder if the industry is overemphasizing online play a bit, it would be interesting to see how many people use Plus just for the IGC and discounts, while only dabbling in online play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Xenji wrote: »
    According to GI.BIZ close to 60% of all PS4 owners have Plus, around 10.9M people, while around 7m owners have not signed up yet, I wonder if the industry is overemphasizing online play a bit, it would be interesting to see how many people use Plus just for the IGC and discounts, while only dabbling in online play.

It is in the interest of the industry to emphasise their online services. It ties people into their infrastructure and allows them to sell products to consumers as well as to publishers/advertisers. Whether focussing on online is in the consumer-interest or not, the console makers will certainly continue to do so.

TinCanMan wrote: »
    If you want a quick fix then squirt a bit of WD40 in behind it. It certainly fixed the issue for me.

Well you are my hero now:-)) its work perfect now:-) two lessons learned : wd40 fix everything and sony support dont exist, after 3h on hold during Last 3 days and no reply to mails, Gamestop is also useless about warranty, next time i will buy all accesories online amazon etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Well you are my hero now:-)) its work perfect now:-) two lessons learned : wd40 fix everything and sony support dont exist, after 3h on hold during Last 3 days and no reply to mails, Gamestop is also useless about warranty, next time i will buy all accesories online amazon etc

I'm on the phone to their support line :)
    6 mins in. Will let it go and see how long it takes to get an answer

RedXIV wrote: »
    I'm on the phone to their support line :)
    6 mins in. Will let it go and see how long it takes to get an answer

Good luck:-)

It was yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

20 mins in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

You're better off emailing them, it costs an absolute fortune to ring support and they never pick up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement