Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

What's the email address?

P. S. 40 mins in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

48 mins to get an answer.

40 seconds in, put on hold again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

RedXIV wrote: »
    What's the email address?

P. S. 40 mins in

support@ie.playstation.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Never had that bad at time on hold, usually 10-15min but I've also never called this time of year.

Small bit of advice, you need to call for PSN or SEN stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭wilser

it costs an absolute fortune to ring support.

Is it not a standard landline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

James74 wrote: »
    Yep, your warranty is with the retailer not the manufacturer, no matter what Gamestop says. However personally I've found when you actually get through to Sony (and they are a nightmare to get through to, infinite patience required) they've been great on sorting things out. I've had a three year old PS3 replaced (well just under three years) and a two year old PS Vita replaced twice.

But like Retro said know and be able to quote your consumer rights, be willing to escalate if necessary, and at all times remain calm and if possible friendly.

Did you have receipts? My PS4 is still working fine but I can't find the receipt anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

128 hours to download infamous first light. pause and resume and its down to 30 minutes..few minutes later back to 128hours-ish....bloody pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Did you have receipts? My PS4 is still working fine but I can't find the receipt anymore.

Aye, had receipts. But remember any proof of purchase will do. Unless you paid by cash only chances are you have a valid proof. A Credit Card statement or bank statement with debit card transaction would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Store won't load for me at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I downloaded the Infamous game in 30 minutes earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

lertsnim wrote: »

I've been downloading it for 5hrs now and only have 2.5gb of it. Says it going to take another 10hrs. Thats on a wired 60mb connection. Luck of the draw to what server you get on Sony's side rather than connection speed really.

Just paused and restarted the download, its much faster now. Says it will be done in 30mins rather than 10hrs, wish I did that earlier.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Threw on a DVD earlier and had The Swapper and Infamous downloaded within an hour or so.

Quite impressed with Infamous, plays very well, the powers are mostly smooth and visceral. Had always avoided Second Son as I kind of hated the first game in the series. I like that First Light is 'miniature', that'll hopefully help avoid the rot I tend to experience playing full-sized and filler-packed open-world games setting in.

There's no place for Sixaxis mini-games in 2015 though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

QQ thinking of jumping back into gaming last console was a ps2 years ago. I have very little interest in online, I don't need a ps+ sub for downloading updates/patches do i? Do I need it for playing the likes of gta or iss if I want to give it a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Xenji wrote: »
    , it would be interesting to see how many people use Plus just for the IGC and discounts, while only dabbling in online play.

That would be me. A decent single payer experience beats MP hands for me all the time. Hate games with MP modes shoe horned into them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

lertsnim wrote: »

Took me about an hour at lunchtime to download it on a 24mb line, although it went to a complete standstill at one point and I had to pause and unpause it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just saw this now, not sure if you got a copy but its 25 quid on psn store at the moment for ps4.

Yeah I saw that alright but want some more physical copies so I can trade when finished.. Might hold off and see what other offers to be had

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Well you are my hero now:-)) its work perfect now:-) two lessons learned : wd40 fix everything and sony support dont exist, after 3h on hold during Last 3 days and no reply to mails, Gamestop is also useless about warranty, next time i will buy all accesories online amazon etc

Glad to help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

LaGlisse wrote: »
    QQ thinking of jumping back into gaming last console was a ps2 years ago. I have very little interest in online, I don't need a ps+ sub for downloading updates/patches do i? Do I need it for playing the likes of gta or iss if I want to give it a go?

You don't need to pay to get patches.

You will have to pay if the game is an online game or if you want to play online features.

For example you couldn't play Destiny or GTA Online. But you can play games like GTA single player etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Hoping to get a PS4 soon so selling my PS3.

So far I've backed up my saves online in case I get a PS3 again.
    Do I then go and deactivate my PS3 in account management?

If I get a PS4 then can I just sign in on that, thereby activating it on my account and download all the Plus PS4 games I've been adding?

Finally, should I just format it (having backed up my media stuff) to get it back to "as new"? That won't downgrade the firmware, will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

sin0city wrote: »
    Hoping to get a PS4 soon so selling my PS3.

So far I've backed up my saves online in case I get a PS3 again.
    Do I then go and deactivate my PS3 in account management?

yup

If I get a PS4 then can I just sign in on that, thereby activating it on my account and download all the Plus PS4 games I've been adding?

yup

Finally, should I just format it (having backed up my media stuff) to get it back to "as new"? That won't downgrade the firmware, will it?

yup, firmware wont be affected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is it just me of does Brent and Reggie have to same face?

SS/First Light

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is it just me of does Brent and Reggie have to same face?

SS/First Light

I don't think so.

Brent:
    story3.jpg

Reggie:
    5460_reggie+from+trailer.jpg

Different brow, eyes, nose size, lip shape. Same jaw and chin maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Very similar tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Otacon wrote: »
    I don't think so.

Brent:
    story3.jpg

Reggie:
    5460_reggie+from+trailer.jpg

Different brow, eyes, nose size, lip shape. Same jaw and chin maybe.

They look the same to me just very small differences really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Bit of a random, and off topic, question here but I thought this was the most appropriate active thread to ask it in.

I decided to replay the Uncharted trilogy to get me back up to speed with the storyline before Uncharted 4 comes out. I finished the 2nd one last night. As was the case in the 1st one, as you completed a chapter in the game, there was an option to play those completed chapters individually on the main menu. As "Chapters" was one of the options on the main menu of Uncharted 2 I assumed this was the case here too. When I went on it to replay the train mission (:drool:) it turned out that the only chapter I could play was the very first. It says on my saved game profile that I have played the game for 11:30 hours and have found 20 treasures so it recognises that I have passed the game (I got the relevant trophies too) yet says I have only 1% of the game complete. I'm just wondering has anyone else noticed this or is it just some glitch that has effected me?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I have a PS4 and never had a PS3. Is there any way I can get or play the Unchartered games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Lemlin wrote: »
    I have a PS4 and never had a PS3. Is there any way I can get or play the Unchartered games?
    I'm hoping they put out the three remastered before the fourth. Never played them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Redo91 wrote: »
    Bit of a random, and off topic, question here but I thought this was the most appropriate active thread to ask it in.

I decided to replay the Uncharted trilogy to get me back up to speed with the storyline before Uncharted 4 comes out. I finished the 2nd one last night. As was the case in the 1st one, as you completed a chapter in the game, there was an option to play those completed chapters individually on the main menu. As "Chapters" was one of the options on the main menu of Uncharted 2 I assumed this was the case here too. When I went on it to replay the train mission (:drool:) it turned out that the only chapter I could play was the very first. It says on my saved game profile that I have played the game for 11:30 hours and have found 20 treasures so it recognises that I have passed the game (I got the relevant trophies too) yet says I have only 1% of the game complete. I'm just wondering has anyone else noticed this or is it just some glitch that has effected me?

You have to complete the game first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Varik wrote: »
    You have to complete the game first.

I said in my post I finished it last night. :) I got the trophy and all. According to my save now I only have 1% of the game complete and the only chapter I can play is the first one. It says that I played the game for over 11 hours and have 20 treasures collected. It seems very strange. No idea why I can't play any other chapters when I passed them all already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement