Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Just started on Shadow of Mordor....I think my Square button is gonna break before I complete it :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just started on Shadow of Mordor....I think my Square button is gonna break before I complete it :pac:

You dont like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I'm a good bit through SOM, the first game I've played on my ps4. I'm a big LOTR fan anyway but I'm loving the game. Hope you enjoy it too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Littlebig planet 3 (or whatever came with the ps4) and Minecraft both unopened. How much are they worth? Are they worth playing?

You dont like it?

No I really like it so far. Just so many to kill!

• Advertisement

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    I'm a good bit through SOM, the first game I've played on my ps4. I'm a big LOTR fan anyway but I'm loving the game. Hope you enjoy it too :)

Same here was always gonna like the game cos of its story. How many times you reckon you've died so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Redo91 wrote: »
    I said in my post I finished it last night. :) I got the trophy and all. According to my save now I only have 1% of the game complete and the only chapter I can play is the first one. It says that I played the game for over 11 hours and have 20 treasures collected. It seems very strange. No idea why I can't play any other chapters when I passed them all already.

Go on to it and press X over the picture of chapter 1, the rest should be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Newbie question - is PS Plus €50 for the year and PSN also €50 for the year?

One lets me download a number of games (1-2 a month) and the other allows me to play games in online multiplayer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Lemlin wrote:
    One lets me download a number of games (1-2 a month) and the other allows me to play games in online multiplayer?

PS plus does both, 50 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Littlebig planet 3 (or whatever came with the ps4) and Minecraft both unopened. How much are they worth? Are they worth playing?

35 trade in for LBP and 9 for minecraft in xtra vision/HMV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Redo91

Varik wrote: »
    Go on to it and press X over the picture of chapter 1, the rest should be there.

Cheers! That worked. Seems so obvious but I assumed by pressing X I would just be selecting that mission! I've had a bit of a shocker there. :o Thanks again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Lemlin wrote: »

As already mentioned it's €50 for the year for both.

It's six games per month, you should be "purchasing" all the "free" games each month, just in case you decide to buy a PS3 and Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

F1ngers wrote: »
    As already mentioned it's €50 for the year for both.

It's six games per month, you should be "purchasing" all the "free" games each month, just in case you decide to buy a PS3 and Vita.

Also quite a few of the games are usually cross platform, so if you have a PS3/4 and a Vita it is even better value.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Well you are my hero now:-)) its work perfect now:-) two lessons learned : wd40 fix everything and sony support dont exist, after 3h on hold during Last 3 days and no reply to mails, Gamestop is also useless about warranty, next time i will buy all accesories online amazon etc

On the Playstation support page there is a link now to organise the collection yourself for controllers or consoles. Fill in all your details, ring DPD, courier collects, receive new one back in about a week. Shouldn't have to do it, but beats waiting on the phone to Sony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

whiterebel wrote: »
    On the Playstation support page there is a link now to organise the collection yourself for controllers or consoles. Fill in all your details, ring DPD, courier collects, receive new one back in about a week. Shouldn't have to do it, but beats waiting on the phone to Sony.

Do they offer the option to use your cc and they send out the new one before they get the faulty one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Lemlin wrote: »

No,

PSN - the network used for online multiplayer, hosting the store, syncing trophies etc.
    PS Plus - Subscription service allowing PS4 users to play online, get free games every month.

PSN is free, as its part of the overall service/architecture. PS Plus costs €50 as its a subscription for additional privileges

EDIT: didn't realise people had already answered you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Picked up Watch Dogs in the sale....

... is it wrong that I'm enjoying it?

The 1v1 PvP hacking is great fun. Okay, the game obviously falls far short of the hype, but it's still a bit of fun. Worth €35 anyway... There's a lot worse out there. Not sure it deserved the bashing it got.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's not bad, just crushingly mediocre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

.ak wrote: »

The 1v1 PvP hacking is great fun. Okay, the game obviously falls far short of the hype, but it's still a bit of fun. Worth €35 anyway... There's a lot worse out there. Not sure it deserved the bashing it got.

I liked it a lot too. Thought it pi$$ed all over second son. I preferred the driving to GTA and the world was pretty big tho not as detailed as GTA. The PvP hacking is great gas and getting the cops to chase you and blowing up steam pipes never gets old. Got the Bad Blood dlc and enjoyed that too, quite a lot in it for a dlc, spent about 10 hrs on it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Varik wrote: »
    Do they offer the option to use your cc and they send out the new one before they get the faulty one.

Not that I could see anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Picked it up over xmas as well - just started into it really - taking a while to get used to controls - enjoying it tho - well worth the 30 quid anyways

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I enjoyed it too,although I found the last Chapter really difficult and never actually finished it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Is psn down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Same here was always gonna like the game cos of its story. How many times you reckon you've died so far?

I've finished the main story last night and I'd say I was killed 10-20 times but that's a complete guess. Great game, I really enjoyed it. On to AC now, I'm hoping all the bugs have been fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Is psn down?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Anyone know of somewhere to buy the PS4 Nyko Smart Clip over here? I can only find it on Amazon.com and expensive USA sellers on EBay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I have one and its not great, this looks better, im considering it but will have to shop around for a better price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N9OBTAE/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_X8cSub0YXYJ2V

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I was really surprised that remote play worked on my phone. I still think it's crazy technology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Grayditch wrote: »
    I was really surprised that remote play worked on my phone. I still think it's crazy technology.

Only works on the Xperia though right? I have a Galaxy S5, dunno if I'd use it a lot but I'd sure like to see it running.

EDIT: Just thinking it would be awesome on iPad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement