Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My copy of Guilty Gear Xrd arrived today, been playing around with it this evening, the game is a real return to form for the series and the best since Guilty Gear X2.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

RedXIV wrote: »
    No,

PSN - the network used for online multiplayer, hosting the store, syncing trophies etc.
    PS Plus - Subscription service allowing PS4 users to play online, get free games every month.

PSN is free, as its part of the overall service/architecture. PS Plus costs €50 as its a subscription for additional privileges

EDIT: didn't realise people had already answered you :)

But am I right in thinking I can't play my games multiplayer online without paying the €50?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Only works on the Xperia though right? I have a Galaxy S5, dunno if I'd use it a lot but I'd sure like to see it running.

EDIT: Just thinking it would be awesome on iPad.

There are modded versions on the net to play it on any android phone. Just Google it. The only issue with the modded version is that it does not support the dualshock without rooting your phone.

It works well, I picked up a Vita last week mainly for remote play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Lemlin wrote: »
    But am I right in thinking I can't play my games multiplayer online without paying the €50?

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Lemlin wrote: »

Unless you are playing the free to play games online, they don't require PS+. Like Warframe, Warthunder etc and Planetside 2 when it's released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

CombatCow wrote: »
    I have one and its not great, this looks better, im considering it but will have to shop around for a better price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N9OBTAE/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_X8cSub0YXYJ2V

Pricey! The Nyko is 9.99 on amazon.com, a similar euro price would be great, provided of course it's nice to use.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Pricey! The Nyko is 9.99 on amazon.com, a similar euro price would be great, provided of course it's nice to use.

Most Nyko products are of a fairly flimsy build, they have great ideas, but rarely do the idea translate into a quality product.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Only works on the Xperia though right? I have a Galaxy S5, dunno if I'd use it a lot but I'd sure like to see it running.

EDIT: Just thinking it would be awesome on iPad.

I think so, I've the Z3 compact and it works well with the DS4, although remote play in general seems smoother on the Vita from the little I've played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Xenji wrote: »
    Most Nyko products are of a fairly flimsy build, they have great ideas, but rarely do the idea translate into a quality product.

Exactly, it's pretty janky and not nice to use.. The Sony one is €25 here: http://www.expansys.ie/sony-ps4-game-control-mount-gcm10-265842/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nidhogg.

What a wonderfully bizarre game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's so much fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I really miss my PS4, so if any of ye guys are sick of yours and want to send one over to Toronto, Id happily take it off ye :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

astonaidan wrote: »
    I really miss my PS4, so if any of ye guys are sick of yours and want to send one over to Toronto, Id happily take it off ye :o

I'm sick of mine, but it's gonna be going to CEX next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Seriously? What made you get fed up with it? Just curious!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Seriously? What made you get fed up with it? Just curious!

I'll pick one up again down the line when there are a whole host of games I want to play on it, right now there's SFA - and what i'm half interested in are obscenely priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

There's a pretty decent year of games ahead sure maybe most are cross platform but I wouldn't be giving up now

I'll pick one up again down the line when there are a whole host of games I want to play on it, right now there's SFA - and what i'm half interested in are obscenely priced.

Some great games coming out this year and quite a few of which are exclusives and if the prices of games are putting you off use VGP or Amazon, you will save between 20-30 Euro on most games.

Sorry folks, but saying there are good games coming is sorta, kinda, mostly BS, y'all do not know that they'll be good, sure you're optimistic about them but when it comes down to it you haven't played those games and they could end up being utter ****e. I hope they are great, it'll give me a back catalogue to chip away at down the line.

Right now I can get rid of my ps4 with almost zero loss, so right now is a good time for me to jump ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I have not paid over 40 euro for a game since using the US PSN. But yeah I find myself on the pc more often these days myself. Although Bloodbourne is my biggie this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Dying Light out at the end of the month is looking very impressive.

Me,I'm not looking forward to Bloodbourne or The Order at all. Bloodbourne is just not my type of game, didn't like the Souls series as it's just too hard to enjoy. The Order looks like a Gears of War copy and paste job but half arsed.

2015 will be a good year but mainly for the cross plats, to me there are no decent PS4 exclusives coming down the line except Uncharted 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Me too, heading there with mine tomorrow. Might pick one up again at the end of the year when Uncharted 4 comes out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What's the point of selling it if your just gonna be picking one up again ? Why not just hang onto it if you know there's games coming out on it that you want too play?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What's the point of selling it if your just gonna be picking one up again ? Why not just hang onto it if you know there's games coming out on it that you want too play?

There was some good deals lately, on both One and PS4 so if someone did trade either in they'd not be at a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Well for a start its over a year old at this stage and out of warranty. Secondly I picked up an Xbox one over the Christmas and find myself playing that more now and third I need the money for my bike insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I got The Last of Us and Shadow of Mordor for Christmas. Enjoying them both but I have to say the last of us is very enjoyable so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Varik wrote: »
    There was some good deals lately, on both One and PS4 so if someone did trade either in they'd not be at a loss.
    Well for a start its over a year old at this stage and out of warranty. Secondly I picked up an Xbox one over the Christmas and find myself playing that more now and third I need the money for my bike insurance.

Ah Fair enough so.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Does anyone know when downloading a digital game do you have to wait until it's 100% downloaded to play, I got far cry 4, first it downloaded 3gigs, got to play the intro, then got kicked saying it's on 33% downloaded when trying to play the story, does it have to be fully downloaded ? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Deedsie wrote: »
    I got The Last of Us and Shadow of Mordor for Christmas. Enjoying them both but I have to say the last of us is very enjoyable so far.

Yeah its a great game, didnt appreciate it enough while I was playing it tbh!

My last console, the 360, I played COD2 on first and it remained probably my favourite. TLOU was a good start to PS life!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Anyone using the YouTube app via PS4. I cannot launch the app as it says I need to update it, go to downloads and it says that a update was installed. If I check for update it says it needs to be updated. It looks like update file did not work.

But to test, I uploaded a share factory video of Driveclub gameplay to YouTube via the PS4 and that worked.

Anyone seen this problem ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Damien360 wrote: »
    Anyone using the YouTube app via PS4. I cannot launch the app as it says I need to update it, go to downloads and it says that a update was installed. If I check for update it says it needs to be updated. It looks like update file did not work.

But to test, I uploaded a share factory video of Driveclub gameplay to YouTube via the PS4 and that worked.

Anyone seen this problem ?

Delete and re-install.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement