Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Damien360 wrote: »
    Anyone using the YouTube app via PS4. I cannot launch the app as it says I need to update it, go to downloads and it says that a update was installed. If I check for update it says it needs to be updated. It looks like update file did not work.

But to test, I uploaded a share factory video of Driveclub gameplay to YouTube via the PS4 and that worked.

Anyone seen this problem ?

The youtube app is just for watching videos on youtube, the PS4 does uploads natively.

Uninstall app and reinstall it, download will be small.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Is PSN down for anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is PSN down for anybody?

Yupp down for maintenance it's telling me even though i read it was scheduled for Thursday evening.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp down for maintenance it's telling me even though i read it was scheduled for Thursday evening.

Yeah i read the 15th as well,bummer:( Few of the lads must have already been in before it started as there playing now and i cant log in. Even says the 15th on uk psn site and Sony EU twitter tweeted the 15th for today.

Thanks for confirming

Sony need to really sort this,they seem to be spending money on things like PS Now and Project Morpheus(which i really like the idea of)when what they really need to do is strengthen their network. Imagine how bad it would be if PS Now took off in a big way,surely they wouldnt have the server capacity for it if PSN suffers so much downtime.

Im all for new ideas and experiences but only as long as the core ones are in good shape. I really do think the PS4 has been a victim of its own success,id imagine Sony had no idea it was going to be so popular,the infrastructure doesnt seem capable of handling it all.

/rant

Thanks again sheehy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is PSN down for anybody?

Only for those who have paid for it apparently.

Not even joking. My friend in Galway is able to get online and access the PS Store, as are lads on my friends list from NI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Store,Live From PS, Messages etc. seem to be working fine for me but I can't play my downloaded games cause I'm not on my primary PS4 :-(

Was hoping to platinum First Light aswell.

Back online now,headin to bed anyway but be interesting to see if the maintenance still happens the 15th...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

That wasn't the planned maintenance last night so Thursday will still prolly go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anyone know much about the Skylanders or Disney Infinity games? Just looking at games to get my five year old son. He has Knack, a couple of the Lego games and Rayman so was looking ahead to see what else I could pick him up over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭wilser

Lemlin wrote: »
    Anyone know much about the Skylanders or Disney Infinity games? Just looking at games to get my five year old son. He has Knack, a couple of the Lego games and Rayman so was looking ahead to see what else I could pick him up over time.

Think cex are selling the latest skylanders for €20 but they are like a drug for kids, I'd say I could of bought an Xbox one and a Wii u with the money I spent on disney/skylander figures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

wilser wrote: »
    Think cex are selling the latest skylanders for €20 but they are like a drug for kids, I'd say I could of bought an Xbox one and a Wii u with the money I spent on disney/skylander figures

So I'd be better stay well away? Which is the better of the two?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Any ears on what the PS+ games for February are going to be? Can't seem to find any info. online.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

GodlessM wrote: »
    Any ears on what the PS+ games for February are going to be? Can't seem to find any info. online.

Will probably be another 1-2 weeks before we know or hear any rumours, they only announced the last two months worth early to drum up sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

jaffusmax wrote: »

Until I get to try the free PS+ version I'm not going near it. There have been far too many horror stories and this further cut makes me think there are a lot of people thinking the same way as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

lertsnim wrote: »
    Until I get to try the free PS+ version I'm not going near it. There have been far too many horror stories and this further cut makes me think there are a lot of people thinking the same way as me.

Apparently the game has improved alot and the game has been review upward by many. Check out the article! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Probably being paranoid here but said I would ask anyway. Got a PS4 for Christmas and the only two games I have for it are Watchdogs and Fifa 15. It seems to run very quietly on Fifa but sounds louder on Watchdogs. It's not exceptionally loud by any means (I can only hear it if I pause the game or enter the map) and it does seem to go quieter for a period and then increase in noise every so often. Is it normal for the fan noise to vary from game to game? I've heard some people the PS4 runs very loudly for KZ but not sure if there is any truth in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 xProGamingx

Redo91 wrote: »
    Probably being paranoid here but said I would ask anyway. Got a PS4 for Christmas and the only two games I have for it are Watchdogs and Fifa 15. It seems to run very quietly on Fifa but sounds louder on Watchdogs. It's not exceptionally loud by any means (I can only hear it if I pause the game or enter the map) and it does seem to go quieter for a period and then increase in noise every so often. Is it normal for the fan noise to vary from game to game? I've heard some people the PS4 runs very loudly for KZ but not sure if there is any truth in that.

Can't say for certain because it wouldn't be my area of expertise but even just from taking a step back and looking at what you have said... I'd say that the reason it's slightly louder on Watchdogs is due to it constantly having to read large chunks of data from the disk. With Fifa there is one location, a couple of loading screens/menus and player movement. In watchdogs you'd be loading NPC movements, traffic, buildings, explosions and other real time events etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭wilser

Lemlin wrote: »
    So I'd be better stay well away? Which is the better of the two?

Skylanders is probably a better option as the figures and games can be got cheap at this stage.
    Tbf I wouldn't say stay away from either one cos when we were getting the figures it was as a treat or as a bribe :)
    win win for all the family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Redo91 wrote: »
    I could play Destiny all day long (and have done) and not heard the fan at all. Second I go to the map in AC Unity, the fan goes mad. No idea. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 xProGamingx

mickstupp wrote: »
    I could play Destiny all day long (and have done) and not heard the fan at all. Second I go to the map in AC Unity, the fan goes mad. No idea. :confused:

I tried it out because normally I wouldn't take much notice with music playing in the background but... Fans running slightly louder when I play GTA than FIFA which would make sense... loading larger terrains etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

jaffusmax wrote: »

I took the plunge and so far I'm having a load of fun with it! :)

Gonna pick up Driveclub tomorrow, it has meant to have been vastly improved since launch, even if these claims are exaggerated, sure its only 25 Euro.

^I've been watching a couple of videos posted in the last two or three weeks... and I gotta say I'm practically convinced at this point. Very impressive looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I've seen mentioned a few times of Driveclub coming free to PS+ users... Can anyone explain how or why? ... I've only been on PS4 and plus for a week or so, so I'm not entirely clued in yet.
    Thanks

I've seen mentioned a few times of Driveclub coming free to PS+ users... Can anyone explain how or why? ... I've only been on PS4 and plus for a week or so, so I'm not entirely clued in yet.
    Thanks

It has been delayed indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I bought Driveclub last week and am liking it so far anyway.

Got it for €35 in xtra vision, well worth it for that kind of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

DriveClub is a good game, definitely worth the money - but I have a sneaking suspicion that we are going to see the full game (rather than a PS+ edition) added to PS+ in a few months. Unless you are a fan of driving games, I would wait.

Feck it I took the plunge. For 25 quid I feel it's a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

mickstupp wrote: »
    I tried it out because normally I wouldn't take much notice with music playing in the background but... Fans running slightly louder when I play GTA than FIFA which would make sense... loading larger terrains etc...

Cheers for the replies. It seems like it's perfectly normal. Anyone I've asked has said the same thing happens to them on certain games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement