Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Been having a great time with drive club, I was turned off by some Driving games that were far too Sim like with technical adjustments etc. This game suits me great with its stellar looks, great handling and makes me feel competitive. It may not be for dies hard racers but for people like me whom love to dabble in all sorts of games it suits my needs more than enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

played alien isolation today. not even seen the alien or an enemy yet and my heart was pounding. the darkness and the sounds/music get you tense :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Otacon wrote: »
    DriveClub is a good game, definitely worth the money - but I have a sneaking suspicion that we are going to see the full game (rather than a PS+ edition) added to PS+ in a few months. Unless you are a fan of driving games, I would wait.

It is worth buying now and not waiting for a possible ps+ release. Handling in rain and snow makes it difficult. Really loving this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Well I'm enjoying it much more than I expected. The sense of speed is great compared to a lot of other racers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Picked up Driveclub this evening, while I am not blown away by it, it seems to be a solid game now with very well done driving mechanics, well worth €25 anyway and the graphics at times are breathtaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Picked up drive club as well, barely played it but seems fun so far. Is there a boards club to join? Seems some cars are tied to clubs to unlock, or am i misinterpreting that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Picked up drive club as well, barely played it but seems fun so far. Is there a boards club to join? Seems some cars are tied to clubs to unlock, or am i misinterpreting that?

Clubs are limited to 6 members. Some cars are tied to your Club's level. As you level up your driver, if you are a member of a club, it levels that up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

So is DriveClub more like Forza, Need for Speed, Gran Turismo or what? Or a mixture of them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

MarkY91 wrote: »
    played alien isolation today. not even seen the alien or an enemy yet and my heart was pounding. the darkness and the sounds/music get you tense :D

You'll be a nervous wreck by the halfway point in the game. If you're not already, play while wearing headphones.

The slightest sound will set you on edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

So is DriveClub more like Forza, Need for Speed, Gran Turismo or what? Or a mixture of them all?
    I feel like it's less like Forza or Gran Turismo and more like Project Gotham Racing. I think there's a much better sense of speed in DriveClub. Arcadey though. It's not a sim racer. And there's a bit of rubber-banding going on, but it's not offensive. Everything I've won hasn't been by very much, and if I screw up and crash I can still catch up to the pack that was just behind me. Customisation is also minimal, only a few cosmetic colour and design changes, nothing else that I can see.

I've started playing it with all of the HUD turned off and I'm enjoying it even more. Very happy with it, especially at 25 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Am temped to get it too. Remember theres lots of free content on the store for it too: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/search/f=%5Edriveclub%7Cbucket~games%3Aprice~0-0%7C

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

J. Marston wrote: »
    You'll be a nervous wreck by the halfway point in the game. If you're not already, play while wearing headphones.

The slightest sound will set you on edge.

im a grown man and i refused to play it at night :pac:

nearly had a heart attack when i looked at a door and i seen a light moving. turned out to be a lighbulb and not someone moving a torch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Think i'm gonna have to go for Driveclub myself even though noone on my friends list has it i think. It looks amazing and you can't go wrong for 25euro.

Also, does anyone find the battery for the controller crap? I seem to get one or two nights gaming and it needs to be recharged

Also, does anyone find the battery for the controller crap? I seem to get one or two nights gaming and it needs to be recharged

Yea, it's terrible. I only usually get about 4 hours out of mine. Bought a second one to make things easier.

How can they make things to crap its ridiculous

Even dimming the light bar makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Even dimming the light bar makes no difference.

As the light is only an LED nobody should expect it to make a difference.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yea, it's terrible. I only usually get about 4 hours out of mine. Bought a second one to make things easier.

If you're being genuine then it would seem that you've got a faulty controller.
    Battery life is not great at all, but it'll last much longer than 4hrs of constant use - easily.

Battery life is not great at all, but it'll last much longer than 4hrs of constant use - easily.

Maybe i'm exaggerating a little but the battery is absolute ****.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Well not easily, but it will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Whats out on PS4 between now and the order? Not interested in saints row unless its a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The Dualshock 3 battery fits into the DS4 and its higher capacity. There's a how to vid somewhere, I saw it on one of these threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

How long is Driveclub on sale for?
    I've a load of games to get through as it is, but if its gonna go back up to €50 or whatever Id be as well buying now and leaving for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Maybe i'm exaggerating a little but the battery is absolute ****.:pac:

It's for this reason I got a second. I normally have one charging with my phone charger while using the other. Definitely appears to have a short life and maybe it's a combination of light bar & speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

How long is Driveclub on sale for?
    I've a load of games to get through as it is, but if its gonna go back up to €50 or whatever Id be as well buying now and leaving for a few weeks.

It's for the week. So it should reset on Wednesday I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Quite happy with Drive Club. Well worth 25 quid anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

People should stop buying games before they know they work, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got limited time for games for the next few months so the back catalogue will keep me going but will be keeping an eye on The Order.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement