Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

tok9 wrote: »
    It's for the week. So it should reset on Wednesday I guess.
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2015/01/14/playstation-store-update-140115-joe-danger-2-atelier-ayesha-and-a-driveclub-price-drop/
    This website seems to think its a permanent price drop?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

From every preview I've read, there seems a very real threat that The Order will be a steaming turd upon delivery. Given that most previews tend to be neutral, so many quality concerns being flagged this early is quite the cause for alarm.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Taltos wrote: »
    It's for this reason I got a second. I normally have one charging with my phone charger while using the other. Definitely appears to have a short life and maybe it's a combination of light bar & speaker.

It's neither, sony opted to put a lower capacity battery in the DS4 which is why the battery life is sub-optimal. Something like this would be a cheap work around.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Is there a Board's Driveclub ... club set up? I just grabbed the game based on recommendations here and from the couple of races I've played (before full install) I've been surprisingly impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Also, does anyone find the battery for the controller crap? I seem to get one or two nights gaming and it needs to be recharged
    Its an awful battery that Sony placed in there. Hopefully they'll release a controller with improved battery life.

I am looking at some mods on YouTube to replace the battery with one that has a decent charge.

There is also a mod to get rid of the crap DS4 thumb sticks and place in XB1 thumbsticks into the DS4.

I am going to do both mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is there a Board's Driveclub ... club set up? I just grabbed the game based on recommendations here and from the couple of races I've played (before full install) I've been surprisingly impressed.

Clubs are small, they'd need to be a few dozen Boards clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I created a club yesterday. Sent you an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

DS4 is terrible imo as regards build quality. The controller itself could be ok if the battery was decent and the left thumb stick didnt wear away to a nub. Sony getting away with murder on it imo. Its the weakest link of the overall ps4 package i think. And they want you to pay €70 rrp for a new one,which is even more shocking imo. I got a second one for €60,which is still a joke considering i can feel the left thumbstick rubber starting to give way like the first controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

EoinHef wrote: »
    DS4 is terrible imo as regards build quality. The controller itself could be ok if the battery was decent and the left thumb stick didnt wear away to a nub. Sony getting away with murder on it imo. Its the weakest link of the overall ps4 package i think. And they want you to pay €70 rrp for a new one,which is even more shocking imo. I got a second one for €60,which is still a joke considering i can feel the left thumbstick rubber starting to give way like the first controller.
    Rip of price and terrible quality, i had two both r1 buton stuck in

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

After more then year of use ps4 i must say its best and worst ps ever :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

After more then year of use ps4 i must say its best and worst ps ever :-)

I pretty much feel the same,GTA,The last of Us and Diablo 3 have been keeping me entertained for the last while and are great on PS4 but the system certainly does have its issues. Overall taking everything into consideration im a happy PS4 owner but the controller issues are pretty poor from Sony imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I'm guessing the controller roughly last 10 hours when fully charged, doesn't bother me as I only get to play about 2 hours a day. Nothing wrong with any of my buttons or the sticks and have had it since launch and have been playing FIFA.
    As for games dragon age inquisition has kept me busy the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Think i'm gonna have to go for Driveclub myself even though noone on my friends list has it i think. It looks amazing and you can't go wrong for 25euro.

I'm definitely starting to get tempted and I wouldn't even be one for driving games normally

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Didn't realise that was yourself. Accepted now.

If anyone is playing you can add me 'Shreddedloops'. Seems like it will be more enjoyable with an active friends list.

It's definitely a bare bones game but the racing is fun and some of the environments are visually amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

If anyone is playing you can add me 'Shreddedloops'. Seems like it will be more enjoyable with an active friends list.

It's definitely a bare bones game but the racing is fun and some of the environments are visually amazing.

I'll join that club too lads if you'll have me, PSN in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Any chance I could join too ?

Muchtooold3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I got it too and am loving it so far. It reminds me a lot of PGR.
    I too wouldn't mind joining that club. PSN ID is Desecrator666

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Sounds like ye might as well set up another club. I think there are 6 now in our one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Taltos wrote: »
    It's for this reason I got a second. I normally have one charging with my phone charger while using the other. Definitely appears to have a short life and maybe it's a combination of light bar & speaker.

Yeh, you can dim the light bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

What do you do when your PS4 controller breaks? one that came with the console? Is it possible I'll get it replaced, or am I doomed to 50 quid odd for a new one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

cloud493 wrote: »
    What do you do when your PS4 controller breaks? one that came with the console? Is it possible I'll get it replaced, or am I doomed to 50 quid odd for a new one?

i got mine replaced by xtravision. they took the new one from the box for some reason and gave it to me. didnt notice til i got home but they either forgot to give me my receipt back or thats how it goes.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i got mine replaced by xtravision. they took the new one from the box for some reason and gave it to me. didnt notice til i got home but they either forgot to give me my receipt back or thats how it goes.

For a replacement they should either give the receipt back or replace it with a new one.

If you payed in cash originality you now have no proof of purchase, so any future issue will be a problem.

Varik wrote: »
    For a replacement they should either give the receipt back or replace it with a new one.

If you payed in cash originality you now have no proof of purchase, so any future issue will be a problem.

yeah i didnt notice i had no receipt until i got home. kinda just forgot about it. too late to do anything now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I got it from argos and kept the receipt. Just go into an argos store with the receipt and original controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Are there no decent third party controllers for the PS4 available? I wanted to get one for playing Co-Op games with my son but didn't want to pay €60.

had my ps4 on wired for the first time ever. started a 12gb game download. it said it would be done in 50 minutes. back upstairs wireless and the last 4gb will take 75 minutes to download.

i had a slight glimpse of the good life </3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

MarkY91 wrote: »
    had my ps4 on wired for the first time ever. started a 12gb game download. it said it would be done in 50 minutes. back upstairs wireless and the last 4gb will take 75 minutes to download.

i had a slight glimpse of the good life </3

When that happens pause the download for a few seconds and then resume, it should go back to speed it was. Happens alot with big downloads on PSN.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Are there no decent third party controllers for the PS4 available? I wanted to get one for playing Co-Op games with my son but didn't want to pay €60.

They're usually terrible and will give a overall worse experience, and it's like cheapening out on tyre.

Keep an eye out online I got one of amazon for 30.

When that happens pause the download for a few seconds and then resume, it should go back to speed it was. Happens alot with big downloads on PSN.

Yeah I know that little trick. Lit slowed down because I went back to wifi back up in my bedroom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

cloud493 wrote: »

There's a facility to replace console or ds4 on the Sony support page now. For left thumb stick or sticking button problems. Send back original with a courier, get replacement back within a week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement