Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Rip of price and terrible quality, i had two both r1 buton stuck in

I've read a drop of WD40 sorts that out. Not that you should have to.
    When that happens pause the download for a few seconds and then resume, it should go back to speed it was. Happens alot with big downloads on PSN.

I was downloading the system update last night and it was ridiculously slow and only 283MB.
    No option to pause/unpause. I know I could stick it on a usb key but I've no idea what's changed.

I had a PS3 in the same place, also wireless and it always downloaded at high speeds. All my other devices also download at high speed and nothing else has changed in my set up.

I don't see how it's a PSN issue as I had no problems with PS3?
    A couple of suggested solutions I've seen are to change DNS settings or to use Privoxy. Has anyone tried these or have any other suggestions? Plugs will be a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

sin0city wrote: »
    I don't see how it's a PSN issue as I had no problems with PS3?
    I can't shine a light on your problem, but I can say that side by side my PS3 is deathly slow on wireless compared to my PS4. Maybe something to do with how each console interacts with PSN?
    :confused:

mickstupp wrote: »
    I can't shine a light on your problem, but I can say that side by side my PS3 is deathly slow on wireless compared to my PS4. Maybe something to do with how each console interacts with PSN?
    :confused:

Yeah, I don't know. I'm going to try changing the channel on the router and turning off remote play too as I've seen them mentioned too. Really just shots in the dark though. One thing I did notice is the signal strength is only about 58% but it used to be 80% plus on my PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

whiterebel wrote:
    There's a facility to replace console or ds4 on the Sony support page now. For left thumb stick or sticking button problems. Send back original with a courier, get replacement back within a week.

proof of purchase needed? my battery is only lasting about two hours but I got it from CEX. doubt they'd help

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is gta 4 worth getting again for ps4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Nope. GTA 5 might be though :D

Well they've added more music, it'll obviously look a lot better, there's bonus stuff for returning players, the first person view...

I only played through once on PS3 so I went for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

srumball wrote: »
    Nope. GTA 5 might be though :D
    sin0city wrote: »
    Well they've added more music, it'll obviously look a lot better, there's bonus stuff for returning players, the first person view...

I only played through once on PS3 so I went for it.

Sorry meant 5 :o *facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

I had it on both and am enjoying it the second time around. I find myself exploring more on PS$, it is prettier and first person mode is fun also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

srumball wrote: »
    I had it on both and am enjoying it the second time around. I find myself exploring more on PS$, it is prettier and first person mode is fun also

/looks at keyboard
    /$ is on the 4 key
    /understands

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

sweetie wrote: »
    proof of purchase needed? my battery is only lasting about two hours but I got it from CEX. doubt they'd help

No, just serial number

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Did anybody get a code for the planetside 2 beta?

Shooter im looking forward to most in the next few months. I applied for a code but havent heard anything:(

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

lads anyone else's ps4 acting up with upc Internet? I keep getting nat type error. not sure is it a fault after developing in my UPC box or the ps4 itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

lads anyone else's ps4 acting up with upc Internet? I keep getting nat type error. not sure is it a fault after developing in my UPC box or the ps4 itself.

You need to do port forwarding on your modem/horizon box for psn.

CombatCow wrote: »
    You need to do port forwarding on your modem/horizon box for psn.

is this a recent thing with upc boxes or the ps4 firmware? It worked perfectly before xmas. haven't used it in a while, dusted it off this week and the problem started

I doubt that would affected it, I had to do a factory reset on my box so that wiped my settings, I just added the psn ports again and I'm back on nat 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

When im checking connection on my ps4 getting nat2 but " ip fragmentation" error too, by wired im getting nat1 and same error, well No issues on psn, online games. Upc

I doubt that would affected it, I had to do a factory reset on my box so that wiped my settings, I just added the psn ports again and I'm back on nat 2.

booted it in safe mode and reset it to default. have been playing fifa there for the last two hours online so it seems to be sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

yes but it only seems to be happening since i upgraded to the horizon box.

when it does connect, half the time i get .5mb downlaod speeds when i would average 20 wireless in my room.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

PSN members, claim your 10% PlayStation Store discount this Friday
    As a thank you to all of our PSN members, we are happy to announce the details of the 10% PlayStation Store discount.

The discount will be valid from 9.00am GMT on 23rd January until 9.00am GMT on 26th January. Simply use the promotion code for a one-time 10% discount off eligible items in a total cart purchase in PlayStation Store on PS3, PS4 or via store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com.

Some exclusions do apply, including subscriptions for PS Plus, Music Unlimited and rental video content. The code must be redeemed at checkout and your discounted transaction must be completed before 9.00am on 26th January.

Kinda sh!tty that the code is only valid for one weekend. Still, a nice gesture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Balls you can't use it for PS+. Not waiting til Friday to get 2 euro off Resident Evil Remastered which is live on the store now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

And it looks like you cant use it on pre-orders on the EU store. I was planning on using it for Bloodborne :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I upgraded to Horizon last week and have no trouble connecting and still have NAT2 and download speeds of at least 14mbs. The only thing i did do was go into the admin page to enable UpnP but that was to get the NAT open on my Xbox One. Dunno if it effects anything on the PS4/PS3.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Balls you can't use it for PS+. Not waiting til Friday to get 2 euro off Resident Evil Remastered which is live on the store now.

It says PS+ subscriptions, not PS+ games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

PS+ games are free unless you mean use it on PS+ only discounts.

Basically you can't use it to get €5 off a PS+ sub which is a kick. I would have got tow of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah I meant PS+ Subs as PS+ games are already free.

PS+ games are free unless you mean use it on PS+ only discounts.

Basically you can't use it to get €5 off a PS+ sub which is a kick. I would have got tow of those.

Whoops! Yea, + discounts i meant.

And it looks like you cant use it on pre-orders on the EU store. I was planning on using it for Bloodborne :mad:

It specifically says you can use it on pre-order games. Im gonna use it to get dying light off the US store for $54 (€46) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It specifically says you can use it on pre-order games. Im gonna use it to get dying light off the US store for $54 (€46) :)

The EU store is different to the US store. For the EU store you're not charged for pre-orders until the release day. The PS EU Blog says:
    The code must be redeemed at checkout and your discounted transaction must be completed before 9.00am on 26th January

Anyway, it still doesn't help me as Bloodborne is not available to pre-order yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Excluding Subscriptions leaves a sour taste. It's meant as a goodwill gesture due to the issues to the network and the network we pay for isn't even included in the discount.

Anyway, I can see myself using this more with my US account. As others have said, pre order things like Bloodborne.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement