Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

And it looks like you cant use it on pre-orders on the EU store. I was planning on using it for Bloodborne :mad:
    Well that sucks.
    tok9 wrote: »
    Anyway, I can see myself using this more with my US account. As others have said, pre order things like Bloodborne.
    But if you can use it for pre-orders on the US store I'll be going there too. They've the Witcher 3 pre-order for $54 I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

And it looks like you cant use it on pre-orders on the EU store. I was planning on using it for Bloodborne :mad:

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/557361902494310400

@yosp: Great chance to preorder The Order: 1886, Bloodborne & Grim F :D
    Use One-Time 10% PS Store Discount This Weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

tok9 wrote: »
    Excluding Subscriptions leaves a sour taste. It's meant as a goodwill gesture due to the issues to the network and the network we pay for isn't even included in the discount.

All PS+ members during the downtime are getting an automatic 5 day extension and that's it. Not a great good will gesture at all really. A free Month would be more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I don't mind that to be honest. it's just annoying that they mentioned a 10% discount and then applied some exclusions afterwards.

It doesn't make the gesture look as sincere imo. I'm still happy to get it but as I said.. just leaves a sour taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Otacon wrote: »
    @yosp: Great chance to preorder The Order: 1886, Bloodborne & Grim F :D
    Use One-Time 10% PS Store Discount This Weekend...

Dammit, i don't have a US account :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Very easy to setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

irishmover wrote: »
    Very easy to setup.

Surely i'd also need to buy a US PS+ sub to avail of the 10% discount?

So a 10% discount with restriction and a limited 3 day window to use it. Add to the fast the US can use it on games we can't etc.

Not good Sony.

Not worth it as you have to get US store credit on Amazon.com so you will end up having to spend more than you need to to use a 10% discount code. The difference between the € and $ is at an 11 year low right now so not much of a saving to be had anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

The difference between the € and $ is at an 11 year low right now so not much of a saving to be had anymore.
    Depends on the game surely? Quick example, Witcher 3 is $54 or €65. Hefty enough saving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Not worth it as you have to get US store credit on Amazon.com so you will end up having to spend more than you need to to use a 10% discount code. The difference between the € and $ is at an 11 year low right now so not much of a saving to be had anymore.

Of course it's worth it, the games are cheaper, it's not just a straight currency conversion.

Of course it's worth it, the games are cheaper, it's not just a straight currency conversion.

Res Evil HD works out at $17.13 on the US store. It's €20 here. Not worth the hassle there.

Sure I got Infamous last year for €43 on the US store but having to get US Store credit for a higher amount and the fact I can't trade in make the whole process not worth it at all.

I just get the physical copies cheap on Amazon a week or so after release and the price drops, play it and trade it in CEX. New game for about €25 and I'm not left stuck with a digital title I'll probably never play again. Only a few classics I hang on to to go back on.

Indeed it's always worth it. Best to buy most games from there so any extra dollars in your account will be used up anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Res Evil HD works out at $17.13 on the US store. It's €20 here. Not worth the hassle there.

Sure I got Infamous last year for €43 on the US store but having to get US Store credit for a higher amount and the fact I can't trade in make the whole process not worth it at all.

I just get the physical copies cheap on Amazon a week or so after release and the price drops, play it and trade it in CEX. New game for about €25 and I'm not left stuck with a digital title I'll probably never play again. Only a few classics I hang on to to go back on.

Heebusjebus was looking to pre-order an upcoming release, €69.99 here or $54 or whatever it is there.

Not really comparing the same are ya. Comparing stores here. You like physical copies, others like digital. US store is cheaper than EU and Oz store, and often enough released before.

True, I only buy PSN only titles and with the current prices and excahange rate there is very little difference in price between the EU and US store unless you are buying AAA titles. Which IMO people need their head checked paying out more than €55 on a new release AAA/boxed game. I excpected digital versions of physical game to be cheaper to buy as was predicted 10 years ago before Steam was a thing. Everyone said they would be cheaper with no overhead shop costs like rent and wages etc. But here we are paying well over the odds unless you screw the system.

/ends rant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was given 50 euros yesterday by a very nice person so I brought GTA 5 in the end, just waiting for it too dispatch now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

3 days to use it. Bastards.
    Surely i'd also need to buy a US PS+ sub to avail of the 10% discount?

Also you would have had to had the U.S. PS+ during the downtime.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3291-The-Order-1886

Trophies are up for the order, seems easy like an easy platinum .

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3291-The-Order-1886

Trophies are up for the order, seems easy like an easy platinum .

All silvers and golds too, odd list. Looks like the list of a B list low budget movie tie in game.

• Advertisement

Hopefully the game will be good now too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Hits PS4 on March 24th

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/20/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-hits-ps4-on-march-24th/#sf7024564

"we bringing The Pre-Sequel to PS4 on March 24th, but Borderlands 2 is coming along with it! Both titles will be available in one package as Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for $59.99."...With every piece of DLC for both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CombatCow wrote: »
    Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Hits PS4 on March 24th

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/20/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-hits-ps4-on-march-24th/#sf7024564

"we bringing The Pre-Sequel to PS4 on March 24th, but Borderlands 2 is coming along with it! Both titles will be available in one package as Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for $59.99."...With every piece of DLC for both games.

Will get that, for Borderlands 2 is hope you can transfer characters like with the Vita.

Who's up for a team of 4 clap traps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

PSN down for anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Sigh. Actually no, I don't mind remastered editions at all, I just mind that few of the games I like have got it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Varik wrote: »
    Will get that, for Borderlands 2 is hope you can transfer characters like with the Vita.

Who's up for a team of 4 clap traps.

Yeah you can transfer your ps3/vita borderlands 2 save over.
    NufcNavan wrote: »
    PSN down for anyone else?

PSN is online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Bought Wolfenstein like a week or 2 ago on adverts for 20euro, only got around to trying it out last night as was away most of the time with exams and what not... Absolutely amazing game, only got about 2hours of gameplay in but looking forward to the rest... Hopefully CEX will still offer 20euro cash for it next week so I basically get to complete the game for free as I will need the money...

Must actually try out the online too, loved the Wolfenstein on PS3 for online and story, although I don't think I got around to finishing the game sadly... Well worth picking up if you can get for about 30euro or less on adverts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Bought Wolfenstein like a week or 2 ago on adverts for 20euro, only got around to trying it out last night as was away most of the time with exams and what not... Absolutely amazing game, only got about 2hours of gameplay in but looking forward to the rest... Hopefully CEX will still offer 20euro cash for it next week so I basically get to complete the game for free as I will need the money...

Must actually try out the online too, loved the Wolfenstein on PS3 for online and story, although I don't think I got around to finishing the game sadly... Well worth picking up if you can get for about 30euro or less on adverts...

There's no online portion to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

There's no online portion to the game.

Wow, really :eek: ... Usually every FPS game has online...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Wow, really :eek: ... Usually every FPS game has online...

This game is such a success because the developers focused on the single play experience, just like the original FPS'ers.
    To me this is one of the best games out there - great fun, good story - looking forwards to playing it again in a few months.

Some of us just don't enjoy the online experience anymore. Whether its due to latency or just not getting it the solo game here really benefits from the experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement