Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Taltos wrote: »
    This game is such a success because the developers focused on the single play experience, just like the original FPS'ers.
    To me this is one of the best games out there - great fun, good story - looking forwards to playing it again in a few months.

Some of us just don't enjoy the online experience anymore. Whether its due to latency or just not getting it the solo game here really benefits from the experience.

And on the completely other side of things, Planetside 2 beta is out today in the US, EU a bit later.

Runs 3pm to 9pm pst (Tuesday-Thursday), and on Friday it's 3pm to 9pm Sunday and again pst.

11pm here, won't be playing until the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Taltos wrote: »
    This game is such a success because the developers focused on the single play experience, just like the original FPS'ers.
    To me this is one of the best games out there - great fun, good story - looking forwards to playing it again in a few months.

Some of us just don't enjoy the online experience anymore. Whether its due to latency or just not getting it the solo game here really benefits from the experience.

This

Def my game of the year of 2014 . Such a breath of fresh air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

But the bullet and bought Driveclub, fúck me it's gorgeous like it's insane how fantastic it looks! Only played for two hours but they seemed to nail the balance of a sim/arcade feel to the game, very happy with it indeed. Dat weather :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I like the new Japan tracks, from yesterday's update. They look great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

CombatCow wrote: »
    . Dat weather :O

The weather effects were not there at launch and were added in later in an update. For me I can't get into it as the handling is too arcady for me. Even something close to PGR handling would be nice, that had the right mix of handling imo. The cars feel too light and like they pivot on a pole through the centre of the car rather than the front wheels turning it and the back then under or oversteering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

CombatCow wrote: »
    But the bullet and bought Driveclub, fúck me it's gorgeous like it's insane how fantastic it looks! Only played for two hours but they seemed to nail the balance of a sim/arcade feel to the game, very happy with it indeed. Dat weather :O

This is exactly the type of post that is going to make me end up buying drive club at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I don't play that many racing games and the last one that I loved was Burnout Revenge on PS2.

So far I'm loving Driveclub. I agree that the balance is right, it's a lot of fun but there is still a lot of skill involved to be really good at the game (drifting takes a bit of practice to get used to)

Also challenges are just so addictive. I kept on repeating a single lap race the other night trying to get as high up the leaderboard as possible.

For €25, it's well worth it imo. I'll be very tempted to purchase the season pass at the weekend with that 10% off code.

Just looking on the store now and Game of Thrones is listed as discounted in the Gamers Choice tab from €24.99 to €17.49 yet when I add it to the cart and go to pay it's at €24.99

If you search for the game normally it's listed as €24.99 but why is it discounted in the Gamer's Choice list and the cart won't recognise it as discounted??

Pretty sure the €25 Driveclub offer will end tomorrow(Wed) when the January sale ends so ye won't get the opportunity to use the 10% on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I'm currently legging around Kyrat finishing the side missions. I have Wolfenstein lined up waiting.

Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Batesy wrote: »
    I'm currently legging around Kyrat finishing the side missions. I have Wolfenstein lined up waiting.

Looking forward to it.

It will not disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

True, I only buy PSN only titles and with the current prices and excahange rate there is very little difference in price between the EU and US store unless you are buying AAA titles. Which IMO people need their head checked paying out more than €55 on a new release AAA/boxed game. I excpected digital versions of physical game to be cheaper to buy as was predicted 10 years ago before Steam was a thing. Everyone said they would be cheaper with no overhead shop costs like rent and wages etc. But here we are paying well over the odds unless you screw the system.

/ends rant.

Well. In my example I'm in Australia which charges a fortune for both store and physical copy. However when I buy from US store (last two examples are NBA 2K15 and Shadow of Morodor) the most I've paid, after currency conversion was €46 for the digital game. I also got shadow of mordor 8 days before AU release. To me that's worth it than ordering physical copies of the games. I have no idea how much you guys back home pay for games both via buying off amazon etc or in bricks and mortor shops but I doubt it is a decent amount lower than €45 is it? If it is then I agree with you but there's also the added ease of being pure lazy and not having to get off the couch for diddly squat!

Dont even need to go hunting for the remote either as my PS4 turns my TV on..

I'm trying to buy Driveclub on the playstation store in work but it says its unavailable as I already have PS+

What am I doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I'm trying to buy Driveclub on the playstation store in work but it says its unavailable as I already have PS+

What am I doing wrong?

There's two driveclubs. One which is unavailable because its the free one for plus members thats delayed and the other one is the game. If you've plus it'll show as discounted.

Quick question, Is there split screen on drive club?

No a guaranteed feature anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Varik wrote: »
    Quick question, Is there split screen on drive club?

No a guaranteed feature anymore.

Doesn't look like it http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/driveclub-splitscreen-multiplayer/

One of my least favourite things about the current generation is the lack of local multiplayer. Fifa is pretty much the only game that's any good for it (and other sports games)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Doesn't look like it http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/driveclub-splitscreen-multiplayer/

One of my least favourite things about the current generation is the lack of local multiplayer. Fifa is pretty much the only game that's any good for it (and other sports games)

The new Borderlands collection coming to PS4 has 4 player local split screen, at least some developers still want it. It may be to every ones tastes but good on gearbox for still putting it in

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

irishmover wrote: »
    Well. In my example I'm in Australia which charges a fortune for both store and physical copy. However when I buy from US store (last two examples are NBA 2K15 and Shadow of Morodor) the most I've paid, after currency conversion was €46 for the digital game. I also got shadow of mordor 8 days before AU release. To me that's worth it than ordering physical copies of the games. I have no idea how much you guys back home pay for games both via buying off amazon etc or in bricks and mortor shops but I doubt it is a decent amount lower than €45 is it? If it is then I agree with you but there's also the added ease of being pure lazy and not having to get off the couch for diddly squat!

Dont even need to go hunting for the remote either as my PS4 turns my TV on..

When I look at the prices of games over here in Ireland, physical copies are minimum 65-75. The highest I've paid for a digital game off the US store is 49 euro. Not sure how the guy above doesn't see value in that but anyway.

Also for any game that I know I won't play after completing I wait for them to go on sale and pick them up for 20-30 dollars.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    The new Borderlands collection coming to PS4 has 4 player local split screen, at least some developers still want it. It may be to every ones tastes but good on gearbox for still putting it in

That and Diablo 3, great split screen co-op. With large widescreen TVs being common, split screen would work better now than in the past when smaller 4:3 CRT TV were the norm.

I remember playing 4 player splitscreen N64 GoldenEye on a 14" CRT TV.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

25 for drive club is very tempting !

The jan sale ends today, so it may be removed in about an hour... just sayin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

25 for drive club is very tempting !

Get it. Steep learning curve and demands practice but it's damn addictive. Can't go wrong for 25euro.

Bought it there, will have to swap out the hdd on it.

I've a 1tb spare but I'll leave it till Sunday to download over week.

Sony have started a new PSN sale today running till the 4ht of Feb so it can be used with the 10% code.

Alot of 2K stuff

Plus Game of Thrones and Boarderlands Season Pass 30% off and more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Anyone else keep losing their connection to PSN?
    The last few days it seems to drop out for a couple of seconds maybe once an hour for me.

Friends list disappears as if offline etc.

Very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Sony have started a new PSN sale today running till the 4ht of Feb so it can be used with the 10% code.

Alot of 2K stuff

Plus Game of Thrones and Boarderlands Season Pass 30% off and more.

Where do we get those 10% codes? Am I missing something, I don't think I got one :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Where do we get those 10% codes? Am I missing something, I don't think I got one :confused:

They are not out yet, wait till the weekend and then you just have 3 days to use it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/19/psn-members-get-one-time-10-ps-store-discount-this-weekend/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Xenji wrote: »
    They are not out yet, wait till the weekend and then you just have 3 days to use it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/19/psn-members-get-one-time-10-ps-store-discount-this-weekend/

Ahh right cool, thought they may have been released already... Might wait then and buy Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris or something...

• Advertisement

Got one already off my Japanese account yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement