Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

So what are people planning on using this for or at all. I think i might use my us account 10% on destiny dlc seeing as i have $5 in there already. Not sure if I'll use my irish account 10%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is there a good price for saints row anywhere?
    If gamestop have it for 55, it must be cheaper elsewhere :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

nothing interests me enough to take advantage of the 10% off. hardly use my ps4 compared to 2014 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Whenever I upload a video from the capture gallery the sound is always a little out of sync, is this happening to anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Stupid question, but is it possible to plug a HDMI cable into my Laptop and PS4 and would it work for playing games?... Need to get a new TV to get some game time, but trying to see is there a way to play through the laptop screen... It has HDMI Output (but I hear you need HDMI Input to connect to PS4? ) One person told me it would work another said it wouldn't...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Stupid question, but is it possible to plug a HDMI cable into my Laptop and PS4 and would it work for playing games?... Need to get a new TV to get some game time, but trying to see is there a way to play through the laptop screen... It has HDMI Output (but I hear you need HDMI Input to connect to PS4? ) One person told me it would work another said it wouldn't...

Doubt it very much, I've never seen a laptop with a HDMI in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No it doesn't work. I tried with my mac book and it didn't work anyway.

It says the port is input and output so hopefully it does... Will need to wait till later to try it out though...

EDIT: Think one of the sites was wrong so probably only output

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone going to try out Elder scrolls now it won't require a subscription, there is an optional sub but it hopefully won't penalize "free" (game still costs so not f2p) players too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone going to try out Elder scrolls now it won't require a subscription, there is an optional sub but it hopefully won't penalize "free" (game still costs so not f2p) players too much.

If they roll out some type of open beta before release to see how it performs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Varik wrote: »

I love elder scrolls games... But I'm yet to be convinced on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭wilser

Am going to pick up the Lara croft game over the weekend with the 10% off, is the season pass worth it? It's an extra €5 for it but I'm not sure exactly what you get for that

wilser wrote: »
    Am going to pick up the Lara croft game over the weekend with the 10% off, is the season pass worth it? It's an extra €5 for it but I'm not sure exactly what you get for that

Might as well, it will end up being 4euro then so can't go wrong (think it's bundled for 14.50)... I was going to buy this myself too but just bought Minutes with my remainder wallet... Fun little game for 3.75

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

wilser wrote: »

the SP dlc was supposed to be muck IIRC, dunno what MP is on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

CombatCow wrote: »
    The jan sale ends today, so it may be removed in about an hour... just sayin'

Driveclub stayed at low price! Purchase had been decided by fate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Got Driveclub yesterday too and played it for a while. I'm loving it so far and I'm not usually into racing games. Hope to improve a bit and maybe join an online club. If anyone knows of any can you let me know.

On a side note I've a question someone might be able to help me with. My brother got me a game (uk) gift card for Xmas. It has the exact amount on it to purchase a ps+ sub for a year. I'm currently on the 14 day free trial which is due to expire this weekend. What I'm wondering is, is there any way I can use the UK subscription on my inish ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

No, you can't unless you create a UK account and use it with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Got Driveclub yesterday too and played it for a while. I'm loving it so far and I'm not usually into racing games. Hope to improve a bit and maybe join an online club. If anyone knows of any can you let me know.

On a side note I've a question someone might be able to help me with. My brother got me a game (uk) gift card for Xmas. It has the exact amount on it to purchase a ps+ sub for a year. I'm currently on the 14 day free trial which is due to expire this weekend. What I'm wondering is, is there any way I can use the UK subscription on my inish ps4?

You won't be able to use it on your Irish account, but what you can do is create a UK account, apply the subscription to that account, and it enables online play for every user account on that console, provided you've activated it as your primary PS4. When you want to download the free PS Plus games, you just have to do it on your UK account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Thanks for the replies ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Question when buying drive club online as long as I have a PS Plus subscription I can buy the PS Plus upgrade and I get the full game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Thepoet85 wrote: »

martyos121 wrote: »
    You won't be able to use it on your Irish account, but what you can do is create a UK account, apply the subscription to that account, and it enables online play for every user account on that console, provided you've activated it as your primary PS4. When you want to download the free PS Plus games, you just have to do it on your UK account.

But don't forget, if you already had PS+ on your Irish account.. when that expires, all the PS+ games under that account won't work until you renew the subscription on your irish account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Lads...where the hell is he 10% code ? I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Question when buying drive club online as long as I have a PS Plus subscription I can buy the PS Plus upgrade and I get the full game?

There only is the full game to download. The Plus version/upgrade is cancelled until further notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Not sent out yet for EU accounts. Better be soon as they can only be used from tomorrow 9am GMT to Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Not sent out yet for EU accounts. Better be soon as they can only be used from tomorrow 9am GMT to Sunday.

Yehh...I just noticed that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think this 10% thing is all just a ruse by Sony to try and get people to buy stuff online, quickly, over a short period of time. Why limit it to one weekend otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Tomorrow, emailed to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I think this 10% thing is all just a ruse by Sony to try and get people to buy stuff online, quickly, over a short period of time. Why limit it to one weekend otherwise?

Why would anybody think it's anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

10% off is pretty crap as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

gerrybbadd wrote: »

itd pressure alot of people into getting something when they wouldnt have got it otherwise. i was tempted but i checked the store and nothing really interested me. especially at 2 euro off a game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement