Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya I got online eventually but the store is so slow to load , very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anyone know when we'll know if we made the European Beta for PS2?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anyone know when we'll know if we made the European Beta for PS2?

The beta keys are the same it seems, if you've not got one yet you're not in it.

Got mine already as did a few others but you need to currently use them on a US account as the beta isn't on the EU PSN store yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure where else to post this but if you had a US PSN account you might be entitled to free PS Plus membership or games because of the class action lawsuit against Sony for the hacking ordeal back in 2011. You can file at the link below, I've not tried yet but there's a probability this only applies to US citizens:

https://psnsoesettlement.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not sure where else to post this but if you had a US PSN account you might be entitled to free PS Plus membership or games because of the class action lawsuit against Sony for the hacking ordeal back in 2011. You can file at the link below, I've not tried yet but there's a probability this only applies to US citizens:

https://psnsoesettlement.com/

Says at the bottom, if you had your identity stolen as a result of the hack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I believe its also restricted to those who didn't claim the games back in 2011. Which I did, so its fairly useless to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

AGoodison wrote: »
    Says at the bottom, if you had your identity stolen as a result of the hack.

If you had your identity stolen you are liable for $2300 dollars, although if that did happen that's not a lot to cover what you went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Dying light is a lot better than I thought it was going to be...I'm surprised. The " be the Zombie " mode is class... and quite scary. The kids and me spent the day yesterday playing it on both my PS4's .

I now have something to fill the gap til Project cars comes out...sweet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any news on what games are coming to plus in Feb?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Any news on what games are coming to plus in Feb?

Nothing yet on the blog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

How fixable is the PS4 lads? mine sounds like a jumbo jet and is getting worse by the day. I'm out of warranty now, so I'm not sure if going down the official Sony route is the cheapest/best option.

I have it well ventilated, horizontal and room temp isn't an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

nocoverart wrote: »
    How fixable is the PS4 lads? mine sounds like a jumbo jet and is getting worse by the day. I'm out of warranty now, so I'm not sure if going down the official Sony route is the cheapest/best option.

Remove any disc you have inserted and bring it to your local garage and blow it out with the airline. Make sure you blow it with the airflow direction
    http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/Ps4-external-fan-direction-please-help/td-p/44254270

Top and bottom to back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's not out of warranty at all yet. All electrical goods sold in the EU have an automatic 2yr warranty under EU consumer rights legislation.

You can still return it to Sony and quote the EU consumer rights to them if they say no.

It's not out of warranty at all yet. All electrical goods sold in the EU have an automatic 2yr warranty under EU consumer rights legislation.

You can still return it to Sony and quote the EU consumer rights to them if they say no.

They don't, that's a EU directive that Ireland never implemented as our consumer laws already give better protection with responsibility placed on the retailer.

Some manufacturers treat Europe as one so they do offer the 2 years but it's not automatic or a law here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Thanks lads for all that. Won't hurt to give Sony a call and see if they budge.

Thanks lads for all that. Won't hurt to give Sony a call and see if they budge.

Give it a go but your warranty under EU law will be with the retailer so Sony don't really have to do anything if it's out of the manufacturers warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Seems most retailers don't know this as most of the time, Gamestop for example, mostly try to fob you off to Sony straight away after the 30 day point. Compared to the likes of Amazon that almost bend over backwards to resolve issues.

Try sony first, if you go to the retailer they're unlikely to straight swap one so it's going back to Sony anyway and if sony do replace it themselves you'll get sorted a bit quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

RedXIV wrote: »
    Nothing yet on the blog

Don't suppose you have a link to the blog? Thanks

Edit: Nevermind Bing found it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

wilser wrote: »

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Edit: Nevermind Bing found it :)

Woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah

Bing?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Feel like I'm in trouble ;)
    Which search engine am I meant to use?
    Google?
    Sorry for pissing on the chips, it wont happen again. I promise

Sorry for pissing on the chips, it wont happen again. I promise

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

You are covered by irish consumer law,any good must be of merchantible quality and have an expected durability or lifetime. Got a PS3 fixed by Game(RIP) twice when it was 4yrs old for no charge,and after it broke a 3rd time i was givin,in store credit,a refund to the tune of what they were charging for my model second hand. About €240 if memory serves. The left thumbstick issue would also be covered under this. Quote below is from irish consumer law.
    Goods must be of merchantable quality– goods should be of reasonable quality taking into account what they are meant to do, their durability and their price

inFAMOUS Second Son is only €19.99. Get on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Not a bad game. Not as great as the original but pretty damn good all the same especially for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Probably one of the worst kept gaming secrets, but a trophy list has appeared for Beyond Two Souls.

http://www.exophase.com/game/beyond-two-souls-ps4/trophies/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My personal favourite exclusive on the system right now, steal at that price. Wish I hadn't platinumed it so I could play it through again.

Spotify Coming to PlayStation
    We know how important music is to our community of gamers, and this partnership combines the best in music with the best in gaming. PlayStation Network users will enjoy the convenience of linking your accounts to Spotify, making it easy to sign-up with your existing ID and subscribe to Spotify’s Premium service.

You can also use Spotify while playing games on PS4, enabling you to soundtrack your gaming sessions with your favorite songs in the background. Want something heavy and rocking for an intense Destiny Raid? How about some old school hip hop while taking to the pitch in FIFA? With more than 30 million songs and 1.5 billion playlists, Spotify on PlayStation Music has it covered.

The new service will launch initially on PS4 and PS3, as well as Xperia smartphones and tablets. You’ll of course be able to listen to your favorite playlists – including existing playlists from current Spotify users as well as Spotify curated playlists – and enjoy the service on all of Spotify’s supported devices.

Prior to the launch of Spotify on PlayStation Music, the Music Unlimited service will close in all 19 countries on 29th March 2015. Nearly all of these countries will be among the 41 markets where PlayStation Music featuring Spotify will be available at launch, including the UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy. From 28th February 2015, Music Unlimited users with active subscriptions will receive free access to Music Unlimited through 29th March 2015.

I don't subscribe to MU or Spotify so this doesn't impact me but others may be interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I'm a Spotify Premium subscriber so this suits me. Have my PS4 hooked up to a home cinema system so should be good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement