Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Otacon wrote: »

It's in Sterling . The voucher can not be used on and IE PS+ account...just a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Otacon wrote: »
    The best game on the PS4 at the moment is Assassin's Creed IV IMO. So if you can only buy one, I'd get that.

Man.. I really just can't recommend someone to buy AC4 unless they like AC. Really don't understand why it's being talked about so highly in terms of the series when there has been no massive improvement imo and it still has the terrible combat.

tok9 wrote: »
    Man.. I really just can't recommend someone to buy AC4 unless they like AC. Really don't understand why it's being talked about so highly in terms of the series when there has been no massive improvement imo and it still has the terrible combat.

The only AC game I truly liked was ACII. The reason I believe it is being talked about so much is it is fun being a pirate. I will admit some of the main missions are bad, mostly because of the 'tailing' missions, but the ship battles and traversal mechanics make up for most of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

ACII and Black Flag are great. The rest I could leave. For me, AC:BF is one of the best games of last year, even with it's flaws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Haven't played AC since the second installment but I did enjoy that game when it came out for a time. But it got a little repetitive in regards to combat/storyline IMO. Do you think AC:BF is a step up from ACII Grayditch?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, it really is. The Naval combat is some of the most enjoyable gaming I've experienced in a while. The story line and missions can be drawn out and repetitive at time, but for the most part its a really great game. Lots to do and a great multiplayer, you really get a lot of time out of it for your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anyone any ideas how much id get trading in Nba 2k14 ?

Its not a bad game i have just had hardly any time to play it its always just fifa i throw on.

I heard Gamestop are awful for trade in value any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Its not a bad game i have just had hardly any time to play it its always just fifa i throw on.

Traded it into xtra vision last week for €40 store credit, smyths offered me €20 store credit for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I got €40 in Xtra-vision a few weeks ago.
    Not sure about GS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Traded it into xtra vision last week for €40 store credit, smyths offered me €20 store credit for it!

Jesus :pac:.

Uhh have to figure out where the nearest xtravision is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I got €40 in Xtra-vision a few weeks ago.
    Not sure about GS.

Would that be the same for battlefield. Haven't played it since xmas. Might get ac or nfs instead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Would that be the same for battlefield. Haven't played it since xmas. Might get ac or nfs instead

Not sure.
    But i think Xtra-Vision are giving €40 for most PS4 games par Knack and Killzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got €45 in GS before Christmas, say it has gone down a bit now though, was in the last day and they had a few used ones on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

tok9 wrote: »

i love AC but even i dont understand the hype behind it. so many flaws in the whole AC series.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Well...no one is saying it's perfect....but then no one could say that about any game and be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

Does anyone know any plans for an upcoming racing game, like NFS Underground 2? I know there's DRIVECLUB and Gran Turismo but neither seem that good for customizing cars. I've heard The Crew is good that way but in the trailer it seems the customization is a bit OTT, making mustangs off-road etc.

JDM Jack wrote: »
    Does anyone know any plans for an upcoming racing game, like NFS Underground 2? I know there's DRIVECLUB and Gran Turismo but neither seem that good for customizing cars. I've heard The Crew is good that way but in the trailer it seems the customization is a bit OTT, making mustangs off-road etc.

The only other one on the horizon is Project Cars, but do not really how much customization is in it, if any at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

For people who've bought off VideoGamesPlus, how much is shipping?

For people who've bought off VideoGamesPlus, how much is shipping?

5 euro per item, if the game is used, it is free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

JDM Jack wrote: »

Its 10 years since need for speed underground as you can see with is coming out people dont wont a game like that as customising cars is so pimp my ride at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

My ps4 was just picked up for replacement, the courier said he has another two to pick up today and has been doing it a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Its 10 years since need for speed underground as you can see with is coming out people dont wont a game like that as customising cars is so pimp my ride at this stage

2 of my friends refuse to but any NFS game until they release another NFS underground. i think it would be the most sussessfull NFS in recent years if released

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

MarkY91 wrote: »
    2 of my friends refuse to but any NFS game until they release another NFS underground. i think it would be the most sussessfull NFS in recent years if released

I agree with this. I stayed away frkm nfs shift but i brought most wanted, the run and hot pursuit. Got bored of them after a week. And i havent gotten the new yet. I miss the underground series. I still played underground up till about 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I always wondered why they stopped the Underground series, was by far my favourite of the NFS franchise.

Some gameplay footage of inFamous: Second Son. Looks like a lot of fun to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I caved and went out and got myself a PS4 today. Got the last one that was in stock in gamestop Waterford which is mad considering they had a load in when I was in there last week. Wanted to get AC4 but they were out of stock, I'll hopefully pick it up in the next few days. I'm fairly impressed with it so far. Just had a quick game of Resogun and it's great little game just like Super Stardust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Resogun gets better the more you play it. Also 'purchase' dont starve as it will be leaving the instant game collecetion tomorrow i think, just so you'll have it

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Resogun gets better the more you play it. Also 'purchase' dont starve as it will be leaving the instant game collecetion tomorrow i think, just so you'll have it

Got Don't Starve aswell, haven't gotten around to trying it yet, Outlast is being added to the instant game collection soon isn't it?

Got Don't Starve aswell, haven't gotten around to trying it yet, Outlast is being added to the instant game collection soon isn't it?

Next Wednesday (5th Feb) probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Outlast is going to be so so good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement