Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

EoinHef wrote: »
    Im probably going to do this,sick of the half a thumbstick of rubber thats left on the controller now!!

You got a link to where the X1 thumbsticks can be bought?

From Amazon http://goo.gl/ZrFUC9
    £6.59, lots of good verified reviews from PS4 owners.

For me its not even a case of wear and tear on the thumbstick, its more about grip and control.

I am going to check out the shorter analogs posted earlier also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Thanks failsafe,ill check them out. Im not familiar with the X1 controller but if the thumbsticks are similar to the 360 ones i can imagine them being very tall on a DS4. Dont get me wrong the 360 stalks suited the controller but sonys sticks have traditionally been short and fat so it may feel weird but then again for €10 no harm in buying one or two sets of the different types and try them out.

Loads of my friends with PS4's who could use them as well so could throw a set or two there way.

Just thinking i may swap the left and right thumbsticks till i can get my hands on a set of replacements,dry run for changing them and get a decent left thumbstick for awhile:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

EoinHef wrote: »
    Thanks failsafe,ill check them out. Im not familiar with the X1 controller but if the thumbsticks are similar to the 360 ones i can imagine them being very tall on a DS4. Dont get me wrong the 360 stalks suited the controller but sonys sticks have traditionally been short and fat so it may feel weird but then again for €10 no harm in buying one or two sets of the different types and try them out.

Loads of my friends with PS4's who could use them as well so could throw a set or two there way.

Just thinking i may swap the left and right thumbsticks till i can get my hands on a set of replacements,dry run for changing them and get a decent left thumbstick for awhile:)

suueer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Looks nice.
    Don't have an issue with my thumb sticks but my L1 and R1 buttons tend to get stuck quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I stuck on thumb grips to my ds4 stick back at launch, the ds4 is used for PC and console non stop and have worked a treat. I also found when the triggers get sticky I try tightening the screws on the controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Taltos wrote: »
    Looks nice.
    Don't have an issue with my thumb sticks but my L1 and R1 buttons tend to get stuck quite a bit.

A bit of WD40 will fix that. Certainly fixed the issue I had with them sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

TinCanMan wrote: »
    A bit of WD40 will fix that. Certainly fixed the issue I had with them sticking.

What does WD40 NOT fix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Anybody having an issue signing in to psn on mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Nope, working fine

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jaffusmax wrote: »

The Irish economy.....:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

If it moves and it shouldn't - Duct tape.

If it doesn't move and it should - WD-40.

If it falls off and it shouldn't - Cable ties.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

:pac:

Just considering my next game purchase. Was thinking about advanced warfare @ 25 sterling on amazon. Or perhaps Infamous @ €20 on psn, possibly combined with saints row 4 which is €30. Failing that I'll wait for evolve which is out next week . Any thoughts? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Have cod Aw and I really enjoy it. Best cod in a long while imo. I'd say go for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thats a good price for COD, ordered.

cloud493 wrote: »

Likewise, at £25. Still highly priced in the old bricks and mortar establishments. Can't imagine it staying at that price for too long. Get them while they're hot ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,081 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Just found out about the Sky Go app for PS4, downloaded it today and using it now.

It is brilliant. I think the framerate or something might be a bit different to live TV but it's a HD quality stream, it's rock solid with my UPC connection (no buffering), really amazing service. Don't have a TV service in my apartment so can watch Sky Sports now for example as if I have Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Just downloaded resident evil hd....amazing, considering i just re-ran RE1 on PS1 last week...the zombies run after you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Is network down for anyone? Was signed in then signed out and now can't get back in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Luke92 wrote: »
    Is network down for anyone? Was signed in then signed out and now can't get back in!

Yeh looks to be down :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Yeh looks to be down :rolleyes:

Back up now I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭wilser

Anyone know what happened to terraria for ps4 on the store?
    Could have sworn it was there a couple of weeks ago for about €18, can't find it anywhere now.

cloud493 wrote: »

Just checked today's price for the craic. Gone up to £35.10 now..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

wilser wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened to terraria for ps4 on the store?
    Could have sworn it was there a couple of weeks ago for about €18, can't find it anywhere now.

I couldn't find it the other day either but was able to find it on my phone.
    Anyway there's a link I hope it works for you.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/terraria-–-playstation4-edition/cid=EP4040-CUSA00737_00-TERRARIA00000001?scope=sceapp&smcid=sceapp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Noir horror game 'White Night' coming to PS4 on March 3rd, the game looks very interesting and has a great art style, also a possibility it will be one of the PS+ games for March.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That looks really cool, love the art style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Redo91

Just wondering if someone can clear up something about The Division for me? How is it going to work in terms of a single player campaign? It seems to be very multiplayer focused and has been described as an MMO. Will it be possible to play the whole campaign off-line? I watched this video on Gamespot and even they don't seem 100% sure what the story is.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/will-the-division-suffer-by-focusing-on-co-op/2300-6422894/

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Redo91 wrote: »
    Just wondering if someone can clear up something about The Division for me? How is it going to work in terms of a single player campaign? It seems to be very multiplayer focused and has been described as an MMO. Will it be possible to play the whole campaign off-line? I watched this video on Gamespot and even they don't seem 100% sure what the story is.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/will-the-division-suffer-by-focusing-on-co-op/2300-6422894/

Its going to have co-op options. And apparently the only other humans you'll see in world will be the other 3 (or 4?) who can squad together with you. But maybe they'll have some other pvp modes to mess about in... i got the impression from earlier info that it would have other players running around in the world while your playing, but its not like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭tigger123

Anyone else having problems with the PS network today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Redo91

Its going to have co-op options. And apparently the only other humans you'll see in world will be the other 3 (or 4?) who can squad together with you. But maybe they'll have some other pvp modes to mess about in... i got the impression from earlier info that it would have other players running around in the world while your playing, but its not like that.

So to clarify there is a single player campaign? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement