Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Redo91 wrote: »
    So to clarify there is a single player campaign? :)

Surely theres a story progression. Im just hoping its as good to play through as lone wolf as it is grouped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

NufcNavan wrote: »
    PSN down for anyone else?

Nope.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can't wait too give Apotheon a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Can't wait too give Apotheon a go.

Played around with it during lunch, really enjoyed it, it has a lovely art style and the music is very good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

tigger123 wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with the PS network today?

I've been unable to login.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I wish it was on Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

No issues for me logging in today, have gone in a few random times on PC, PS4 & PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I keep getting logged out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Was a bit flakey an hour ago, seems ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

PSN network seems fine... But im downloading a 50gb file that seems to be stopping and starting a LOT.

EA servers were brutal earlier too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I downloaded the Battlefield Hardline beta in an hour and a half so it's not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭tigger123

TinCanMan wrote: »
    I've been unable to login.

Just to follow up on this, I got a UPC Horizon box recently and had noticed difficulties on the PS4 since: lag on BF4, Pro Evo, Netflix buffering or intermittently connecting and stop-starty streaming via YouTube. I started googling on it last night and it turns out the Horizon boxes don't always react well to the PS4. Also have a PS3 connected and it was working perfectly.

I did a test on the connection over WiFi and the PS4 was connecting at about 7mbps. I then connected it to the Horizon box with an Ethernet cable, ran the test and it came back with 28mbps. It seems to have sorted it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭tigger123

lertsnim wrote: »
    I downloaded the Battlefield Hardline beta in an hour and a half so it's not too bad.

Gonna ask a stupid question... how can you download the Beta when the game isn't released yet? Is it a free test version?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just to follow up on this, I got a UPC Horizon box recently and had noticed difficulties on the PS4 since: lag on BF4, Pro Evo, Netflix buffering or intermittently connecting and stop-starty streaming via YouTube. I started googling on it last night and it turns out the Horizon boxes don't always react well to the PS4. Also have a PS3 connected and it was working perfectly.

I did a test on the connection over WiFi and the PS4 was connecting at about 7mbps. I then connected it to the Horizon box with an Ethernet cable, ran the test and it came back with 28mbps. It seems to have sorted it out.

The WiFi on the horizon box is awful, and so is the PS4 internal wifi unfortunately - at least the PS is close enough to the router to hardwire it, or you would have to buy homeplugs....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Gonna ask a stupid question... how can you download the Beta when the game isn't released yet? Is it a free test version?

Compared to betas for games already released?

Beta is up on PSN store and free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Varik wrote: »
    Compared to betas for games already released?

Beta is up on PSN store and free.

Halo Master Chief Collection says hi :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

That's what a beta is, essentially a pre release test version. The community expose potential bugs and problems in the beta which are then fixed for the actual release of the game. The beta normally lasts a week or so and is then withdrawn. Release of the full game is usually within 6 months of the beta being released. Unless the beta is totally knackered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

weiland79 wrote: »
    I keep getting logged out

Happens to me an awful lot. I'm on Vodafone Fibre. Opened all suggested ports and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

What next big release is everyone looking forward to on PS4?

For me it's evolve - aside from BF4 I haven't done much mplayer so this looks like a great game to play with the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

.ak wrote: »

For me it's evolve - aside from BF4 I haven't done much mplayer so this looks like a great game to play with the lads.
    Bloodborne, for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Dying light is very good. I'm looking forward to Project cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The community expose potential bugs and problems in the beta which are then fixed for the actual release of the game.

Awwwh, bless your innocence :pac:
    You obviously didn't play BF4...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Batesy wrote: »
    Happens to me an awful lot. I'm on Vodafone Fibre. Opened all suggested ports and all.

I am on vodafone fibre as well and I don't have any issues really. Having a few issues last couple of days in AW with games being a bit laggy at times usually around later in evening but I think that is the game. PS network test is ~40mb down and 7-8 mb up.

Anybody know where they test from for the PS4 Network test?
    If I plug same network cable into laptop and run speedtest to servers in Germany/France/eastern europe I get speeds of 70-90mb down 15-19 up depending on the server, ping times are <70ms and most of the time they are <50ms to these sites as well. Ping test to google.com <10ms

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Still debating whether to buy Evolve.

Had a lot of fun with the beta with just randomers but I feel like I'd need a group to play the game properly.

On top of that I prefer single player games so I really don't know. Many more planning on getting it here?

I'll definitely be picking up Bloodborne anyway. I'll wait on reviews for The Order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Awwwh, bless your innocence :pac:
    You obviously didn't play BF4...

I described the way a beta should work, battlefield betas are a law onto themselves. BF4 is still not right 18 months after release.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This year for me is not looking great on PS4, but that good as I have a few games to finish like Alien, AC Unity and The Evil Within. Pick up Far Cry 4 at some stage.

Only games I want to play so far are Project Cars, Batman: AK, Uncharted 4. and No Man's Sky if it come out this year. After that there is nothing that interests me so far.

Gen 8 is very slow compared to Gen 7 that hit the ground running.

This month:
    Bloodborne & The Order (although I am getting nervous, for some reason I keep thinking Thief - stay away...)

Later:
    Uncharted as well.
    Might have a look at Skyrim The Elder Scrolls Online (sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Taltos wrote: »
    Might have a look at Skyrim

Skyrim coming to PS4?? yes please.

I guess you mean The Elder Scrolls Online.

I did :(
    Sorry for dashing your hopes - let me go correct that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Taltos wrote: »
    This month:
    Bloodborne & The Order (although I am getting nervous, for some reason I keep thinking Thief - stay away...)

Later:
    Uncharted as well.
    Might have a look at Skyrim The Elder Scrolls Online (sorry)

Bloodbourne was pushed back till the end of march unfortunately.

I'm looking forward to the order, final fantasy typo 0,bloodbourne, the witcher 3, anything else I want too play has no release date yet :/.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement