Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just seen a thread on Neogaf regarding the Konami financials and how they appear to point to an April-June release for MGS5.

Usually Summers are barren months for the AAA games but this year appears to have some of the biggest games of the year in The Witcher, Batman and possibly MGS5.

Hopefully it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Also, a new Persona 5 trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just played a bit of the Hardline beta.

Wish I could get that hour of my life back. Not a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Downloaded BF Hardline Beta anyways... It was complete... I then decide to play some BF4 and am hit with lag like crap... Thanks sony for randomly downloading more of BF Hardline in the background and making it impossible for me to stop that download from taking place...

It may not be annoying to people who have faster broadband, but why does a file go to the download screen saying 8GB then randomly decides to download an extra 3GB in the background when you want to play a game online and therefore causes you to lag because someone messed up somewhere along the line... I don't see how adding this feature comes with any benefits, it's all just negatives if you ask me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Man transistor is mega. Wish I'd paid for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

^The voice is annoying the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

I might be very late to the party but hotline Miami is one of the funnest games I've played in a long time, i don't normally like independent games either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Hope the 2nd game can match the first. Love the sound track, it's worth the price of the game alone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So how is the hardline beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Can't wait for Uncharted :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

So how is the hardline beta?

Hit and miss, more miss IMO. Heist mode is awful, if I was to sum it up in three words... Die - Respawn - Die.

Hotwire isn't floating my boat either. The vehicles are terrible and make the game look cheap.

I did enjoy a few games of Conquest though. It has tempted me to go back and give BF4 another go rather than buy Hardline.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I might be very late to the party but hotline Miami is one of the funnest games I've played in a long time, i don't normally like independent games either.

The sequel is out next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Big sale on the PSN again - Alien Isolation having the biggest discount (65%)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Big sale on the PSN again - Alien Isolation having the biggest discount (65%)

It's a steal at 24.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Xenji wrote: »
    It's a steal at 24.99.

Madness at that price when it's arguably the best next gen game of the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Saw this on HUKD, 15 pounds for a physical copy of alien isolation.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/alien-isolation-ps4-14-99-base-com-2137763

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

.ak wrote: »
    Madness at that price when it's arguably the best next gen game of the last year.

Is it that good? Reviews seem a bit mediocre, but i won't go by them? Does creeping around the place not get a bit old?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hit and miss, more miss IMO. Heist mode is awful, if I was to sum it up in three words... Die - Respawn - Die.

Hotwire isn't floating my boat either. The vehicles are terrible and make the game look cheap.

I did enjoy a few games of Conquest though. It has tempted me to go back and give BF4 another go rather than buy Hardline.

Will it be multiplayer only do you know? or will there be some kind of single player campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Will it be multiplayer only do you know? or will there be some kind of single player campaign?

its suppose to have the biggest battlefield one player yet, visceral are doing the one player, dice la the multiplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/02/06/super-stardust-ultra-launching-on-ps4-february-10th/#sf7307434

Super Stardust Ultra Launching on PS4 February 10th

Hello again, everyone. Following up on my post announcing that Super Stardust Ultra was coming to PS4 (which you can read here), it gives me great pleasure to let you all know that it will be available to download next week on February 10th. I can also confirm that Super Stardust Ultra supports 3D at full 60 frames per second! We think this is something that you’ll want to show to friends and family, it really does add an extra dimension to an already unique and great looking game.

Super Stardust Ultra is packed with incredible depth and variety, from five newly designed planets and other visual enhancements, to nine different single-player game modes. Some of which are brand new, only on PS4.
    One of these modes is Blockade. As if blasting through hazardous meteor storms or fighting off enemy spacecraft wasn’t difficult enough, you now have to avoid an endless trail of deadly mines that are continually dropped from the back of your Star fighter. The twist however is that everything else on the planet is also destroyed if it makes contact with the mines, so they can be used to your advantage and timing your bombs or boost is critical to staying alive.
    If you think you have the skills, then check out Interactive Streaming which not only allows you to broadcast your gameplay but also opens up your world, allowing your viewers to decide what happens next. The vote can range from a full onslaught of chaos, to a much needed helpful care package….you have been warned.

So, the 11th for us. Awesome, I can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Xenji wrote: »
    It's a steal at 24.99.

You can get it for £16 including delivery to Ireland from here.
    http://www.base.com/buy/product/alien-isolation-nostromo-edition-ps4/dgc-alienps4.htm?awc=2694_1423237291_c2482851268b9d15f3f2594424bbfdfd

Just ordered it myself. Once you are finished you can trade it into cex for €26.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody else get really bad wifi speeds while connected to Horizon? Getting like 2-5mbps down and bout 2mbps upload, I can't even play any games online and even when I try watch the sky or YouTube apps they just keep buffering and never load?

Went onto their Router Site and tried using the DMZ Host that didn't work, tried changing Wifi channel didn't make any difference, and enable UPnP still made no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's the wifi on the Horizon box, its just pure crap. On the UPC thread there are loads of customers complaining that it's useless, the range is very poor, only about 30% of the old UPC routers.

It's the wifi on the Horizon box, its just pure crap. On the UPC thread there are loads of customers complaining that it's useless, the range is very poor, only about 30% of the old UPC routers.

It's telling me my signal strength is 90-100% but I can't seem to stay connected to it longer than 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    It's telling me my signal strength is 90-100% but I can't seem to stay connected to it longer than 10 mins

Wifi only goes as fast as the slowest thing using your wifi and really old laptops by this I mean wifi standard b/g/n. If you can get TP links this will save you the hassle.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Wifi only goes as fast as the slowest thing using your wifi and really old laptops by this I mean wifi standard b/g/n. If you can get TP links this will save you the hassle.

The only thing connected to the Wifi is 2 iPhones, a tablet & the PS4.

It ain't my wifi (the gf's) so I wouldn't bother buying anything to improve on it as I rarely bring the PS up here but I should still be able to connect to the wifi without being kicked off after 5-10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got to play Planetside 2 on PS4, even playing on US servers it worked well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Anyone else see the crazy price the The Order: 1886 is going for on pre order ?. Was looking there pretty much everywhere online and in store i be looking at 65 euros :eek:.

Stupid week pound at the moment makes buying online not really worth while on games.

So anyone have a clue where i could pick it up on the cheap yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

€50 delivered from videogamesplus.ca if you don't mind getting it week or so after release.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

CombatCow wrote: »
    €50 delivered from videogamesplus.ca if you don't mind getting it week or so after release.

Why stops me for buying from there us that cex don't take the trade ins and the fact is I would have to deal with people on adverts to sell the game after.

Thanks anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement