Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Been waiting all day for this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

For some reason I thought it'd be cross buy but I see the vita version is called something different.

For some reason stardust hasn't grabbed me the way Resogun did. I must give it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hand Of Fate is coming out on the 17th, it is a card-based roguelike that challenges players to battle through waves of randomized enemies using the cards in their deck to survive, it is also coming out on the Vita so hopefully it is cross buy, have been looking forward to it for awhile now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

NBA 2K15 down to $39.99 (€35) on the US store until the 17th. Really enjoyed 2K14, is this worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is Thief worth €10 or COD Ghosts worth €20? Both in Smyths at the minute for PS4.

I do to have decent broadband so Ghosts would be for the single player.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't think it is personally, but I truly think ghosts is an awful game. Not cos its call of duty automatically makes it bad or nothing just a truly awful shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

https://twitter.com/Housemarque/status/565601961870110720

Free Resogun content... and it's available now. Sweet :D

And the Defenders DLC is out next week. All the info is in here - Resogun-defenders-blasts-onto-playstation-4-4th-february/

I think housemarque might be one of my favourite studios. I like all of their stuff thats ended up on the playstation, can't wait for alienation.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭EvanKelly6

martyos121 wrote: »
    NBA 2K15 down to $39.99 (€35) on the US store until the 17th. Really enjoyed 2K14, is this worth getting?

No idea what it's like but you get it at gamesdealdaily for $30..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

martyos121 wrote: »

I went from 13 to 15. Its a great game, not sure what features are in 14 as I haven't played it. The mycareer is certsinky a lot improved on 13 but as I said dunno what it was like in 14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Hi thinking of buying a second hand ps3, does it matter that much how many gigs it is? Will a game play a lot smoother on a 500gig Versus say 40?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Hi thinking of buying a second hand ps3, does it matter that much how many gigs it is? Will a game play a lot smoother on a 500gig Versus say 40?

Won't make a difference really to how games play. Just bear in mind that the 40 gig is a much older model so may be more prone to breaking. That said I still have my 40 gig PS3 and its running grand.

I will say that 40 gig is way too small in this day and age though. I upgraded my 40 gig to 500 gig a few years back. If you buy the 40 you'll need to upgrade the hdd in my opinion, especially if you have PS+ and are downloading a lot of games. If you have a spare hard drive knocking around at home the cheapest option will be to buy the 40 and lash in the hard drive. Otherwise you should factor in the cost of a new hard disk.

All in all I'd say go for the 500 model. Newer and more space.

Won't make a difference really to how games play. Just bear in mind that the 40 gig is a much older model so may be more prone to breaking. That said I still have my 40 gig PS3 and its running grand.

I will say that 40 gig is way too small in this day and age though. I upgraded my 40 gig to 500 gig a few years back. If you buy the 40 you'll need to upgrade the hdd in my opinion, especially if you have PS+ and are downloading a lot of games. If you have a spare hard drive knocking around at home the cheapest option will be to buy the 40 and lash in the hard drive. Otherwise you should factor in the cost of a new hard disk.

All in all I'd say go for the 500 model. Newer and more space.

How about the 160 Or 320? Just keeping an eye on done deal for stuff that comes up near to me so can't be too choosy
    Was gonna buy a Ps4 but price is too steep, been away from gaming since ps2 so reckon a ps3 with gtav, alien isolation and last of us will keep me going for a while. What sealed this plan for me was watching comparison videos on YouTube of The last of us and alien isolation, very superficial graphical differences between ps3 and ps4. Bit of a bigger difference on GTA5 but not enough to convince me to blow an extra few hundred yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

How about the 160 Or 320? Just keeping an eye on done deal for stuff that comes up near to me so can't be too choosy
    Was gonna buy a Ps4 but price is too steep, been away from gaming since ps2 so reckon a ps3 with gtav, alien isolation and last of us will keep me going for a while. What sealed this plan for me was watching comparison videos on YouTube of The last of us and alien isolation, very superficial graphical differences between ps3 and ps4. Bit of a bigger difference on GTA5 but not enough to convince me to blow an extra few hundred yet

I've a 160gb one and while I'd like bigger, it's not too bad, especially given how I'm trying to focus on a game to completion before starting another

If you like having 20 games to choose from every time you turn on the console, go bigger, but if you focus on a handful, you'll be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Yeah I've played GTA V on the PS4 and PS3 and have to say I don't see a massive difference graphics wise so I wouldn't let that be a factor in the decision. The new gen seems to be relatively slow to get off the ground relative to previous generations.

As the poster above says, if you like having a heap of games on the HDD then go for a bigger model, I'd say minimum 320 gig. If you don't mind downloading and re installing things as you play them then 160 should be fine. If you live in an area with decent broadband then the 160 is more appealing as the downloads should be quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

You can get a pre-owned 320Gb Slim PS3 for £89.99 delivered to parcel motel from Game.co.uk Here

Actually check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals, theres loads of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

PSN down for anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

J. Marston wrote: »
    PSN down for anyone?
    Yeah, was just gonna ask. Getting real sick and tired of this now tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Checked on Twitter, maintenance for the next few hours apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

... Just when i get FIFA back :pac:

• Advertisement

For anyone with/effected by it, you can now upgrade a "Sub" account to a "Master", details here: http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/251

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

next up changing names

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHUHEI

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Damien360

CombatCow wrote: »
    For anyone with/effected by it, you can now upgrade a "Sub" account to a "Master", details here: http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/251

Will my psn downloads still work for the sub account that has been upgraded to full ? EA games are blocking the sub account for my young fella based on his age. If I upgrade does he need to buy ps+ despite playing on my ps4 with my account as master in the background ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭Evade

Varik wrote: »
    next up changing names
    Hopefully. When I created my account I didn't capitalise the first letter of my PSN ID and it annoys me every time I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Damien360 wrote: »
    Will my psn downloads still work for the sub account that has been upgraded to full ? EA games are blocking the sub account for my young fella based on his age. If I upgrade does he need to buy ps+ despite playing on my ps4 with my account as master in the background ?

This is what I'm wondering, I had planned on setting up our lads with a new master account saying they were 18 as they can't play Destiny on their own account, or any online stuff, its a pain...

Now if I can upgrade their account that would be good as they kinda like the PSN tags they chose....

CombatCow wrote: »
    You can get a pre-owned 320Gb Slim PS3 for £89.99 delivered to parcel motel from Game.co.uk Here

Actually check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals, theres loads of options.
    Cheers, a 250 gig slim ps3 with fifa15,pes15, gtav and a bunch other games popped up on done deal and near me today for 160euro so taking the plunge, he's selling due to upgrading, bargain.
    Wheres the best place for me to pick up last of us and alien isolation cheap- don't mind if second hand
    This will keep me going for quite some time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Damien360

Fieldog wrote: »
    This is what I'm wondering, I had planned on setting up our lads with a new master account saying they were 18 as they can't play Destiny on their own account, or any online stuff, its a pain...

Now if I can upgrade their account that would be good as they kinda like the PSN tags they chose....

I read both of combatcow's links and a bit more on psn. It appears they keep the content they can access now but any new content is for the master account only. They would need a new PSN sub. I might leave this for a month or two and see how it pans out. You can have 2 psn accounts on one ps4 but I don't think they share each other's content. Open to correction but that is how I read it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭EvanKelly6

Looking for a headset to use with my PS4. Seen the Sony Gold wireless ones are €85 in Smyths. I've never been one for using headsets so don't want anything expensive. Should I get these or any better cheaper alternatives?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement