Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Damien360 wrote: »
    I read both of combatcow's links and a bit more on psn. It appears they keep the content they can access now but any new content is for the master account only. They would need a new PSN sub. I might leave this for a month or two and see how it pans out. You can have 2 psn accounts on one ps4 but I don't think they share each other's content. Open to correction but that is how I read it.

I think they can share content on it, once the account is connected as a Primary PS4, unless, as your saying it, only 2 accounts can be primary?

I think my PS4 may have 4 primary account's on it, mine, herself, my cousin's and my US account, and I can play the US stuff and any EU content on all accounts....

I don't use the cousin's one mind you, it just lies dormant on the HD for when he is around....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

EvanKelly6 wrote: »
    Looking for a headset to use with my PS4. Seen the Sony Gold wireless ones are €85 in Smyths. I've never been one for using headsets so don't want anything expensive. Should I get these or any better cheaper alternatives?

You could take a punt on these . They are the best bang for buck around for the PS4 at the moment.

http://www.adverts.ie/accessories/turtle-beach-earforce-px4/6451559

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They were cheaper than the Sony Gold headset on Amazon before christmas, I'd shop around and would not pay over €100 for PX4s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Wow..
    Project cars vs real life,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP4c2qjc1oQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Cheers, a 250 gig slim ps3 with fifa15,pes15, gtav and a bunch other games popped up on done deal and near me today for 160euro so taking the plunge, he's selling due to upgrading, bargain.
    Wheres the best place for me to pick up last of us and alien isolation cheap- don't mind if second hand
    This will keep me going for quite some time

Nice one. I'd recommend adverts. There's a plethora of cheap ps3 games up on there. Lots of people sell in bundles that usually average less than 10 euro a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

War declared! Helldivers do battle on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita next month
    Arrowhead Game Studios in conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today signed the Declaration of War between Super Earth and the intergalactic alien threats.

We are now preparing for war.

With immediate effect from 4th March, 2015, Helldivers are to be dispatched to the front lines of PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems.

March 4th eh? Must be a PS+ game then.

I played it at EGX and really liked it. Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Nice, cannot freeking wait for HellDivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is Thief worth €10 or COD Ghosts worth €20? Both in Smyths at the minute for PS4.

I do to have decent broadband so Ghosts would be for the single player.

Is Thief still 10euro? Might pop into Smyths Monday and pick it up if it is, can't see it on the website though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Otacon wrote: »
    War declared! Helldivers do battle on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita next month

March 4th eh? Must be a PS+ game then.

I played it at EGX and really liked it. Looking forward to this.

White Night is out on the same day, they both could be the March PS4 games.

Guilty Gear Xrd is on the US PSN for €17 due to a flash sale, it is the best fighting game currently on the PS4 ( not much competition ) and does not have a EU release date yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

What's peoples feelings then about The Order? Does it look ready for market?

I've been planning to pick this up for a few months when it releases. Just need to finish wolfenstein first. Here's hoping its not a buggy mess.

irishmover wrote: »
    What's peoples feelings then about The Order? Does it look ready for market?

I've been planning to pick this up for a few months when it releases. Just need to finish wolfenstein first. Here's hoping its not a buggy mess.

It still has my interest, but it will not be a day one purchase with 4 better games coming out in March and rumours of it being very cut scene heavy and a game length of under 10 hours has made me cautious, I feel the game will wind up being very average.

Xenji wrote: »
    It still has my interest, but it will not be a day one purchase with 4 better games coming out in March and rumours of it being very cut scene heavy and a game length of under 10 hours has made me cautious, I feel the game will wind up being very average.

What 4 games in March? Only one of real interest for me in March is Bloodborne. Maybe Project Cars.

irishmover wrote: »
    What 4 games in March? Only one of real interest for me in March is Bloodborne. Maybe Project Cars.

For me anyway Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, MLB The Show 15 and Toukiden Kiwami.

For me anyway Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, MLB The Show 15 and Toukiden Kiwami.

That's fair enough. I've got MLB 14. Great game but typically never worth upgrading each year. Just like any sports game.

Not really that interested in Final Fantasy myself. Played 4 of them and that's enough for me. Haven't seen much about Toukiden Kiwami.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

I have set up parental controls on the ps4 to level 7as the kids in the house where playing 16/18 rated games, all the games that are suited to children are still unlocked except for plants versus zombies which is rated 7 on the disc version (my version is downloaded from the store).
    Is there a way to unlock this game only but still have 16 rated games locked?
    Are the disc versions and the store versions different?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is Thief still 10euro? Might pop into Smyths Monday and pick it up if it is, can't see it on the website though :confused:

Offers at the minute are in store only and while stock lasts. I was back in Navan store today and it was now sold out but got a Vita for €50 which I was happy about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I got that Lara Croft: Temple of Osiris game in the flash sale on the US PSN. I like it a lot! As good as, if not better than, the first game that released last gen. Full game plus season pass came to $11.60.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭EvanKelly6

Offers at the minute are in store only and while stock lasts. I was back in Navan store today and it was now sold out but got a Vita for €50 which I was happy about.

A vita for only 50?!?!

EvanKelly6 wrote: »
    A vita for only 50?!?!

Hadn't the original charger but they gave me a universal one. Had a 4 gig memory card that usually wouldn't come with it though.

• Advertisement

Hadn't the original charger but they gave me a universal one. Had a 4 gig memory card that usually wouldn't come with it though.

They only cost about a tenner, you will need to get a larger one asap, 4 gig is as good as useless.

They only cost about a tenner, you will need to get a larger one asap, 4 gig is as good as useless.

How much will a larger one set me back?

How much will a larger one set me back?

Your best to use VGP or Play-Asia, a 16 gig one will set you back around 28 Euro and the biggest 64 gig will set you back around 78 Euro, the middle ground is the 32 gig card which would be about 50 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone here play the jackbox party game thats on the us flash sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

DeSelby83 wrote:

downloaded the demo and will decide tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone see any ps4 deals lately I wanna pick one up but need it to be good value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Anyone see any ps4 deals lately I wanna pick one up but need it to be good value

I'm looking around too, best I could find was PS4 and Evolve for €400 in argos.

Anyone know if the white PS4 is a limited edition, for the most part it seems advertised as that but there's no shortage of them, I'm very tempted but if it's gonna be around for the long haul I can wait. I just much prefer the white over the black and it would look good against my black xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Best method for 1st Day delivery for a new PS4 game?
    Amazon/play/etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

DeSelby83 wrote: »

messed about on the demo and liked it so for €9/$10 I said feck it.
    Works well with the smartphone controls and looking forward to trying it with some company now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

rizzla wrote: »
    I'm looking around too, best I could find was PS4 and Evolve for €400 in argos.

Anyone know if the white PS4 is a limited edition, for the most part it seems advertised as that but there's no shortage of them, I'm very tempted but if it's gonna be around for the long haul I can wait. I just much prefer the white over the black and it would look good against my black xbox one.

No it's not a "limited edition" colour.
    KingJamsie wrote: »
    Best method for 1st Day delivery for a new PS4 game?
    Amazon/play/etc..

Free First Class postage to Parcel Motel on game pre-orders from Amazon, fastest way of getting the game before/on or as close as to launch day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement