Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just had a look through the flash sale on the U.S. PSN store and I have to say I'm tempted by Guilty Gear down to $24. The funny thing is I'm not even a fighter-enthusiast but I'm looking to start playing games more out of my comfort zone. Does anyone have an idea what the learning curve is like and whether it's worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Anyone see any ps4 deals lately I wanna pick one up but need it to be good value

PS4 with lego movie and minecraft for €399 in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just had a look through the flash sale on the U.S. PSN store and I have to say I'm tempted by Guilty Gear down to $24. The funny thing is I'm not even a fighter-enthusiast but I'm looking to start playing games more out of my comfort zone. Does anyone have an idea what the learning curve is like and whether it's worth getting?

It is quite high, but it is a great game and has very good visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Apparently firmware 2.04 is now available to download. However, according to this thread on NeoGAF, a lot of people are having issues with it so I would hold off for now.

I can't find any patch notes either so not sure what it is adding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Otacon wrote: »
    I can't find any patch notes either so not sure what it is adding.

Some are speculating that's it's a last minute firmware hotfix for The Order 1886. It seems to be a rushed update that adds nothing really that can be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

If it's rushed, that's even more reason to hold off for a little while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I updated with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Great, looks like Lizard Squad are back in action, they took down Xbox Live for a while today, I guess it's only a matter of time before they target PSN again :/

Link

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bastards :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thank god I only really play anything online on PC.

But if they do it while Bloodbourne is released so helop me god...!

• Advertisement

For anyone who likes rogue like games, Hand Of Fate is out tomorrow only on PSN, it is out already on the US PSN for €17 Euro, not sure how much it will be on the EU PSN tomorrow, had it on Steam Early Access and it is a great game that deserves support, it is also cross buy with the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Damien360

Is psn down ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Updated the firmware on mine and my cousins ps4 with no issues. No noticeable changes however

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Updated the firmware on mine and my cousins ps4 with no issues. No noticeable changes however

Its was just stability update.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭outdoors247

Brilliant game way better than cod

Brilliant game way better than cod

You in the right thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Do many people have issues with nat after a few mins in party chat.

Trying to get it sorted but nothing seems to fix it from reading online.

Iv got upnp enabled and it shows iv nat type 2.

Any recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Resogun DLC is out now. Protector is the highlight for me, commando is a bit of a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Any recommendations?

Had it in party chat with a few people from time to time and some guys can't communicate with others. Usually if they back out and rejoin it's ok. Sometimes we've had to start a new party. This always fixes it but it is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Any recommendations?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Had it in party chat with a few people from time to time and some guys can't communicate with others. Usually if they back out and rejoin it's ok. Sometimes we've had to start a new party. This always fixes it but it is annoying.

Yeah, maybe it's other people on nat 3 that can't communicate with you/others in the party.

• Advertisement

So who's getting the order :)?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So who's getting the order :)?

Was thinking about it but then saw some you tube video that's put me off. Looks great but lots of QTEs, mediocre gameplay and insta death stealth sections. It was only a beta gameplay but think I'll wait for reviews.

Was also loooking at Bloodbourne and Dying Light but the more I see of them I can't shake the feeling I'd actually rather replay Wolfeinstein or TLOU.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm waiting for the mediocre reviews to pour in after lunch and the fanboy outrage to follow. I'll be getting popcorn for the fallout as well.

Dying Light in the only game getting my cash on launch. The Order is for a bargin bin pickup for me during the late summer drought same with Far Cry 4.

That and I'll be having too much fun going through Borderlands 2 again on the PS4 when it's out. Great co-op games to be had.
    Bought Dragon Age as a present to myself for Christmas and have yet to start it. Need to book a week off work and put some dent into these I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

gimli2112 wrote: »

Yh its annoying alright, i can hear the same people in ganme chat aswell like.

I also never had this problem on the the 360 or xbox 1

Dying Light in the only game getting my cash on launch. The Order is for a bargin bin pickup for me during the late summer drought same with Far Cry 4.

That and I'll be having too much fun going through Borderlands 2 again on the PS4 when it's out. Great co-op games to be had.
    Bought Dragon Age as a present to myself for Christmas and have yet to start it. Need to book a week off work and put some dent into these I think.

Hmmm I forgot dying light was out next week,I'd nearly go for that instead.

Hmmm I forgot dying light was out next week,I'd nearly go for that instead.

It's had a few patches already so for for trophies not popping and glitching but it still looks solid. The co-op and drop in invasions/greifing look good too.

As predicted internet reviewers around the world are letting out a collective 'meh' towards the Order. 3/5 from Jeremy Parish on USGamer and Eurogamer summed it up with this:
    The Order: 1886 isn't a disaster, nor is it a particularly good game. It's a hollow diversion, entertaining but outmoded and caught somewhere between a medium it repeatedly fumbles and one it fails to effectively embrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

You know what i miss, playing a game and judging it yourself, instead of hanging on to the word of some reviewer, of all the good the internet done its killed a lot of the buzz getting new games, i remember as a kid getting a game just by looking at the cover, not by youtube or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You know what i miss, playing a game and judging it yourself, instead of hanging on to the word of some reviewer, of all the good the internet done its killed a lot of the buzz getting new games, i remember as a kid getting a game just by looking at the cover, not by youtube or anything.

Gawd - I remember coming back from Dublin on the train with Dungeon Master. Reading the manual a few times and having some "strange" person ask me if the manual was some form of religious text...

Sometimes not knowing is great, but I have also been caught with some really bad numpties of games so on balance I prefer some guidance, I can choose to ignore it or not as I have in this case. But sometimes it is good to know the really bad points. As to marketing, it was a few Assassin Creed games ago I last fell for that tripe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement