Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Xenji wrote: »
    The game is broken across all formats at the moment, have you patched the game yet, also do you have the free digital version or the retail version.

Pretty sure the patch was installed along with it.. I just downloaded the free copy I think you can still play using the free copy though?.. Just need to pay extra for characters or something

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

sugarman wrote: »
    Sent you a PM.

Fair play, fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Pretty sure the patch was installed along with it.. I just downloaded the free copy I think you can still play using the free copy though?.. Just need to pay extra for characters or something

Core Fighters is basically a demo, you get around 4 fighters and have to pay for everything else, which would end up costing you far more than getting the real game, I picked it up for €23 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Just got platinum on the order, great Game but really short:-( glad im rented it from xtravision for 10€ hehe

Xenji wrote: »
    Core Fighters is basically a demo, you get around 4 fighters and have to pay for everything else, which would end up costing you far more than getting the real game, I picked it up for €23 on Amazon.

Just wanted to try it out anyways, not particulary looking to purchase it to be honest, depends on how it is I suppose..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Little big planet 3 any good lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭b34mer23

Just picked up console/The Order/Last of Us for €349 in Argos, unbelievable deal, going until the 6th of March.

Any advice for new PS4 user? Recommendable accessories etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Was The Vanishing of Ethan Carter ever given a release date on the PS4?

I'm playing it on the PC at the minute. Absolutely stunning, one of the very best looking games i've seen. However, the autosave is ridiculous, and there is no way to manually save.

I played for roughly an hour yesterday, and it never autosaved, went straight back to the start! Hopefully these issues are ironed out on the PS4 release

Little big planet 3 any good lads?

Just picked it up the other day for 30euro on G2A have played a bit of it seems like your typical Little Big Planet with added features.. I'm sure I will enjoy it for a while and hope to try out co op with mate tonight.. I have always had connection issues with LBP titles in general though.. If you liked the previous 2 titles I'm sure you will enjoy this one..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I'm enjoying Far Cry 4 a lot more than I thought I would. Don't know if it's still cheap on the U.S. PSN but I highly recommend it. I don't usually enjoy open world games but this has really grabbed me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I got the platinum trophy in The Order over the weekend. I enjoyed the story, characters and setting quite a bit and the gunplay in the game is actually fun too. There isn't a huge selection but what's there is diverse and the weapons have heft to them. Unfortunately, some of the quick time events can cause instant death and there are entire chapters that are just cutscenes.

They nailed the engine. Hopefully a sequel will address the imbalance in the game-play. I wrote a review here, for those interested.

Otacon wrote: »
    I got the platinum trophy in The Order over the weekend. I enjoyed the story, characters and setting quite a bit and the gunplay in the game is actually fun too. There isn't a huge selection but what's there is diverse and the weapons have heft to them. Unfortunately, some of the quick time events can cause instant death and there are entire chapters that are just cutscenes.

They nailed the engine. Hopefully a sequel will address the imbalance in the game-play. I wrote a review here, for those interested.
    Is it a game to keep like the last of us or play and trade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Just rent it. An easy 100% completion and no replay value. Really enjoyed it myself too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Just rent it. An easy 100% completion and no replay value. Really enjoyed it myself too.

What he* said

* I assume 'he' with the Graham bit of the username.

Although, if they had added a Horde mode or something similar, I could have seen myself playing that for weeks.

Pretty big news if it is not a mistake, but Shaun Himmerick (executive producer on MKX) stated on twitter that the subscription services are not needed for any feature of MKX including online play, so you will not need a PS+ account to play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That's not good, they may mean aload of micro transactions built into the game. It will be like that new Dead or Alive 5 game that came out with nothing in it and ton of DLC to buy for it.

That's not good, they may mean aload of micro transactions built into the game. It will be like that new Dead or Alive 5 game that came out with nothing in it and ton of DLC to buy for it.

The new DOA game and Core Fighters are two different things, Core Fighters is just a demo where you can buy more characters and modes, whereas the retail version has everything.

With MK 10 they have confirmed there will be no microtransactions or a demo, just character DLC like the last MK, so it will be the full game.

Axiom Verge is coming out on the 31st of March for €17.99, it will be cross buy with the Vita, but the Vita version is not ready yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Is it a game to play and trade like the last of us?

FYP ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

cadete wrote: »
    FYP ;)

The multiplayer on the last of us is outstanding, so I wouldn't agree with this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

How could you possibly trade in the last of us? :o I own two copies, one on PS3, on PS4, never get rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I've signed up for the PS2 beta like 6-7 times already still no code :-(

The ps4 colours in comparison to xbox one are class games just pop off the screen...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

The ps4 colours in comparison to xbox one are class games just pop off the screen...

I haven't noticed this, are you comparing a multi platform game or 2 separate first party games?

Multi-plat games do generally run better on the PS4 though. I just love the form factor of the console, no nasty power brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

New major firmware update is not too far way according to SCEA on Twitter. No mention of what features will be added in this new version.

Played Planetside 2 for a couple of hours last night. Loved it. Reminds me of MAG which is all I hoped for.

rizzla wrote: »
    I haven't noticed this, are you comparing a multi platform game or 2 separate first party games?

Multi-plat games do generally run better on the PS4 though. I just love the form factor of the console, no nasty power brick.

I'm comparing both really. I have bf4 on both and then the exclusive games I bought the ps4 for.

The order might be a play through once but my god its a gorgeous game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Grayditch wrote: »
    Played Planetside 2 for a couple of hours last night. Loved it. Reminds me of MAG which is all I hoped for.

MAG... Now there's a game that brings back good memories. That's also the first game I played with boardsies afaik

It was class. Teamwork and communication all the way. Planetside 2 has that feel, but with vehicles and... It's in space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Planetside Characters are being wiped but everything will cost only 1 cert which is nothing.
    aaronh007 wrote: »
    MAG... Now there's a game that brings back good memories. That's also the first game I played with boardsies afaik

I think it was the same for me, the old ps3 boards nights.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement