Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

srumball wrote: »
    Outlast is going to be so so good

I'm gonna have to man up for that one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

srumball wrote: »
    Outlast is going to be so so good

Saw some gameplay on Youtube over the weekend and just thought "No"
    It looks really good but "No"

I know I'm going to download it but wish I could convince myself not to.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Saw some gameplay on Youtube over the weekend and just thought "No"
    It looks really good but "No"

I know I'm going to download it but wish I could convince myself not to.

I'd be all over it if I had a ps4, but I understand where you're coming from :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

RUMOUR: PS1/PS2 Games Coming to PS4 via Emulation, not PS Now
    A well-placed source working with Sony's streaming service reveals that only PlayStation 3 titles are currently scheduled to use the "gameplay over IP" cloud service. PS1 and PS2 titles are set to follow the more conventional route of running locally under emulation on Sony's latest console - but with the possibility of HD visual enhancements.

While Sony effectively phased out hardware emulation of previous platforms during the early stages of the PS3 era, it has worked consistently on opening up the PlayStation back catalogue to publishers via software emulation and PSN downloads. Internally, PlayStation 3's firmware contains emulators for PS1, PS2 and even the handheld PSP, while Vita is capable of running PS1 and Vita titles virtually flawlessly using the same technology. In short, there's a proven codebase that can only get better for the vastly more powerful PS4.

Our information suggests that the same internal emulator strategy is planned for PlayStation 4, and we understand that Sony is actively pursuing the ability for older titles to run without the blurry upscaling seen on PS3, suggesting that native HD resolutions are being targeted. Assuming this intention carries through to final code, we'll be seeing an effect similar to the resolution scaling seen on unofficial PC emulation of Sony's consoles, as well as a great many of the "HD remasters" we saw on PS3 - where original assets were rendered at a higher resolution, often without any actual remastering at all.

At least this way, titles we already own should be tied to our account and available to re-download.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

Its 10 years since need for speed underground as you can see with is coming out people dont wont a game like that as customising cars is so pimp my ride at this stage

You mustn't be in touch with the NFS fan base. Besides the realism of graphics and physics in racing games, customization is the most sought after aspect in a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is there any way of signing in as invisible or anything like that on psn? Or is it either your signed in ir your not?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Elder Scrolls Online will not require a PS Plus subscription according to Eurogamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Still requires a normal sub ($15 p.m), the only way I'll be paying another sub is maybe for the new cheaper SOE sub which covers all their games (planetside, everquest,....).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Anyone have a link to the PS4 browser store?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Newaglish wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the PS4 browser store?

It's the same store as the PS3/PSP/PS Vita, but here https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I can't think of any PS2/PS1 I haven't already purchased in various PSN/HD collection purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I changed my privacy setting so my name doesn't show up just my gamer tag. The thing is I can still see my name on my profile, does that mean other people can see it or is it just me?

I changed my privacy setting so my name doesn't show up just my gamer tag. The thing is I can still see my name on my profile, does that mean other people can see it or is it just me?

Only people you accept name requests from can see your real name on PSN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Two months today since the PS4 launch in Europe.....and still no new firmware. I doubt we'll see anything until Feb. 22nd now.......

jenjenten wrote: »
    Two months today since the PS4 launch in Europe.....and still no new firmware. I doubt we'll see anything until Feb. 22nd now.......

There have been two firmware releases since launch (1.51 and 1.52, not including 1.50 - the launch-day patch).

Listening to the Beyond podcast, Greg Miller suggested that there will be another PS4 firmware released before the Japanese launch also.

Patience, young padawan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

jenjenten wrote: »

Welcome to new console launches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Only in the states is it not?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I thought as much.

Gb493Or.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

cloud493 wrote: »
    Gb493Or.jpg

why does it leave eu til 2015 considering its their best market

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    why does it leave eu til 2015 considering its their best market

Difference in internet speeds, various other reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

cloud493 wrote: »
    Gb493Or.jpg

can someone explain the benefits of this service for a clueless eejit like myself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

You will be able to stream games from a giant PlayStation that is the size of a two bedroom house and play them on your little PlayStation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NT7

Not sure if this relates to the topic on this thread but I'm not going through 64 pages to find out I'm just wondering does anyone know if Sony will allow you to play your burned DVD-R/DVD-RW on the PS4 in the near future I was really disappointed when I found out it couldn't and I actually found it very hard to believe considering how excellently my PS3 ran the exact same type of discs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

NT7 wrote: »
    Not sure if this relates to the topic on this thread but I'm not going through 64 pages to find out I'm just wondering does anyone know if Sony will allow you to play your burned DVD-R/DVD-RW on the PS4 in the near future I was really disappointed when I found out it couldn't and I actually found it very hard to believe considering how excellently my PS3 ran the exact same type of discs!

I thought it was the Xbox that didn't support those disks and that the PS4 did.

3rdDegree wrote: »
    I thought it was the Xbox that didn't support those disks and that the PS4 did.

Well every time I put one of these discs into the ps4 it says error can't read that disc it plays proper DVDs fine so I know it can read them I just find it really annoying sony decided to take out this feature

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

NT7 wrote: »

Hopefully in the next firmware update

• Advertisement

Hopefully in the next firmware update

Any idea when that will be released?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement