Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Varik wrote: »
    Planetside Characters are being wiped but everything will cost only 1 cert which is nothing.

I think it was the same for me, the old ps3 boards nights.

Wish I had of played MAG, I went through a gaming slump about that time and thought work was more important lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

aaronh007 wrote: »
    MAG... Now there's a game that brings back good memories. That's also the first game I played with boardsies afaik

Ohh how I miss that game :( .. Mind you it was alot of running and dieing but when you got to the right zones to protect it was all about dodging nades :P ..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There's an option to teleport to the action, if you get lost or stranded. Also there's vehicles in this. I think PS2 will be my main game for a good while, when it finally comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Before any new planetside players asks the correct answer is New Conglomerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Planetside 2???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

How long is beta running for?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    How long is beta running for?

US only for now , lag is fine but servers only open for a limited US appropriate times.

EU beta not announced yet but the beta will likely continue until release.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yes it's open from 11pm til about 5am each night, our time which isn't ideal.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yes it's open from 11pm til about 5am each night, our time which isn't ideal.

Stays open on weekends so 11pm Friday to 5am Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Anyone hear the story about the 11 year old who had his Destiny characters deleted by a troll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Yup - watched it, he streamed it. Poor git.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Didn't watch it yet but just heard about it. Is it on twitch to watch or YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Really looking forward to Hunger and it is from the same people that brought you Tearaway, the visuals look fantastic and it has a Limbo vibe to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Tearaway, wasn't that Media Molecule?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I believed they "Tarsier" worked with them and are doing the Tearaway PS4 version at least..

^ The art style in that game looks fantastic, reminds me a little bit of The Tomorrow Children.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Have to say i majorly regret opening up my diablo 3 game to the public. Did not know there was a load of modded gear in the game,was doing normal rifts with 2 randoms which was fine. Was on torment 2 so was tough enough but was enjoyable. Third player joins and starts a grift when we finished the normal rift. We all jump in,5 seconds later i was on shotted and my game froze. So i quit,restarted the game. When i rejoined the session there was a load of gear on the floor,including crazy lvl ancient gems, legendaries and set pieces that were obviously hacked. 3 socket weapons,armor with crazy buffs etc. The hacker dropped his gear for us to look at so i took a bow,ring,and gem and left the game. Sufficed to say hes not getting them back,im going to just leave them somewhere in game and let them be destroyed. I had also gone from lvl 79 paragon to 240 paragon in the one rift,i think the game froze because i went up so many levels in one rift!!

To me its tainted the game a bit,i grinded to get to paragon 79 and was really enjoying the game,but bar a full save wipe there is no way to get rid of the cheated paragon level.

Just wanted to post this in case anyone has the game and is unaware of the modded/cheated gear. You see someone with paragon over 1000 you can nearly guarntee there cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hotline Miami 2 is coming out on the 10th March.

March is looking like a great month for me. Now looking at picking up Bloodborne, Hotline Miami 2 and OlliOlli2 (maybe Axiom Verge) all for ps4.

That said I'll probably play all the latter games on my Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just wanted to post this in case anyone has the game and is unaware of the modded/cheated gear. You see someone with paragon over 1000 you can nearly guarntee there cheating.

What is the point of them even playing the game at all without the reward of earning your gear. I see hackers all the time on PC, I or anyone with a bit of curiosity could hack a game but its just not fun. Im crap at COD AW on pc but I have fun, on BF4 I can kick ass and hold my own but that gets boring if my team has hackers on it!
    I have come to the conclusion hackers just lack self esteem and need to get attention by any means necessary, be it coming top of leader-boards or having ridiculous levels got by hacking!
    The sooner technology can sniff them out and ban them the better!

Anyone playing war thunder, I did a lot at launch but not recently.

If anyone is interested give me a shout.

Have to say i majorly regret opening up my diablo 3 game to the public. Did not know there was a load of modded gear in the game,was doing normal rifts with 2 randoms which was fine. Was on torment 2 so was tough enough but was enjoyable. Third player joins and starts a grift when we finished the normal rift. We all jump in,5 seconds later i was on shotted and my game froze. So i quit,restarted the game. When i rejoined the session there was a load of gear on the floor,including crazy lvl ancient gems, legendaries and set pieces that were obviously hacked. 3 socket weapons,armor with crazy buffs etc. The hacker dropped his gear for us to look at so i took a bow,ring,and gem and left the game. Sufficed to say hes not getting them back,im going to just leave them somewhere in game and let them be destroyed. I had also gone from lvl 79 paragon to 240 paragon in the one rift,i think the game froze because i went up so many levels in one rift!!

To me its tainted the game a bit,i grinded to get to paragon 79 and was really enjoying the game,but bar a full save wipe there is no way to get rid of the cheated paragon level.

All the molded gear is from the ps3, people transfered to PS4 and then likely cloned it.

Haven't played since the last update but be interested in playing More.

Blizzard forums have list people looking for legit players, haven't played in a while but be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Xenji wrote: »
    Really looking forward to Hunger and it is from the same people that brought you Tearaway, the visuals look fantastic and it has a Limbo vibe to it.

Limbo is actually out today on the PS4. Anyone know if its a cross buy title?
    Also wondering if Thomas was Alone worth the €4 price :o

• Advertisement

jaffusmax wrote: »
    What is the point of them even playing the game at all without the reward of earning your gear. I see hackers all the time on PC, I or anyone with a bit of curiosity could hack a game but its just not fun. Im crap at COD AW on pc but I have fun, on BF4 I can kick ass and hold my own but that gets boring if my team has hackers on it!
    I have come to the conclusion hackers just lack self esteem and need to get attention by any means necessary, be it coming top of leader-boards or having ridiculous levels got by hacking!
    The sooner technology can sniff them out and ban them the better!

I really dont get it either,makes the game redundant:( If they could even be segregated somehow,stat check on weapons in matchmaking or something. Hackers play with hackers and legit player with legit players. Never played diablo 2 but i think blizzard had such a system implemented,a closed always online mode and an offline open mode. Meaning most modded/hacking occured in the open enviroment and legit players could mostly be undisturbed in the closed mode.
    Varik wrote: »
    All the modded gear is from the ps3, people transfered to PS4 and then likely cloned it.

Haven't played since the last update but be interested in playing More.

Blizzard forums have list people looking for legit players, haven't played in a while but be interested.

Was only after a bit of googling i knew this was the case. Tbh,when it first happened,in my naiveity i thought it was just a high level player comimg in to boost lower level toons. Thought fair play to him. Only when i googled one of the items he dropped did i realise he was using hacked gear. Before this i didnt even know it was possible.

As regards legit players,that was only the second night i opened game to public. First night i didnt encounter any of this,was only the second night i came across someone with gear like this. So in future if i continue ill just leave the lobby if someone like this comes in

At this point im unsure what ill do,i may just wipe my saves and start again or i may just give up on the game. Would feel to cheap just plowing on with the cheated levels

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I rarely play public anymore. Actually am stuck playing Shadow of Mordor but will get back to it...

Just did 2 high level grifts solo,went from 236 paragon to 526 in the two rifts with that gear!!

Im going to wipe my save and start again,by by lvl 70 Wizard and DH:(

Varik and Taltos if you guys wanna add me on psn my GT is: eoinhef.

Me and a friend had been playing up to this point before this mess and im going to start again,usually both of us would be on 2-3 nights a week.

Once i figure out how to reset the save ill be back on,as annoyed as i am im not going to let this crap ruin the game for me,up to this i had been enjoying it immensely.

Just did 2 high level grifts solo,went from 236 paragon to 526 in the two rifts with that gear!!

Im going to wipe my save and start again,by by lvl 70 Wizard and DH:(

Varik and Taltos if you guys wanna add me on psn my GT is: eoinhef.

Me and a friend had been playing up to this point before this mess and im going to start again,usually both of us would be on 2-3 nights a week.

Once i figure out how to reset the save ill be back on,as annoyed as i am im not going to let this crap ruin the game for me,up to this i had been enjoying it immensely.

Mail any of your good items to a second account (your own second account pref), and after you restart send them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lads i am looking for information on what playstation exclusive games are best on ps4

I have
    The last of us
    The order
    Little big planet 3
    and infamous second son

What am I missing out on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Drive Club for €25 on PSN is very good for the price.
    Also try out the P.T demo if you haven't already.

If you can find it cheap, Killzone SF is worth playing imo. Still one of the best looking games on the console. There are a few bad level designs but later patches have improved game pacing on some level with how the enemies spawn in and react. Parts of some levels now play out differently than when it launched.

I enjoyed it and I don't think it deserves the stick it gets. Wolfenstein last year really showed it up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Question on Wolfenstein! How many hours gameplay are in it?

Anyone got any tips on Rogue Legacy, am I supposed to die every 2 mins?...

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Anyone got any tips on Rogue Legacy, am I supposed to die every 2 mins?...

Yes.

• Advertisement

Been playing it a lot today hoping to finally actually get far in it and failing every time :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement