Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What about the arcade games lads what's brilliant and what's pants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

jenno86 wrote: »
    Question on Wolfenstein! How many hours gameplay are in it?

12 odd maybe? Decent length.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

What about the arcade games lads what's brilliant and what's pants

Pure Pool is fairly addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Been playing it a lot today hoping to finally actually get far in it and failing every time :(

Yeah I eventually decided thats the way the game is meant to be played. Gradually doing better with each life. Earning more gold, getting upgrades, progressing further.

However, even still, after a lot of upgrading the difficulty really ramps up when you move outside the castle area.

Still not 100% sure I'm playing it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭Evade

I'm on new game ++ on Rogue Legacy and stuck on the remix bosses. I spent about 70 lives grinding for gold and equipment before tackling the castle boss and the forest area. Barbarians are handy for grinding because of their health bonus.

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote: »
    Pure Pool is fairly addictive.

Have that on xbox one great game

Was thinking of buying resogun and trine collection

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Yeah I eventually decided thats the way the game is meant to be played. Gradually doing better with each life. Earning more gold, getting upgrades, progressing further.

However, even still, after a lot of upgrading the difficulty really ramps up when you move outside the castle area.

Still not 100% sure I'm playing it right.
    It kind of reminds me of Risk of Rain accept it's 10 times harder.. Risk of Rain is an amazing game after a while when you get to know how to play..

For some reason the ghost or whatever always takes all my money and I don't know why so lots of the times I'm stuck and can't upgrade... Also the architect is so weird I don't even understand what taking a 40% drop in coins would be easier, it all seems too hard to me..

I think I am like level 23 or something can't stop playing for some reason.. Usually play it for a while after a mission of killzone or LBP..

That pt demo is horrific ****ing boxers were brown from playing it late last night

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

jenno86 wrote:
    Question on Wolfenstein! How many hours gameplay are in it?

depending on difficulty and exploration I'd say 15-20 hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭Evade

For some reason the ghost or whatever always takes all my money and I don't know why so lots of the times I'm stuck and can't upgrade...
    Well his name is Charon. It's a toll for getting back into the castle, there's an unlock to reduce the toll and there's an item in the castle that let's you skip the toll one time.
    Also the architect is so weird I don't even understand what taking a 40% drop in coins would be easier, it all seems too hard to me..
    The architect freezes the last layout of the castle instead of it randomly generating a new one. It's useful if your making runs at a boss so you don't have to find the right room each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

B-yFOeGUMAE8Qq2.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Oh god... when did March/April become November/December.

So now I want OlliOlli 2, Hotline Miami 2, Axiom Verge, Bloodborne, Bastion, Titan Souls, Shovel Night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

All US dates, no sign of it on EU blog yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Everytime I think I have finally finished my March/April splurge something new comes up.

Now I have to get White Night, Helldivers, Hotline Miami 2, Axiom Verge, Shovel Night, Bastion, OlliOlli 2 and Metal Slug 3, that is on top of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Bloodborne, Toukiden: Kiwami, MLB 15, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin and Mortal Kombat X.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Everytime I think I have finally finished my March/April splurge something new comes up.

Now I have to get White Night, Helldivers, Hotline Miami 2, Axiom Verge, Shovel Night, Bastion, OlliOlli 2 and Metal Slug 3, that is on top of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Bloodborne, Toukiden: Kiwami, MLB 15, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin and Mortal Kombat X.

I've never heard of half of those games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

All US dates, no sign of it on EU blog yet.

Yeah but thats one of the benefit of having a US account just in case ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Makes it easier on the wallet that half those games have been released on other formats for a long time (Bastion?!) ;)

Would like to see how Jamestown+ turns out, the first is a terrific bullet hell shooter with plenty of ideas of its own (and more welcoming than some of the sadistic Cave fare). Hopefully the newer version will be worth a whirl, although shame it's not a full-on sequel.

The problem with Shovel Knight is that its more generous 'downwards attack' led to a few unnecessary in Rogue Legacy which is not so generous with its 'downwards attack' :/

Anyone get Resident Evil Revelations 2 contemplating on buying them each episode thAt comes out.. Do they come out every month or what's the story? The disc based game seems to cost way more also for some reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Anyone get Resident Evil Revelations 2 contemplating on buying them each episode thAt comes out.. Do they come out every month or what's the story? The disc based game seems to cost way more also for some reason..

Yeah I got it. A new episode is out next week. Weekly releases not monthly. The dics version includes Raid mode. That is optional on PSN making it cheaper.

• Advertisement

Yeah I got it. A new episode is out next week. Weekly releases not monthly. The dics version includes Raid mode. That is optional on PSN making it cheaper.

Might just wait next week to buy for 25 then so.. How's the first episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

tgdaly wrote: »
    Anyone hear the story about the 11 year old who had his Destiny characters deleted by a troll?
    Taltos wrote: »
    Yup - watched it, he streamed it. Poor git.

Please elaborate...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Search youtube for troll deletes 11-year old's Destiny characters

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Search youtube for troll deletes 11-year old's Destiny characters

F1ngers wrote: »

Ouch! Dick move!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

In some ways though you have to admire how he had planned it so well

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

In some ways though you have to admire how he had planned it so well

Not at all - nothing to be admired there. Just comes across as a smart-a** school bully...

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Not at all - nothing to be admired there. Just comes across as a smart-a** school bully...

I disagree, it's just a game not like he robbed his bank account or anything. I've often lost save files from games, had numerous PlayStations break. You just need to move on

He shouldn't even be playing destiny nor should he be passing on his controller to some stranger on the internet what does he expect?..

• Advertisement

I disagree, it's just a game not like he robbed his bank account or anything. I've often lost save files from games, had numerous PlayStations break. You just need to move on
    I've had numerous broken consoles and deleted save files too.... But its a lot worse if somebody else actually deleted or broke it on purpose... Is it the worst thing in the world? No. But it was a ćüńt of a thing to do.
    He shouldn't even be playing destiny nor should he be passing on his controller to some stranger on the internet what does he expect?..
    Ah, I dunno, a bit of common decency maybe?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement