Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

I've had numerous broken consoles and deleted save files too.... But its a lot worse if somebody else actually deleted or broke it on purpose... Is it the worst thing in the world? No. But it was a ćüńt of a thing to do.

Ah, I dunno, a bit of common decency maybe?

Fact is he is 11 and shouldn't have even be playing the game if you follow the law

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

tgdaly wrote: »
    Fact is he is 11 and shouldn't have even be playing the game if you follow the law

Pretty sure that's not breaking the law.

Benzino wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's not breaking the law.

Ratings are set for a reason, maybe it's not a law but the have purpose for the consumers benefit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

tgdaly wrote: »
    Ratings are set for a reason, maybe it's not a law but the have purpose for the consumers benefit

I believe it's against the law to sell the game to an underage kid if I recall correctly, but not to play it.

Benzino wrote: »
    I believe it's against the law to sell the game to an underage kid if I recall correctly, but not to play it.
    You could be right, but it's illegal to sell to that age because it's unsuitable for that age is what I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Do you think that justifies what happened?

mickstupp wrote: »
    Do you think that justifies what happened?

Not at all. It was a rotten thing to do. I just said you'd have to admire him a bit for the dedication. Don't think it was nice at all. But if your 11 and playing a game that is rated for an older age you're gonna be exposed to older people. Using share play was a bad idea with someone you don't really know (except from online where people lie and deceive all the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Playing online in any game regardless of it's age rating can be dangerous or expose them to inappropriate content. If you have kids set up parental controls/use a sub account. What happened to this kid could have happened in any number of other games.

Only issue I have is when reddit et al decide to white knight a cause, but it was nice that people helped the kid in this case.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

if people are gonna claim something is illegal/against the law maybe they could back that up? I don't believe you're right but will happily be corrected :)

Edit: selling anything to a child is probably technically illegal, due to their inability to consent to a contract :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Ah, I dunno, a bit of common decency maybe?

It's a random stranger from the internet, how could he possibly expect some common decency?... The internet is full of trolls and people that would do this kind of thing to anyone if given the opurtunity... He gave him all access to his account so it's his own fault in fairness... I for one wouldn't pass over access of my account to any randomer because I know that something like this could possibly happen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The kid game shared with a complete stranger, not a smart move no matter what age you are, although in fairness the kid was only between 9-10 if he was in the 5th grade.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

How sad was it hearing the poor kid crying to himself at the end. Pure prick to do that to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

if people are gonna claim something is illegal/against the law maybe they could back that up? I don't believe you're right but will happily be corrected :)

Edit: selling anything to a child is probably technically illegal, due to their inability to consent to a contract :P

It's not illegal to sell a game to someone under the PEGI rating, the rating itself is not mandatory even but does make things like compliance with physical stores easier. You can sell a game without a PEGI rating but a lot of platforms refuse to sell it without it.

The likes of gamestop etc don't sell 18's games to minors as a matter of corporate policy, not adherence to the law

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

They are 2 separate issues all the same... Wether the kid should have been on the game or not, or wether he made a childish error of judgement by giving an untrusted contact access to his machine....it doesn't excuse the bitch move of ruining his profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Lately I noticed that the left anolog stick is not working properly and seems to be getting worse. If I push forward on a game like battlefield I sprint forward but it slows down and sometimes stops altogether. The thing is I still have the receipt from xtra vision (which only lasts 28 days, I've had the PS4 longer than that) but my 1 year warranty from Sony isn't up yet. If I brought it in to them would I be entitled to a new controller or would I have to send it off to Sony?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

GerB40 wrote: »
    Lately I noticed that the left anolog stick is not working properly and seems to be getting worse. If I push forward on a game like battlefield I sprint forward but it slows down and sometimes stops altogether. The thing is I still have the receipt from xtra vision (which only lasts 28 days, I've had the PS4 longer than that) but my 1 year warranty from Sony isn't up yet. If I brought it in to them would I be entitled to a new controller or would I have to send it off to Sony?

Xtravision are still entitled by law to provide you with goods that are fit for purpose. They can and will try and refer you back to the manufacturer (Sony) but if you argue your point and postion, they should relent and replace it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Xtravision are still entitled by law to provide you with goods that are fit for purpose. They can and will try and refer you back to the manufacturer (Sony) but if you argue your point and postion, they should relent and replace it for you.

The stick is an unusual one as well, it is usually the rubber that comes off and not a mechanical issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

my cousins playstation was brought back from a repair shop after the hdmi area got bent. they "fixed" it...as in it turns on. it was extremelly laggy and pressing up on the UI would take 30 odd seconds to go up etc. that seems to have stopped and when i checked it out..his account seems to be BANNED..was fine before. cannot make a new account either, cant even do an interent connection text but checking the status, it IS connected. truelly puzzling and bizarre problem. anyone any thoughts? as you expect..his dad will be running a muck in the shop tomorrow as they charged him twice for "repairs". thats middle eastern electronic shops for ya, i guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

whiterebel wrote: »
    How sad was it hearing the poor kid crying to himself at the end. Pure prick to do that to anyone

What was worse, was knowing that he was initially crying over the lost gun. I don't think he knew about the characters until the game loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I'll try that so but on the receipt is says "We will offer a replacement copy or refund if you prefer, within 28 days for faulty goods". It seems to me that they have their excuse not to help me right there on the receipt. I can (and will) argue my point but it looks like they're covered. I don't really mind going down the Sony route but I'd rather deal with the place that sold it to me... Fúckin 28 days, what a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

HUSTLE KINGS POOL GAME IS SO ****ING ADDICTIVE AND FREE??? JUST WOW

JUST GOT MY TURTLE BEACH TITANFALL ATLAS HEADSET WORKING PERFECT WITH MY PS4... delighted sorry for caps that saves me buying a new headset :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I used to play Hustle Kings on PS3 a lot, but now you have to pay a fiver to play with mates, or for when you run out of free credits. It's not bad, I guess, a fiver isn't much, and I did get my tenner's worth on PS3 (and then free on the Vita when it launched).

Grayditch wrote: »
    I used to play Hustle Kings on PS3 a lot, but now you have to pay a fiver to play with mates, or for when you run out of free credits. It's not bad, I guess, a fiver isn't much, and I did get my tenner's worth on PS3 (and then free on the Vita when it launched).

It's one of the best pool games I have played and I am pool and snooker loopy

Actually any of you picking up resi evil 2? What's the story with it is see 4.99 then about 10 x 9.99 price packs and a season pass for 25 confusion lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

GerB40 wrote:
    I'll try that so but on the receipt is says "We will offer a replacement copy or refund if you prefer, within 28 days for faulty goods". It seems to me that they have their excuse not to help me right there on the receipt. I can (and will) argue my point but it looks like they're covered. I don't really mind going down the Sony route but I'd rather deal with the place that sold it to me... Fúckin 28 days, what a joke.

they HAVE to repair it up to a reasonable time according to EU consumer law. people have won cases up to 6 yrs after buying something like a fridge. a controller should reasonably be expected to work for at least a couple of years. call the consumer helpline.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Actually any of you picking up resi evil 2? What's the story with it is see 4.99 then about 10 x 9.99 price packs and a season pass for 25 confusion lol

Yeah it's pretty good, better than I was expecting. I got the full pack for €25. That's all episodes plus the Raid modes. You can just get the episodes without Raid mode if you want. Episode 2 is out next week. Takes about 2 hrs to finish Ep1, but there is replayability with many unlocks to get if you want.

Yeah it's pretty good, better than I was expecting. I got the full pack for €25. That's all episodes plus the Raid modes. You can just get the episodes without Raid mode if you want. Episode 2 is out next week. Takes about 2 hrs to finish Ep1, but there is replayability with many unlocks to get if you want.

Sounds like great value for money tbh plenty of content for 25..

Is there a multiplayer element or co-op

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's worth noting that currently co-op is local only. Online co-op will be activated in a week or so.

• Advertisement

It's worth noting that currently co-op is local only. Online co-op will be activated in a week or so.

Ah great stuff I'll pick up season pass so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement