Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Can't believe how much I'm playing the ps4 instead bought it to be a second platform after xbox one but I'm finding myself playing it all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Can't believe how much I'm playing the ps4 instead bought it to be a second platform after xbox one but I'm finding myself playing it all the time

You can admit it to us, you made the wrong choice initially. We won't judge you.

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Your one of us now.......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd be the oposite. PS4 is totally ignored since I have a gaming PC. Come on Bloodbourne!

Actually regarding Resi Revelations 2, the XBox One version is apparently ther better version but it's not a big difference and really should only come down to your friends list if you play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Your one of us now.......

"Livin it up in Hotel California..."

No escape for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Xtravision are still entitled by law to provide you with goods that are fit for purpose. They can and will try and refer you back to the manufacturer (Sony) but if you argue your point and postion, they should relent and replace it for you.

I got it sorted, just went to xtra vision, told them my story and they gave me a new controller. I'm actually surprised how readily they handed it over...

GerB40 wrote: »
    I got it sorted, just went to xtra vision, told them my story and they gave me a new controller. I'm actually surprised how readily they handed it over...

Xtravision are brilliant for customer service.

It's gamestop that grind my gears :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Xtravision are brilliant for customer service.

It's gamestop that grind my gears :(

I was in xtravision the other day, they replaced my card for a new clubcard style one.
    She had to update my details, asked me for my email address, I politely declined but she wouldn't let me rent a game without me updating the account.

Apparently anyone renting PS4/XBOX1 games have to give xtravision their email, head office rule blah blah.

So I said to her, "fine, its [email]randomname @gmail.ie[/email] " :rolleyes:

She told me she had it set up so I wouldn't get any emails from them.
    I was tempted to ask her why they need my email if I can opt out but I just left it as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

It is so annoying when you take your PS4 to a mates or relations in order to play and realise that Sony don't support most non popular brand tv's... In college we have a small HDTV which requires me to literally plug out both tv and ps4 and plug them back in followed by going to HDMI on the tv before booting the PS4, if I don't do this in order it won't work at all with the tv... Now I have similar issue with my brothers tv however nothing will work at all with it... How hard could it be for a console to support all HDTV's especially when it only gives you HD support and there is no component / av...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

That's hcdp for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It is so annoying when you take your PS4 to a mates or relations in order to play and realise that Sony don't support most non popular brands... In college we have a small HDTV which requires me to literally plug out both tv and ps4 and plug them back in followed by going to HDMI on the tv before booting the PS4, if I don't do this in order it won't work at all with the tv... Now I have similar issue with my brothers tv however nothing will work at all with it... How hard could it be for a console to support all HDTV's especially when it only gives you HD support and there is no component / av...

It is due to hcdp issues, it has nothing to do with brands whether popular or not, nor is it a common issue, all hdtvs since 2008 should be hcdp compliant.

COYVB wrote: »
    That's hcdp for ya

Yeah I have been hearing that when I last checked up on the college TV which took me about 2 weeks to finally realise how to fix... Not sure what that is, but these TV's seem to be working for other consoles so why not PS4.. Not sure if it works on Xbox One I assume they do... Just a joke that last gen consoles work on more HDTV's than this gen...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just turn hcdp off, they added the option. It'll disable some features but not sure which; probably movie/netflix playback.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Has anyone been playing Resogun?

There is a trophy to complete the Commando mode and it is ridiculously tough. I just finished 37th on the leaderboard and still didn't complete the mode. I think I'm going to need some co op help with it. Forget what stage I got to but there are 20.

Again, the update and dlc to Resogun has been excellent. Such a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The DLC packs and updates have made resogun into one of my favourite games ever, I love it. I'm fairly bad at commando mode mind :p

Varik wrote: »
    Just turn hcdp off, they added the option. It'll disable some features but not sure which; probably movie/netflix playback.

I'd have to do that then before going to brothers next time or maybe I'll just leave it disabled as I don't use it for anything other than gaming thanks for that

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

cloud493 wrote: »
    The DLC packs and updates have made resogun into one of my favourite games ever, I love it. I'm fairly bad at commando mode mind :p

Is that playing with no jocks on?:P

actually lads the ps camera is it worth buying?

actually lads the ps camera is it worth buying?

Nope

• Advertisement

any of you have or use playstation tv? any good?

any of you have or use playstation tv? any good?

I think it's very handy. Would you be looking to use it as a PS4 extender or a Vita for the TV? It's incredibly useful as the former, and a bit less useful as the latter, depending on what game's you're looking at.

i was thinking i could play the vita games etc on tv without the vita?? or does it work like that?

i was thinking i could play the vita games etc on tv without the vita?? or does it work like that?

Yup, that's pretty much the gist of it. Game compatibility list is here. Some games won't ever work because of the front/rear touch functionality of the Vita, and it's limited to 720p, but that's not a major issue.

It's best used to play your PS4 games in another room though, IMO

Yup, that's pretty much the gist of it. Game compatibility list is here. Some games won't ever work because of the front/rear touch functionality of the Vita, and it's limited to 720p, but that's not a major issue.

It's best used to play your PS4 games in another room though, IMO

Would you invest in a vita or ps tv?

Would you invest in a vita or ps tv?

Do you travel much? If so I'd go Vita, if not PS TV. I like being able to take the Vita with me TBH, and I don't use the PS TV all THAT much, probably because I've got the Vita... so based on that, Vita. They're cheap enough these days anyway

Have you been snapping up all the PS+ games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I've moved the discussion on TLOU here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057389338

For the sanity of anyone that might be "following" this thread for PS4 news.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I've moved the discussion on TLOU here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057389338

For the sanity of anyone that might be "following" this thread for PS4 news.
    sorry fingers didn't mean to drag thread off topic

Do you travel much? If so I'd go Vita, if not PS TV. I like being able to take the Vita with me TBH, and I don't use the PS TV all THAT much, probably because I've got the Vita... so based on that, Vita. They're cheap enough these days anyway

Have you been snapping up all the PS+ games?

I got a few vita games and I had one at launch so have mutant space blobs and one or two other games aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

My post had nothing to do with TLOU.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement