Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

NT7 wrote: »
    Any idea when that will be released?

Don't think anyone knows, soon hopefully

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

NT7 wrote: »
    Any idea when that will be released?

Do not hold your breath on it being added, in fact i'd say it's quite unlikely to happen.

Sony left out a bunch of features that were present in the Ps3 and the only ones I'd expect back are the ones people were most vocal about, your complaint didn't feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Picked up a PS3 12GB slim for cheap.

Can I download and run games off an external HDD or do I need to buy an internal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Picked up a PS3 12GB slim for cheap.

Can I download and run games off an external HDD or do I need to buy an internal?

Internal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Internal

Yup, did some checking and already ordered a 500gb + bracket for 48 euros on Amazon, 1 day delivery.

The internet is awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Have my console about 3 weeks, it's been pretty much perfect up until yesterday - FIFA was running, not playing (controller was on the table) and the console made a beep and decided to turn itself off, then back on again.

It did this a number of times without any input from me, switch itself on, then off again after a couple of seconds... eventually it got itself into safe mode. I chose the first option - to reset the console - during the process it did its on/off trick again, back into safe mode. Started the restart process again, this time it completed.
    Machine started up again, and appeared to be ok. Started up resogun after a few minutes of moving around menus, but after about 15-20 mins of playing it beeped again, and rather than restart itself it just went into standby mode (yellow light on top of console). Switched on again in safe mode, did a restart, and after it finished just turned it off in disgust.

Came back an hour or two later, switched on and everything seemed fine, played FIFA for about 45 mins before it beeped and went into standby again. Just unplugged it and left it.

Anyone experienced anything like this? A quick google suggested removing and reinserting the HDD, will try when I get home.
    I imagine its f**ked isn't it? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Have my console about 3 weeks, it's been pretty much perfect up until yesterday - FIFA was running, not playing (controller was on the table) and the console made a beep and decided to turn itself off, then back on again.

It did this a number of times without any input from me, switch itself on, then off again after a couple of seconds... eventually it got itself into safe mode. I chose the first option - to reset the console - during the process it did its on/off trick again, back into safe mode. Started the restart process again, this time it completed.
    Machine started up again, and appeared to be ok. Started up resogun after a few minutes of moving around menus, but after about 15-20 mins of playing it beeped again, and rather than restart itself it just went into standby mode (yellow light on top of console). Switched on again in safe mode, did a restart, and after it finished just turned it off in disgust.

Came back an hour or two later, switched on and everything seemed fine, played FIFA for about 45 mins before it beeped and went into standby again. Just unplugged it and left it.

Anyone experienced anything like this? A quick google suggested removing and reinserting the HDD, will try when I get home.
    I imagine its f**ked isn't it? :(

This is exactly what happened to me! Although also the screen began to flicker and the sound with fuzzy but would always end up with a beep then shut off. When restarted the console it just went into safe mode. If like mine it will only get worse.

Mine was sent back Tuesday, just waiting for a replacement now.

Best of luck.

jaffusmax wrote: »
    This is exactly what happened to me! Although also the screen began to flicker and the sound with fuzzy but would always end up with a beep then shut off. When restarted the console it just went into safe mode. If like mine it will only get worse.

Best of luck.

Just what I don't want to hear. Did you try the hard drive removal "trick"?
    Did you deal directly with Sony when sending it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I dealt with SONY directly, they got me to remove and reinsert the hdd then re-initialize the console. Then they got me to re install the firmware but still my screen would flicker after a few mins then just shut off. They seem to be reluctant to offer a replacement until they got me to jump through hoops to make sure the console was faulty.

I also videoed it happening in case they try to send it back to as it seemed fine before the courier picked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Best of luck.

did ye try to intialise the console rang Sony and they said try that if it didnt work then sent in to them for replacement, im currently in the middle of trying it out, whats the story with a Sony replacement is it refurbished? as hard to believe they'd have refurbished ones already like would much prefer a new one if gamestop would return it as faulty?

• Advertisement

I dealt with SONY directly, they got me to remove and reinsert the hdd then re-initialize the console. Then they got me to re install the firmware but still my screen would flicker after a few mins then just shut off. They seem to be reluctant to offer a replacement until they got me to jump through hoops to make sure the console was faulty.

I also videoed it happening in case they try to send it back to as it seemed fine before the courier picked it up.

Thanks, sounds ominous. Though I didn't get any screen flicker, just beeping and a loop of turning on and off by itself.
    I bought from argos, dunno what they'll be like for replacing if I go to them first before trying Sony.
    Hope you have better luck with your new one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Picked up tomb raider today :) it is prettier than the last gen version has to be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

cloud493 wrote: »
    Picked up tomb raider today :) it is prettier than the last gen version has to be said.

Thinking of getting it myself....but think i will wait for the Lego Movie videogame to come out and get both then! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Joint up in swords selling it for 50. Happy enough.

Wait Cloud Did you not get the game there a few days ago ? And you only got it again today :rolleyes:

Got mine today from Simply games via parcel motel can't wait to get playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Looking forward to playing Tomb Raider when i get it tomorrow, never played it on PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Wait Cloud Did you not get the game there a few days ago ? And you only got it again today :rolleyes:

Got mine today from Simply games via parcel motel can't wait to get playing it

First one is saying, the place is selling it for 50. Second one is saying, I picked it up for 50, from the joint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

€4.25 for the ones with designs. Fair play to him, but a bit steep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

This might have been covered before but there's a work around for dlna streaming to the ps4 . It's called plex and it works perfectly . It's straight forward to use and best of all it's free.

https://plex.tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

King Krib wrote: »
    This might have been covered before but there's a work around for dlna streaming to the ps4 . It's called plex and it works perfectly . It's straight forward to use and best of all it's free.

Any lunks on how this works

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jenjenten wrote: »
    Thinking of getting it myself....but think i will wait for the Lego Movie videogame to come out and get both then! :)

Lego Movie is £24.99 if you pre-order on Amazon.

Gonna get Tomb Raider tomorrow,I know Xtravision isn't the cheapest but I've a gift card waiting to be used since Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Cant see myself buying tomb raider great game that I finished on the ps3, Thief will be my next purchase but cant wait for the binding of isaac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

mystic86 wrote: »

But the light bar is there for a reason. If you cover it it won't work. But I guess if you don't have a camera it can't work anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

tok9 wrote: »
    If you have plus.. Resogun is free..

If you don't have plus.. buy Resogun :p

Thanks tok for this recommendation. What a game! And its free. Definitely worth checking out for anyone who already has or is getting a PS4. And you get the playstation plus membership trial for 14 days at the beginning so I would definitely recommend try it out.

Have to say that if the visuals are half this good during gameplay then Infamous Second Son could be truly gorgeous to look at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Traded in need for speed for the PS4 today and picked up fifa 14 can't wait to play it on the ps4 after using the ds 3 all week can't wait to play om a good controller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I only found out today you can use the PS4 controller on some PS3 games. Including Borderlands 2.

Feels goooood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement