Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The touch controls on Infamous look terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Grayditch wrote: »
    I only found out today you can use the PS4 controller on some PS3 games. Including Borderlands 2.

Feels goooood.

Hmmm... might get back into that with the Vita version on the way and that DS4 suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Grayditch wrote: »
    I only found out today you can use the PS4 controller on some PS3 games. Including Borderlands 2.

Feels goooood.

Tried it on GTAV and it won't pick up the DS4,:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I heard it won't with GTAv, alright. Sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone here played nba 2k14. What is it like gameplay wise if im not a basketball fan. Iv heard quite good things about it but not sure if my lack of knowledge of teams and players would spoil it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has anyone here played nba 2k14. What is it like gameplay wise if im not a basketball fan. Iv heard quite good things about it but not sure if my lack of knowledge of teams and players would spoil it?

It's really tough if you don't know stuff about Basketball, like me. It's very in depth. There's a whole lot of moves and tactics to learn. This is all probably brilliant for people who are into it, but I had to spend hours learning how to play. And I'm terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Been playing a small bit of Tomb Raider on the PS4 its some upgrade from the PS3 one. Just looks so much better and how much better it plays then the PS3 one.

Also had a few games of FIFA 14 as well loving every min of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

i havent turned on my PS4 in a month.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

jenjenten wrote: »
    i havent turned on my PS4 in a month.......:(

Just wait till next week and Outlast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Xenji wrote: »
    Just wait till next week and Outlast :D

After I play Outlast I don't think I'll turn on the PS4 for a year LOL :eek:

• Advertisement

Has anyone had any hassle with buying on a US account and then playing with eu/irish account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Has anyone had any hassle with buying on a US account and then playing with eu/irish account.

Nope. Just make sure you set the PS4 as the primary console of your US account.

Been playing a bit of tomb raider there and its a huge upgrade over the PS3 one that lagged like no tomorrow and screen tearing everything.

The sound has also hugely been upgraded as i am using a 5.1 set up in DTS and dont remember the sound to be as load as this and using the amp in full force

The lag on the PS3 controller is gone and replaced with the no lag PS4 controller witch after you use a DS3 is just destroys it in every way as its so nice to hold the bottons are in time when you press them everything is hands done so much better then playing a 3rd person action game on the PS3.

BfWoFE0IEAAm05p.jpg:large

A screen shot i upload of tomb raider its scaled down but its fantastic on a Full HD 42 Plasma :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

Does anybody know will The Elder Scrolls Online have an offline campaign similar to Skyrim and Oblivion? I absolutely loved those games but not a hope in hell will I be paying 15 a month to play TESO, I wont be getting it if theres not going to be any single player campaign.

Does anybody know will The Elder Scrolls Online have an offline campaign similar to Skyrim and Oblivion? I absolutely loved those games but not a hope in hell will I be paying 15 a month to play TESO, I wont be getting it if theres not going to be any single player campaign.

The clue is in the name, no it won't have offline except maybe some training tutorials. Thats why you pay a sub for it, for new content to be released and upkeep of the servers to be online for years.

This game is not being made by Bethesda like the other Elder Scrolls but there are overseeing it's development. I reckon it will be a while for the next game as going by their release pattern as Fallout 4 will be released before the next Elder Scrolls and there is no news on F4 yet.

A few more screens from Tomb Raider

BfY6eNMIAAAEnHh.jpg:large

BfY6p-mIgAE4SDy.jpg:large

Has anyone added funds to their psn wallet using paypal. Im trying to do it at the moment but its keep getting rejected for some reason

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Has anyone added funds to their psn wallet using paypal. Im trying to do it at the moment but its keep getting rejected for some reason

From what I've read, are they both the same region?
    You can't fund a UK account if your paypal is Irish for example.

F1ngers wrote: »
    From what I've read, are they both the same region?
    You can't fund a UK account if your paypal is Irish for example.

Ye i have a us account for both and it still wont work. There is money in the account but i cant add it to my us wallet. Should have just went with psn code on ebay, less hassle it would seem

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Ye i have a us account for both and it still wont work. There is money in the account but i cant add it to my us wallet. Should have just went with psn code on ebay, less hassle it would seem

Buy the Psn digital code off Amazon.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Just got battlefield recently. I'm loving the team death match but the other modes are a bit manic while I'm finding my feet.Two things that piss me off about it are.. when I go to play capture the flag I can't because of some dlc I don't have..why can't I play this out of the box?? The other thing is how the sound of gun fire intermittently comes and goes. Wrecks my head that one. Overall it's a cracking game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Anyone here looking forward to the new Thief game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

God thief is out awful soon. So is rayman in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Ne'er mind Thief, Rayman or Infamous... when the hell is Octodad out? Gimme!!! :(

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Ne'er mind Thief, Rayman or Infamous... when the hell is Octodad out? Gimme!!! :(

Soon, it's reviewed on IGN, got a better score than I thought it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Thief looks good alright. Is it a continuation of the previous games or is it a reboot type of thing? Never played the previous games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Just be patient lads. All those games will come flooding in soon :)

Thief looks good alright. Is it a continuation of the previous games or is it a reboot type of thing? Never played the previous games.

It's sort of a reboot like the new Deus Ex which turned out really good. I'm worried about the new Thief though with all the changes they put in and fans said to take out again. Just hope it stays faithful to the series and hope they don't destroy this IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Any links on getting usa games on irish account via playstaion plus
    step by step guide would be great

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Any links on getting usa games on irish account via playstaion plus
    step by step guide would be great

Create a US account.
    Set up PS+ on said account.
    Download US PS+ games on your console.

That's all there is to it.

This discussion has been closed.