Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Im trying to decide on getting either fifa or nba 2k14. Im wonder does anyone here have both and which they prefer. Im kinda thinking nba because the last basketball game i played was nba jam. But then im also more of a football fan than basketball. Decisions decisions???

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Im trying to decide on getting either fifa or nba 2k14. Im wonder does anyone here have both and which they prefer. Im kinda thinking nba because the last basketball game i played was nba jam. But then im also more of a football fan than basketball. Decisions decisions???

Have FIFA, love it, much better than the ps3 version, had nba2k14, great graphics but I just couldn't get into it, don't know much about basketball so that didn't help
    If you're more of a football fan I'd get fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Fifa for me. I think I just don't know enough about basketball to get the best out of NBA2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Have FIFA, love it, much better than the ps3 version, had nba2k14, great graphics but I just couldn't get into it, don't know much about basketball so that didn't help
    If you're more of a football fan I'd get fifa

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I haven't been able to access the ps4 playstation store for at least 24 hours. Coincidentally I'v had metro and bioshock infinite downloading on the ps3 over the last 24 hours (bioshock is downloading at a ridiculously slow rate, nothing to do with our download speed as that's quite good), anyone know is there an issue with being signed into my account on both consoles? :confused: I have an internet connection it just keeps saying please wait when I try to access it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zapperzy wrote: »
    I haven't been able to access the ps4 playstation store for at least 24 hours. Coincidentally I'v had metro and bioshock infinite downloading on the ps3 over the last 24 hours (bioshock is downloading at a ridiculously slow rate, nothing to do with our download speed as that's quite good), anyone know is there an issue with being signed into my account on both consoles? :confused: I have an internet connection it just keeps saying please wait when I try to access it.

Pause and restart the download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Varik wrote: »
    Pause and restart the download.

Tried that twice, no faster. It was at 79% at 2 o clock, 84% at half 11 and now it's at 85%. I'v downloaded larger games on the ps4 in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Connect the PS3 with Ethernet rather than wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

CombatCow wrote: »

Is it a system update or just an update to the app?

• Advertisement

PS4 system update 1.60 detailed, there is also general stability improvements and ability to mute camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

Can someone please help. I redeemed my two week plus trial at Christmas for PS Plus, since then I haven't subscribed or paid a bean to them and yet I can still play FIFA 14 online and my younger brother can play CoD Ghosts online. This seems a bit suspicious as Sony are hardly being kind and letting us play for free.

The only thing I can think of is that I redeemed the Music Unlimited trial about a week ago, but that wouldn't be a trial for PS Plus again would it?

I want to know incase they're taking money that I'm not noticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

JDM Jack wrote: »
    Can someone please help. I redeemed my two week plus trial at Christmas for PS Plus, since then I haven't subscribed or paid a bean to them and yet I can still play FIFA 14 online and my younger brother can play CoD Ghosts online. This seems a bit suspicious as Sony are hardly being kind and letting us play for free.

The only thing I can think of is that I redeemed the Music Unlimited trial about a week ago, but that wouldn't be a trial for PS Plus again would it?

I want to know incase they're taking money that I'm not noticing.

Are any of the free games you got, such as Res0gun locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

CombatCow wrote: »
    PS4 system update 1.60 detailed, there is also general stability improvements and ability to mute camera.

Weird, the link I'm looking at just says this:
    PlayStation App Update – Version 1.6
    An update released to the PlayStation App for iOS and Android devices last week, added ‘Live from PlayStation‘ support (among other features), allowing you to browse and launch videos of live gameplay on your phone or tablet via USTREAM or Twitch.

It's two separate things, they just happen to have similar version numbers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

This looks like the update Sony are sending out later tonight in the US. Conveniently launching a new headset as well.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/02/03/ps4-system-update-1-60-coming-tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Got to say that's a piss poor update. While I know the PS4 is technically only 3 months old, not having basic PS3 functions is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

1523998_1525817857643464_726198686_o.jpg

1502201_1525595547665695_1853470687_o.jpg

Its awful pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Well it depends, if you know nothing about basketball and hate the sport get Fifa which is a great game definite improvement on PS3.
    However the career mode in NBA is awesome a country mile better than any other career mode in any sports title.

• Advertisement

I know on the playstation 3 you could buy a game on PS store and use it on two different consoles, I did it with my nephews. Just wondering if this is possible on PS4 as I want to do it with him again when he upgrades his console

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

astonaidan wrote: »
    I know on the playstation 3 you could buy a game on PS store and use it on two different consoles, I did it with my nephews. Just wondering if this is possible on PS4 as I want to do it with him again when he upgrades his console

No, it isn't. You can sign into his PS4 and download your games to there and as long as you are also logged in, you can play them. But once you log out, they are gone again.

Otacon wrote: »
    No, it isn't. You can sign into his PS4 and download your games to there and as long as you are also logged in, you can play them. But once you log out, they are gone again.
    So like my nephew wont be able to play the game on his profile, it will only work on mine, well that just sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Picked up Ass Creed today, hearing its the best of the launch titles. Looking forward to getting stuck in

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

TheDoc wrote: »
    Picked up Ass Creed today, hearing its the best of the launch titles. Looking forward to getting stuck in

I want to get it too but I haven't even played about 5% of AC3 since last Christmas and I don't want to play without finishing it, the troubles of being strange :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That new headset looks great. Its built on Pulse, so it is already very encouraging. Looks like US price is 99$, so 99eu here? Sounds like a great deal.
    Any idea when we will see it over here/amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Thief looks so dull and colourless. "greatness awaits"..im still waiting for greatness to arrive :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

That new headset looks great. Its built on Pulse, so it is already very encouraging. Looks like US price is 99$, so 99eu here? Sounds like a great deal.

What is pulse. Is it gardi technology

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

padair wrote: »
    What is pulse. Is it gardi technology

No clue what technology, I am not in to whole sound thing. For me it has to work and with good quality, thats about it.
    7.1 , wireless, somy brand, well received previous product, 99eu price tag, sounds like a great combination for me. I am pretty sure there are a lot better headsets for pure sound freaks, but for average gamer like me these sound perfect. Works with ps3,ps4 and pc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

€89.99 which is actually $121.77 so considering that the US price is $99 with out including sales tax (~10% and less or none) we're not doing too bad considering we're got 23% Vat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement