Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

No matter how scary games are any of them I played always gave you a ton of weaponry to deal with the problem. Outlast gives you a f***ing camera?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I can imagine myself playing outlast for 10 minutes, getting extremely freaked out and shutting off. Probably never go back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I can imagine myself playing outlast for 10 minutes, getting extremely freaked out and shutting off. Probably never go back to it.

...and it won't cost you a thing... besides your sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

im so excited for outlast :D

what time does the PS4 store update tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

It is no coincidence Sony gave us the 7.1 Pulse function back on PS4 and Outlast is free tomorrow on PS+. They want us to sh!t bricks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Very informative post and handy stuff to know.
    Just wondering what's the story with defective goods that are outside of the 30 day, but within the 12 month guarantee?

Makes no difference, worth specifying the difference between a 30day guarantee, and warranty

A money back guarantee, like ARgos' 30 days, is to provide the customer with the ability to return any item, in a re-sellable condition, to the store for a refund. In most cases they will happily give you your money back, others might offer vouchers.
    We've all had the "ugh this looks different then I thought" or something not fitting etc etc. That is what it is there for.

There is no legal obligation for a retailer to provide this. It is a pure gesture of good faith on their behalf. Electronic items are typically excluded because they are high value items that can be exploited.
    You could buy a massive TV to air the superbowl, pack it up, and bring it back.
    You could buy an expensive SLR for a wedding, get all your pictures, and then bring it back.

It's a gesture born from honesty and giving the customer some leeway if there is an honest mistake or genuine change of heart. It's worth remembering under the consumer act, a change of heart or desire for the good or service, does not constitute grounds for a refund. I remember dealing with a Lady who wanted to give back a camera because she said she had an issue with her car and needed the camera money back. Looked on the camera and there was photos still there from a hen night :)

A warranty/guarantee is provided by two parties, the manafacturer and retailer.
    The retailer, in Ireland, is obliged legally to provide a 12 month warranty on goods. That's Irish law. Differs from country to country, but here, it is 12 months. And that is from the retailer.
    This entails that 12 months from purchase, should you experience any defects, issues or faults, the retailer is obliged to deal with the situation, in one of the three options above.

A manafacturer can also provide a warranty, and in some cases its longer then 12 months.

In this example, let's say you buy a televison from Currys. The Television is lets say LG and comes with a two year manafacturers warranty.

Currys are liable to deal with any issues,defects or faults for 12 months, under their warranty as a retailer. Any issue that arises after 12 months, but before 2 years, the liability moves to LG. And you would here contact their support department.

One of the posters above who had issues went into Argos today and I happily see got a replacement. Alot of people have fears about dealing with faulty goods, but its no big deal. The Consumer Act is pretty straight forward, there is no grey areas really. The only muddying of the waters is when retailer put up signs that "say" they don't have to do this or that, but its total rubbish. They can't make up the law, they are bound to this counties laws. Just remember being mannerly, calm and informed will 99/100 get you sorted on the spot.

In Wales, it is law that Electronic goods must be covered under a minimum 5 year warranty, true story ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

outlast1_by_xbulletz-d6l6pxa.GIF

Coming to a PS4 near you....tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Some people might be interested to know that SCEE Brand Manager has a "Good feeling" Titanfall will be on PS next year.
    Watching Titanfall trailers and salivating.

— Alex Moyet (@AlexMoyet) January 30, 2014

@thamuhacha @L1keMike Nah we might have to wait another year or so but I've got a good feeling it'll come to PS4.

— Alex Moyet (@AlexMoyet) January 30, 2014

The Tweet has since been deleted.

The tweet has been deleted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

.ak wrote: »
    So, Argos a good retailer to deal with incase of returns? Think I'll pick one up tomorrow. :)

Well they couldn't have been better for me anyway. Hopefully they're all as good as Cork mahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Lucreto wrote: »
    Some people might be interested to know that SCEE Brand Manager has a "Good feeling" Titanfall will be on PS next year.

The tweet has been deleted now.

If you post that over on the PS4 vs Xbox One thread, you'll break boards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Outlast is a 4.3GB download for those brave enough to download it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

BordorFox wrote: »

Can't wait for this:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Grayditch wrote: »
    If you post that over on the PS4 vs Xbox One thread, you'll break boards!

:eek:

I have not been here for a while didn't think it could cause a war on both fronts.

I have no interest in the title as I have a new final fantasy a month until April to keep me busy.

It you look at all the Titanfall exclusive coverage there are a few contradiction in there some people never picked up on but not wanting to cause a war Iwill keep then to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

We'll that clip is enough for me to call for my brown trousers so I think I'll pass on this one :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lucreto wrote: »
    :eek:

I have not been here for a while didn't think it could cause a war on both fronts.

I have no interest in the title as I have a new final fantasy a month until April to keep me busy.

It you look at all the Titanfall exclusive coverage there are a few contradiction in there some people never picked up on but not wanting to cause a war Iwill keep then to myself.

It's not really a war, just some xbox fans put argument of "Titanfall" in to any conversation. It's like this:

-Xbox one does not do x,y,z. It's bad choice.
    -xbox one has Titanfall
    -But there are reports that xbox one has x,y,z issues?
    -Xbox one has,Titanfall, best game ever created.
    -I prefer ps4 system, because of X,y,z.
    -TITANFALL!

Oh yeah, Titanfall gifs...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's not really a war, just some xbox fans put argument of "Titanfall" in to any conversation. It's like this:

-xbox one has Titanfall
    -TITANFALL!

Oh yeah, Titanfall gift...

Very true, any criticism of the X1 system seemed to end up with Titanfall getting mentioned as it's redeemer, which really made having a rational discussion an impossible feat.

3-2-1....I'll be playing Titanfall, blah blah blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Very true, any criticism of the X1 system seemed to end up with Titanfall getting mentioned as it's redeemer, which really made having a rational discussion an impossible feat.

3-2-1....I'll be playing Titanfall, blah blah blah.

Rubbish. We do not! Only the 12 year old users of XB1 carry on like that. And when Titan Fall is released, you will be sorry you said that ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Rubbish. We do not! Only the 12 year old users of XB1 carry on like that. And when Titan Fall is released, you will be sorry you said that ! :mad:

Must be a lot of 12 year olds in the thread, now I know why we do not see many those comments after 10 pm on a school night ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

8OuPCzh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That's the new one? I really really want it. Looks like it's out on 10th in US. I wonder if we will get it on 10th too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

-xbox one has Titanfall
    -TITANFALL!

Oh yeah, Titanfall gifs...

:eek: can you do this in titanfall lol

ku-xlarge.gif

what the hell is that! :eek:

:eek: can you do this in titanfall lol

ku-xlarge.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

jenjenten wrote: »
    what the hell is that! :eek:

That is a lift that is clearly well over its standard operating and safe capacity. There is never any thought towards other people's safety in BF4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I think tomb raider might be the prettiest PS4 game I've played so far, except for killzone possibly. I don't know whether all this is worth the 40 or so extra to play the PS4 version, but it actually feels significantly different to the PS3 one. Looks much sharper, runs much faster etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Guys,

Quick question. What do I get out of the box if I get a PS4 with PS Plus right now?
    Am I correct in saying that as well as the current Plus game, Outlast, there are a couple of other games free to play like Planetside and a Marvel game?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Limpar wrote: »
    Guys,

Quick question. What do I get out of the box if I get a PS4 with PS Plus right now?
    Am I correct in saying that as well as the current Plus game, Outlast, there are a couple of other games free to play like Planetside and a Marvel game?

It's DC not Marvel :mad:

DC universe online is free outright, there are things to buy in game but it's still good.

Planetside 2 isn't out yet for PS4.

WarFrame isn't my cup of tea but is free.

War Thunder is great.

The plus games will be changing today so if you're fast you can get last months plus games too.

January

Leaving PS Plus:

24th December: Grid 2
    24th December: Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
    24th December: Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed
    8th January: Contrast

Entering PS Plus:

24th December: DmC Devil May Cry
    24th December: Borderlands 2
    24th December: Soul Sacrifice
    24th December: Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend