Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

srumball wrote: »
    Are all of these FREE?

You have them as long as you have a PS+ subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

is anyone having problems with noise?

I am upgrading from an early edition xbox360 and one of the reasons I'm doing it sooner rather than later is because the xbox is louder than an airplane take off. but I hear the ps4 is having issues with fan noise too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Leftist wrote: »
    is anyone having problems with noise?

I am upgrading from an early edition xbox360 and one of the reasons I'm doing it sooner rather than later is because the xbox is louder than an airplane take off. but I hear the ps4 is having issues with fan noise too?

I've not had much noise from the PS4, but if it's like the PS3 it all depends on what game disc is in the drive and how much it needs to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Outlast is available for download

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Jesus Christ

February sale goes up with Last of Us for like €33, much better then any price in shops here.

I think I need to move the PS3 back into the room with me, take it away from the misses. Pity being complete lack of BLu ray player then :(

**** YOU PS+

(Actually making room for the PS3 is going to be a struggle, Ps4 taking up its spot.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Jesus Christ

February sale goes up with Last of Us for like €33, much better then any price in shops here.

I think I need to move the PS3 back into the room with me, take it away from the misses. Pity being complete lack of BLu ray player then :(

**** YOU PS+

(Actually making room for the PS3 is going to be a struggle, Ps4 taking up its spot.

You know whats funny, i have last of us sitting here in its case and i don't even have a ps3 anymore, i gave it to my nephew when i got my ps4 and it was too old of a game for him (he's 5) and i asked gamestop what they would give me for it and they said basically 6 euro, you can imagine what i said to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

BordorFox wrote: »
    You know whats funny, i have last of us sitting here in its case and i don't even have a ps3 anymore, i gave it to my nephew when i got my ps4 and it was too old of a game for him (he's 5) and i asked gamestop what they would give me for it and they said basically 6 euro, you can imagine what i said to that.

"I can get a pint for that! SOLD my good sir!"

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

oh my god. Outlast. its terrifying! and i'm wearing the Pulse! :(:(:( http://www.twitch.tv/klair88

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got Outlast downloaded, but gonna wait till it gets dark to play it, no fun playing it in the daytime :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Xenji wrote: »
    Got Outlast downloaded, but gonna wait till it gets dark to play it, no fun playing it in the daytime :pac:

If you're in Ireland that should be in about 20 mins :)

• Advertisement

outlast is pretty good, but you gotta have a good headset and if you're using the ear bud, switch all your game sound to it, you can do it in the ps4 preferences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Can you use the headset that came in the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'll be using this with my headphones. Not sure it's great, but it helps a bit.

DSS2-4.jpg

cloud493 wrote: »
    Can you use the headset that came in the box?

The ear bud mono one? , Yes

But sound from the game default comes through your tv, you need to go to

Settings ->
    Sound and Screen ->
    Audio Output Settings ->
    Output to Headphones ->
    Change it to All Audio

All game audio and chat audio will now come through the bud adding to that errry feeling in outlast and adds to it's content value.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ah, turns out I left it too late to get one from Argos. Anybody else know if anywhere has stock of the PS4 in the Dublin city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭bren2001

.ak wrote: »
    Ah, turns out I left it too late to get one from Argos. Anybody else know if anywhere has stock of the PS4 in the Dublin city centre?

There is a Knack bundle in Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The ear bud mono one? , Yes

But sound from the game default comes through your tv, you need to go to

Settings ->
    Sound and Screen ->
    Audio Output Settings ->
    Output to Headphones ->
    Change it to All Audio

All game audio and chat audio will now come through the bud adding to that errry feeling in outlast and adds to it's content value.

Extremely helpful

Can I ask a more general question about headsets. I have a dedicated gaming PC headset, and a headset I used for my monitor that I have my consoles plugged into. Now that monitor went bang and I got a new one, that doesn't have a headset jack.

Can I plug my headset( it's a standard jack headset) into the controller, and have sound pumped through there?

Or is there a headset jack on the console itself( barely looked around the console to be honest haha)

The bug that came with the console is utter ****e for both quality and design, and doesn't fit into my ear, so would rather use my over ear headphones. I can't use in ear stuff :(

*Got it confirmed on Google, seriously impressive stuff, didn't even know I could. This is brilliant news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

woo hoo!....lego marvel superheros just got patched on ps4!....only 38mb, 1.01....performance enhancements the update history said, i just logged in to get my free daily bf4 battlepack. the asgard and super packs dlc are also now on the ps store, 1.99 and 4.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Outlast is so cool. my brother was watching me play and he screamed the house down :D

Extremely helpful

Can I ask a more general question about headsets. I have a dedicated gaming PC headset, and a headset I used for my monitor that I have my consoles plugged into. Now that monitor went bang and I got a new one, that doesn't have a headset jack.

Can I plug my headset( it's a standard jack headset) into the controller, and have sound pumped through there?

Or is there a headset jack on the console itself( barely looked around the console to be honest haha)

The bug that came with the console is utter ****e for both quality and design, and doesn't fit into my ear, so would rather use my over ear headphones. I can't use in ear stuff :(

*Got it confirmed on Google, seriously impressive stuff, didn't even know I could. This is brilliant news

From what i gather, any 3.5mm audio jack headphone will retrieve the audio from the jack on the dualshock but only a few actual mics will work with it.

The ear bud that comes default is mono, which is poor but ok for every user usage if needed.

I got this pair which are stereo and not bad on the pocket.

http://www.toys.ie/PS4-and-PS-Vita-Stereo-Gaming-Headset-!133228-prd.aspx

€29.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Is it wrong that I'm playing outlast I front of a 2 year old and a 6 year old
    Bahahahahahahahahaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Bahahahahahahahahaaaaaa

record their reactions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Extremely helpful

Yes it can plug straight into the controller.

EDIT: As bordorfox has highlighted above some mics dont work. Any that work with Apple devices the MIC wont work but the speakers should.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Bahahahahahahahahaaaaaa
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    record their reactions!

CryBaby-530x353.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

My PS4 won't download any updates or games. After a while it just says it can't download them :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Anybody having issues opening Outlast. It downloaded fine but it's locked requesting a licence. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Big problem here. I went to upgrade my COD:Ghosts PS3 copy to PS4, but it says when I typed into the redeem code section; 'the code you have entered may not be correct, or may no longer be valid'. It's in fine, and I tried both with caps and without. It's expiry is March 31st as well. Whats wrong? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

**** OUTLAST it's ****ing scary! I had to quit to XMB after opening THE DOOR!!! It's up to yall to guess which door... :D

King Krib wrote: »
    Anybody having issues opening Outlast. It downloaded fine but it's locked requesting a licence. Any ideas?

reboot your PS4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

reboot your PS4

Doesn't work, I tried it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement