Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

King Krib wrote: »
    Doesn't work, I tried it.

Is anyone having issues with netflix where the output cuts out for a second or two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

I had the same issue and that fixed it for me, it needs to dial home to get the license so make sure you're connected.

If not I'm sure it will rectify itself, if not you could try re-downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Go to settings, then psn, then restore licenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Played a bit of outlast there holy **** i never jumped so much in my life LoL playing a game like 40 mins of it i nearly **** myself playing it LoL as like you dont no what you are going to find in the next room LoL

About 70% done in Tomb Raider playing it again remands me why i loved this game so much the 1st time around like to me its up there with uncharted 2 of one of my fave games of last gen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I know the audio is very important with horror games like Outlast, but I'm needing a little help from the calming music of Slowdive in the background. Have to say It's a well made game all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

F**K.

THIS.

:(

Grayditch wrote: »
    F**K.

THIS.

:(

having issues?

With my nerves and this game, sorry, ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Xenji wrote: »
    Go to settings, then psn, then restore licenses.

That did the trick. Thanks.

I wonder if anyone knows a way I can record gameplay and myself (reactions) with the PS Cam. Like the way you see on broadcasts on Twitch etc, but without me broadcasting live. Just to record and edit, etc.

• Advertisement

With my nerves and this game, sorry, ha.

I hear yah, short game but damn does it keep you on your toes the entire way through it.

I wonder if anyone knows a way I can record gameplay and myself (reactions) with the PS Cam. Like the way you see on broadcasts on Twitch etc, but without me broadcasting live. Just to record and edit, etc.

You can't, not that i know of anyways, you can't even video call another member let alone record yourself without broadcasting, like the ps3 and ps2, sony brings out a camera then gives it 0 support.

Hmmm. Maybe I can broadcast in private somehow and figure out a way to record that, somehow on the laptop. Or just broadcast, and not care about it. Like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ1jPHoEDP8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

sorry guys but is outlast available for free as long as i have a p+ sub? how do I go about downloading it? :o

You might have to search for it in the store, I think.

LaVail wrote: »
    sorry guys but is outlast available for free as long as i have a p+ sub? how do I go about downloading it? :o

it's under all games and addons, seems they never added it under playstation plus yet, which is stupid, but it's sony and yes it is free to all plus subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

BordorFox wrote: »
    it's under all games and addons, seems they never added it under playstation plus yet, which is stupid, but it's sony and yes it is free to all plus subscribers.

It's there for me, and has been since the afternoon.

Varik wrote: »
    It's there for me, and has been since the afternoon.

Yeah, it is for me now also but it's a roll out process, and some still haven't gotten it fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

You might have to search for it in the store, I think.
    BordorFox wrote: »

Thanks folks!! Did'nt know I had to go into the store section to get free games.

Looks like I have a few more I can download too.

Result :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Yeah, should be a few free to play games worth installing there too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Yay renewed my plus, its outlast time :D

Sony are selling off their PC/laptop business to another Japanese company (JIP), and their making the TV side a separate business. PlayStation isn't going anywhere and the new company are going to handle all the warranties.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PS4 started acting up after watching a Bluray last night. A few minutes after I turned it off (shut down, not standby), it turned itself on, ejected the disc, then after I took the disc out it kept making noise as if it was ejecting a disc every maybe 20 seconds, and wouldn't allow another disc to be put in.

Looked on Reddit and it says starting the PS4 in safe mode and rebuilding the database might fix it, but if not it'll either have to be sent off or they give a new one.

In fairness, the bluray was Gone in 60 Seconds, so maybe it was just Nic Cage's overacting that caused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Varik wrote: »
    Sony are selling off their PC/laptop business to another Japanese company (JIP), and their making the TV side a separate business. PlayStation isn't going anywhere and the new company are going to handle all the warranties.

Smart move. They have been losing money hand over fist for years now because of their TV and PC businesses. Hopefully, this can lead to some further investment in the PlayStation brand, especially as they saw a 64% increase in revenue in that section of the company due to PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

PS4 started acting up after watching a Bluray last night. A few minutes after I turned it off (shut down, not standby), it turned itself on, ejected the disc, then after I took the disc out it kept making noise as if it was ejecting a disc every maybe 20 seconds, and wouldn't allow another disc to be put in.

Looked on Reddit and it says starting the PS4 in safe mode and rebuilding the database might fix it, but if not it'll either have to be sent off or they give a new one.

In fairness, the bluray was Gone in 60 Seconds, so maybe it was just Nic Cage's overacting that caused it.

This actually happened to me as well. I rang Sony, I had to pretty much reset it to factory settings and then reinstall the firmware. It works fine now. Make sure you have any saves saved to the cloud first if you have to do it though.

Otacon wrote: »
    Smart move. They have been losing money hand over fist for years now because of their TV and PC businesses. Hopefully, this can lead to some further investment in the PlayStation brand, especially as they saw a 64% increase in revenue in that section of the company due to PS4.

Not much of a fan of the laptops but would still rank them higher than a lot of others (HP), but their TV were good and they've had a lot of sets that were the benchmark for quality. The price of them was terrible, hopefully a new company would be pricing a bit better.

Not sure what this could mean to a VR headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Might be of help for anyone like me who has had to return a PS4 and was unable to/forgot to deactivate the console as your 'Primary PS4', you can deactivate all your PSN activated devices from the SEN website:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2616

Note it will deactivate ALL your consoles (PS3/Vita), so you will need to reactivate and redownlaod all your games manually on any other devices that you have. Stupidly if you only want to deactivate one console as your Primary PS4 (what I want to do) you can only do that through the console itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Might be of help for anyone like me who has had to return a PS4 and was unable to/forgot to deactivate the console as your 'Primary PS4', you can deactivate all your PSN activated devices from the SEN website:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2616

Note it will deactivate ALL your consoles (PS3/Vita), so you will need to reactivate and redownlaod all your games manually on any other devices that you have. Stupidly if you only want to deactivate one console as your Primary PS4 (what I want to do) you can only do that through the console itself.

Have you received a replacement yet? I am still waiting since Tuesday last week and I'm very miffed! Rang yesterday and told ring Friday if no sign of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Have you received a replacement yet? I am still waiting since Tuesday last week and I'm very miffed! Rang yesterday and told ring Friday if no sign of it.

Yeah, I bought mine from Argos, called in and they gave me a replacement right there and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Yeah, I bought mine from Argos, called in and they gave me a replacement right there and then.

Ah, I had to ring SONY :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement