Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Ah, I had to ring SONY :(

Balls. :( Who did you buy it from? Did they give you no satisfaction/palm you off to Sony?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Balls. :( Who did you buy it from? Did they give you no satisfaction/palm you off to Sony?

Got it as a launch console from GS, already had hassle so many times from them I just went straight to SONY. They were great to deal with but it seems DPD have dropped the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Does anyone know when Battlefield second assault dlc is coming out? I think that's the one you need for capture the flag.
    Do I have to buy China rising to use this or can I avoid that.?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is Battlefield sorted now? Kinda wanna take a dip into the online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

A recent leak may be the ray of hope for gamers, as a supposed tipster has revealed that the Game of the Year Edition for "The Last of Us" may hit the PS4 as early as summer of 2014.

PlayStation Universe reports that a source has found a poster of Naughty Dog's game coming this July. And if that's not enough, "Beyond: Two Souls" may also get its own GOTY treatment, though neither version has been confirmed by Sony yet.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/537334/20140205/ps4-last-goty-rumour-thief-trailer-assassin.htm#.UvPDKHd_vtg

Huge pinch of salt till confirmed. Although I will be there day one if it a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is Battlefield sorted now? Kinda wanna take a dip into the online.

Some issues like sound dropping and being replaced with looping music in TDM, a bit of lag in large conquest games and the odd spoonful of rubber banding in most gamemodes. But other than that, it works a helluva lot better than it did at release and the first few patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

King Krib wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Battlefield second assault dlc is coming out? I think that's the one you need for capture the flag.
    Do I have to buy China rising to use this or can I avoid that.?

The Xbox had timed exclusivity but that ended a good while ago, they've delay it due to all the bugs that were in the base game that needed to be fixed. The latest patch includes compatibility fixes for Second Assault.

Each DLC can be done on it's own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Does anyone know why all my downloads fail after a few minutes?

Insanely irritating!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

_Redzer_ wrote: »

Insanely irritating!

Mine don't, have you an Eircom Zyxel router by any chance?

Some of them are set to auto time out after a certain amount of time, and can cause that - just throwing it out there as a suggestion....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

_Redzer_ wrote: »

Insanely irritating!

This happens to me too but only if I am running torr... I mean, nevermind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

****ing hell Outlast is terrifying..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

www.twitch.tv/foreveradrone25

Streaming first outlast run!

Come soil yourself with me

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Chapter 7 in Killzone is impossible. I'm after trying it about 30 times and I keep getting killed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

cloud493 wrote: »
    http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/537334/20140205/ps4-last-goty-rumour-thief-trailer-assassin.htm#.UvPDKHd_vtg

Huge pinch of salt till confirmed. Although I will be there day one if it a thing.

They will be playable via the PS4 but only via Playstation Now available june/july in America.

We europeans will not get Playstation Now until 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

BordorFox wrote: »
    They will be playable via the PS4 but only via Playstation Now available june/july in America.

We europeans will not get Playstation Now until 2015.

It will be a port like Tomb Raider that you can physically buy, not a PlayStation Now game, been rumored since December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Yes :P Also outlast is fecking terrifying :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Got my PS4 yesterday. :) Took a while to setup because of my AV setup at home, but all good now.

The only thing I'm (slightly) disappointed in his the L2/R2 buttons. The feel a bit, I dunno, sharp? Or hard? Can't quite put my finger on it (no pun intended). The PS3 and Xbox controllers have a more springy feel to the trigger buttons, this just too small or not enough resistance or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

.ak wrote: »
    Got my PS4 yesterday. :) Took a while to setup because of my AV setup at home, but all good now.

The only thing I'm (slightly) disappointed in his the L2/R2 buttons. The feel a bit, I dunno, sharp? Or hard? Can't quite put my finger on it (no pun intended). The PS3 and Xbox controllers have a more springy feel to the trigger buttons, this just too small or not enough resistance or something.

I much prefer the DS4 to the PS3 controller because the way those buttons are designed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RaZzZz

Outlast reminds me of movies, the use of music is terrifying ! not the actual game ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I much prefer the DS4 to the PS3 controller because the way those buttons are designed :D

Yeah probably just a personal preference thing. I don't like the way they click loudly whenever you fully press them though, kinda get the feeling they'll break easily or something.

Apart from that I love the controller, absolutely the best controller out there in terms of weight, ergonomics and design.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I love Outlast! I was playing it on the hardest difficulty last night. If you die, you start again at the beginning. No saves. Made it past the doctor, out the courtyard and i died collecting the 3 fuses! :mad:

What Made matters worse was there was 1,000 people viewing my livestream trying to do it! :)

Bf14tsvIIAA49uE.jpg

Is Home coming to PS4?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is Home coming to PS4?

You might want to delete your post in case Sony sees it and think it's a good idea.

I take it its not on your most wanted list. I'm just curious. That's all.

I take it its not on your most wanted list. I'm just curious. That's all.

I doubt it is, if it wasn't considered for launch after the amount of time they've got used to it on PS3 then i doubt they want it on PS4.

A lot of things got the Cut to make the PS4 so "cheap" in comparison to the PS3, I'd imagine Home was just one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is Home coming to PS4?

Funny you should say that. I powered up my PS3 and wondered when great ideas like Home and the Singstar ad would appear on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

.ak wrote: »

Give yourself a week or 2 to adjust to the DS4, then go back and play something with the DS3, and prepare to be shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

No Home! I'll keep clicking it instead of the store!

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    It will be a port like Tomb Raider that you can physically buy, not a PlayStation Now game, been rumored since December.

As much as i'd like to say you're right, the Sony Custom Cell Architecture would never allow it to run natively on the PS4 and would need some sort of emulation, whether it be by Play streaming or Hardware emulation which they will only play PS1 and Ps2 games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement