Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

So I decided to try out the PS4's live streaming and I keep getting an error (CE-35340-5). Happens for both twitch or ustream, anyone have this issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

So I decided to try out the PS4's live streaming and I keep getting an error (CE-35340-5). Happens for both twitch or ustream, anyone have this issue?

Seems to be software related, a Network error would have NW in the error code.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I grabbed Battlefield 4 in Smyth's for €54.99. Decent price, and I'm enjoying it a lot, after being a bit sceptical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

When are prices going to come back down to normal €50 levels again. €60-€65 for a game is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I've been thinking about getting one of these for my PS4.
    Any reason why I shouldn't, other that the price?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

To be fair PS3 games began the price creep as well. Just have to shop around a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭lertsnim

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    When are prices going to come back down to normal €50 levels again. €60-€65 for a game is ridiculous

They already are if you are willing to wait a few days for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

A few sites have carried out tests comparing the standard HDD vs Hybrid HDD vs SSD.

The SSD comes out on top obvious but with price taken into account the recommendation is a Hybrid HDD. They are way cheaper and are pretty close to the SSD performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

A few sites have carried out tests comparing the standard HDD vs Hybrid HDD vs SSD.

The SSD comes out on top obvious but with price taken into account the recommendation is a Hybrid HDD. They are way cheaper and are pretty close to the SSD performance.

Also, the one you linked to seems to be 19mm. Not sure that will fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Grayditch wrote: »
    I grabbed Battlefield 4 in Smyth's for €54.99. Decent price, and I'm enjoying it a lot, after being a bit sceptical.

Team deathmatch is class.

• Advertisement

I'm still on the single player. Surprised I'm enjoying the campaign, but it's damn well made.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No games in Conquest for BF4, only Conquest large.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm still on the single player. Surprised I'm enjoying the campaign, but it's damn well made.

Hmm tempted to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had the game since the PS4 launch and haven't tried sp yet as it was very bad at the start with crashes and progression problems.

It's nothing very imaginative, but the shooting mechanics and controls make it fun to just kill loads of dudes in the well made set piece battles. The cinematics are rather enjoyable, too.

Got it for Multiplayer, but yeah. SP a nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MrQuack

Hope this is the right place to post! Recently bought a PS4 and activated the 14 day Playstation Plus trial. My trial is soon to expire and I want to make sure it is not charged to my card as I don't really have the cash to be spending on it at the minute!

So I was wondering if anyone could advise me how to remove my card details or prevent it automatically going onto my card? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MrQuack wrote: »
    Hope this is the right place to post! Recently bought a PS4 and activated the 14 day Playstation Plus trial. My trial is soon to expire and I want to make sure it is not charged to my card as I don't really have the cash to be spending on it at the minute!

So I was wondering if anyone could advise me how to remove my card details or prevent it automatically going onto my card? Cheers

Username > Account Settings > Wallet > Automatically Add Funds to Renew Subscriptions or Pay for Pre-ordered Content

Click on Edit found below that to disable it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Killzone SF multiplayer is frustrating but addicting at the same time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Ok I'm going slightly crazy here. I can't get any sound out of my console. I don't know what I've done but my headphones or my TV don't work. I must have changed a setting but can't for thelife of me figure out what.

Help!!

Ok i got the sound back in the headphones but not the TV. Do i have to change something evertime i want to switch? I know with PS3 there was an option for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

King Krib wrote: »
    Team deathmatch is class.

Are all the bf4 issues fixed at this point? been holding off buying it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

weiland79 wrote: »
    Ok I'm going slightly crazy here. I can't get any sound out of my console. I don't know what I've done but my headphones or my TV don't work. I must have changed a setting but can't for thelife of me figure out what.

Help!!

Ok i got the sound back in the headphones but not the TV. Do i have to change something evertime i want to switch? I know with PS3 there was an option for both.

Have you tried unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it in again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ShaneU wrote: »
    Are all the bf4 issues fixed at this point? been holding off buying it

It's better than it was but I never had any issues with it myself, must be very lucky. There are still some sound issues online from what I see people posting.

No one is reporting it crashing anymore anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I really enjoyed the Singleplayer. Although I had to complete it about seven times as it kept losing saves. Still didn't unlock all the trophies even though I did everything. Multiplayer is amazing imo. I'm not having any problems with it.

Those sound issues mentioned above seem to be just in TDM.

It crashed on me a few time yesterday when I died.

Do any of the DLC packs have story missions?

The only one out on the PS is China Rising. It doesn't have any campaign extras just MP.
    - Maps
    - additional unlockable weapons / gadgets
    - trophies
    - additional game modes (which I haven't played) Air Superiority / Capture the flag
    - battlepacks (you can't get enough battlepacks apparently)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It crashed on me a few time yesterday when I died.

Do any of the DLC packs have story missions?

Do not expect any SP dlc. It would be a huge shock and I imagine the premium community would hate SP content.

Yeah, I wouldn't think there would be any campaign add on, as is just there as a formality but to be fair to Dice, its the most enjoyable campaign-for-the-sake I've played in a while. Enjoyed it more than the Killzone one.

I think that's why I wanted a shooter this month. Bit let down by KZ. Blacklight beta has run its course. No interest in COD ways of doing things.

Yeah, as a BF noob, I'm impressed. Looking forward to getting mauled in MP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

While there are still a lot of issues with BF4 it is still playable until the LAG hits you, then it become unplayable, luckily this is not always the case and we get to have a lot of great games of BF4, as was mentioned we have a good selection of lads playing BF4 on the PS4 from here and elsewhere that use the IRL tag when playing, feel to add myself as my PSN id is the same as my Boards id and jump into some games with us.

I've only had lag maybe twice in over 80 hours online. Both times on Conquest, which left it unplayable. Just left the server and it was fine. I hadn't played much Conquest before the last patch and it was before then it happened.

I had horrible lag/connection issues with Blops 2 which a lot of people didn't seem to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Child of Light is coming out April 30th on the PSN Store, quite quick for a game we only heard about 6 months ago, it will be 1080p/60FPS, looking forward to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement