Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The second HMV closed amazon and all the others upped their prices. You had loads of people on here celebrating the fact that HMV were go with not a clue about how it would affect pricing in the long term

What Amazon you looking at?

Ps3 and Xbox 360 releases have been a solid €35-€40 if you pre order in advance, and only ever tipping €45 on release.

Next gen games as low as €48 if you pre order in advance.

HMV made a good assault on the market trying to set a fixed price of €45 for new releases which had me put all my business there, was happy to even ditch online retailers to buy local.

It's a very simple case of the general public being morons in terms of prices paid in this country. If more people were reluctant to purchase from Gamestop, they would be forced to drop their pricing and create a more competitive pricing and affordable pricing.

Considering their whole empire is built and funded from the profits of second hand games, they can easily afford to drop the RRP of a new title down to about €45 euro without feeling a pinch.

It's a pointless cause as casual gamers, parents and people buying present will continue to shop there at those prices. It'll take a report or study, and for it to go out in papers or national radio before people cop onto it and maybe look elsewhere.

Tesco occasionally have good pricing, I picked up the latest GTa there for €45 on launch day which was a steal. (also reminds me to go play and finish it)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭clancynl

Should Trials not be available for download today? Don't see it in the store...

cloud493 wrote: »
    Might go for one of the lego games today. Can't think of anything else to play.

Fez is savage if you've not played it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

clancynl wrote: »
    Should Trials not be available for download today? Don't see it in the store...

Give it another hour or so, takes a few hours for the store to fully update after lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Its been up for the last hour or so: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/trials-fusion/cid=EP0001-CUSA00230_00-TRIALSFUSION1111

Or select "New Releases" - "New This Week" to see everything.

Also I cant believe there is no online multiplayer, just couch co-op. That's like a core part of the other games, it's insane to omit it.

CombatCow wrote: »
    Its been up for the last hour or so: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/trials-fusion/cid=EP0001-CUSA00230_00-TRIALSFUSION1111

Or select "New Releases" - "New This Week" to see everything.

excellent .. many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

PS4 Update 1.70 Coming Soon
    Introducing: SHAREfactory
    The 1.70 update will enable SHAREfactory, our new rich video editor app for PS4 that makes it easy for you to customize your gameplay videos:

With SHAREfactory, you can now easily combine your captured video clips for editing, personalize them with special effects using filters, transitions, and themes, as well as share them with your friends and social networks. SHAREfactory also allows you to personalize your videos by adding text, stickers, and a set of included audio tracks, as well as video commentary with picture-in-picture capability with PlayStation Camera. It also allows you to import your original music to add to the custom soundtrack for your video.

Take Your Share Anywhere

Once you’re done with your masterpiece, you can easily share your SHAREfactory videos to Facebook, or export them to an external USB storage device to upload them elsewhere, another new feature coming as part of the 1.70 system software update. Other PS4 SHARE enhancements include the ability to change the recording time of your gameplay to shorter increments, the ability to change who you share your clips with on the SHARE screen, and the removal of default saves for screenshots and video clips. In addition to these SHARE enhancements, the 1.70 update will allow you switch off HDCP, enabling you to capture video directly from your HDMI output so you can record and share longer clips of your gameplay sessions — a feature I know many of you have been waiting for. We are excited to see what the PlayStation Nation does with these new social features, and cannot wait to get them into your hands!

Play as Soon as the Game is Released

Providing you with immediate access to your games is a priority designed into PS4, and something we will always strive to make better. We’ve had a great response from PS4 fans about the Play as You Download feature, the snappy load times when launching and playing games, and the general speed and responsiveness of the UI. The 1.70 update adds features to build on this idea and make it faster to play the games you pre-order with an auto pre-download capability, which allows you to pre-download your select pre-ordered game up to several days prior to release. If you have the auto-download feature enabled, it will automatically pre-download your pre-ordered game so you can play as soon as the game is unlocked on release day.
    As I mentioned earlier, some of these features were a direct result of the great feedback we’ve been getting from you, our dedicated gamer community. We enjoy listening to your comments, and encourage you to continue sharing your thoughts with us. And this is just the beginning. We’ve got a lot more coming in PS4 system software update v1.70 and beyond. The PS4 experience will constantly evolve, and new innovative ideas can come from anywhere to ensure the platform continues to deliver the best in gaming and entertainment every time you turn it on.

We’ll have more information to share about new upcoming features for this major system software update as the release approaches, so stay tuned!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/16/ps4-update-1-70-coming-soon-introducing-sharefactory/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Good to see we are getting somewhere but they'd really want to be a bit more forthcoming with a release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Xenji wrote: »

Feck it, that's the US. Doubt we'll be getting the pre-download feature for a good while yet considering we can't even pre-order games as it is.

Solid update, though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Feck it, that's the US. Doubt we'll be getting the pre-download feature for a good while yet considering we can't even pre-order games as it is.

Solid update, though!

We had pre-ordering and loading on PS3 for a long while before the US, GTAV was pre-loadable here and only pre-order-able in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is trials part if ps+ or is it just available to buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It is a standalone game that is not part of PS+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

painful waiting for games to come out. i haven't touched my ps4 in about 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

painful waiting for games to come out. i haven't touched my ps4 in about 2 months.

This reminds me a great response to this statement I read on neogaf today. Surprised people are saying there aren't any games
    These posts make me laugh. I haven't stopped playing my Ps4 since launch which had never happened before in my long history of owning consoles.

At launch it was Knack, Res0gun, Assassins Creed, Need for Speed. Into December I got Killzone, Lego Marvel, then discovered Warframe. In January it was Rayman Legends, Don't Starve, Tomb Raider. In February I discovered War Thunder UK and my Warframe addiction got stronger. Couldn't stop playing it.

Then came last month with MGSV, Infamous, Dead Nation, Towerfall, Fez etc. With playtime going toward Final Fantasy beta and my War Thunder crack addiction.

This month will be final fantasy 14, trials fusion which sold me on the demo and child of light.

Next month is also huge with Transistors, Bound By Flame, MLB The Show and Watch Dogs all hitting.

In 2 months! Just curious, what did you buy it so soon for?

For me Infamous coming out in March was one reason.. and one I assumed many bought it for. That came out last month :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

RasTa wrote: »
    This reminds me a great response to this statement I read on neogaf today. Surprised people are saying there aren't any games

Great response? no way dude.

There's a mix of games sure, but plenty that won't suit everyone which narrows down that list quite a bit. Just reading it myself I was going, shite, ok, i'd play, shite, shite, yeah ok, eh short games but yeah ok....you get the jist, it's no good telling someone that there are games when they're games that person doesn't want to play, I mean the wiiU has games too after all :pac:

These are the pains of the early console adopter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

EA easter sale..

Battlefield 4
    Was €69.99 / $99.95 / £54.99 Now €49.99 / $69.95 / £39.99

Need for Speed Rivals

Both titles will be available at a discount in the PlayStation Store’s Easter Sale from now until April 22nd in Europe.

When I saw BF4 I was hoping for a premium sale.. oh well.

Very tough to call that a sale.. should be at least another tenner off.

tok9 wrote: »
    When I saw BF4 I was hoping for a premium sale.. oh well.

Very tough to call that a sale.. should be at least another tenner off.

it's a terrible sale, but last time i said anything bad about the store and sales i got mobbed here lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

BordorFox wrote: »
    EA easter sale..

Battlefield 4

Need for Speed Rivals

Both titles will be available at a discount in the PlayStation Store’s Easter Sale from now until April 22nd in Europe.

Still 50 quid... Feck off...

I gave BF4 a go at my buddies place on ps4 and I was surprised how "not bad" it was. I might pick it up to play on lazy days. No way I am paying these prices though...

• Advertisement

j7Z0lxq.jpg

Playstation App update 1.70 coming also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I play mine all the time. I'm either easily pleased or just like loads of types of games.

Either way, I'm very happy with my Ps4. And I'd sure as hell moan if I wasn't. I love a good moan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

BF4 is half price for PC at the moment via Origins :O

In fairness barely touched mine also, I put some good time into Ass Creed and Fifa, but with the release of Diablo 3 expansion, coupled with WoW, along with BF4, and then getting through some PS3 backlog, no real time.

That's not to say I'm not liking it, just waiting for a monster game to come out that grabs my attention via multiplayer. Hasnt happened on a console since Halo 3 or the original COD series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Grayditch wrote: »
    I play mine all the time. I'm either easily pleased or just like loads of types of games.

Either way, I'm very happy with my Ps4. And I'd sure as hell moan if I wasn't. I love a good moan.

Well, my buddy played ps3 all the time, it broke down and he got PS4. He is one of those people who play one/two games and never touches anything else. So yeah, he plays BF4 only. He is just mind blown how much better BF4 is better on PS4, playing the living **** out of it.

I barely play my one right now, but I most of it because I am PC gamer. Games that I can play on PS4, I can play on PC. PC versions are just so much better right now too.
    I still think that PS4 is fantastic kit and is a very good deal if you dont have PC and dont want to invest in to PC ( shame on you ).

The other reason that makes me not play on PS4 that much - retarded game prices. Old gen games still can be gotten for nice price if you dont mind waiting for deliveries. On top of that PC games are just so god damn cheaper and more convenient.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,894 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The game prices are to be expected. They'll go down once the install base hits a critical mass and they can profit from lower prices. Either that or wait 6 months when they'll be getting flogged for cheap on online stores.

Or import them now for cheaper prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Looks like GAME.co.uk has found out what we are doing and won't let us use Parcel Motel anymore.

I had the address saved for an instant click but now I get a error "The order was rejected as part of the fraud checks."

Does anyone know if there is a work around?

Murdered: Soul Suspect is on discount there at the moment.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The game prices are to be expected. They'll go down once the install base hits a critical mass and they can profit from lower prices. Either that or wait 6 months when they'll be getting flogged for cheap on online stores.

There's no competition here any more, while the install base has never been higher for the 360 & PS3 the prices are €15-20 more expensive after HMV closed down. You don't even see Tesco doing as many now deals any more.

US prices are comparable between gen at least for first party games from each side but their next gen game will likely drop down to $60 for everything, while we're stuck with paying €65-70 for any Irish retailer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Doublelime

Help. I just bought a PS4 from gamestop and I need to return it. I lost my receipt, but it is completely unopened and sealed. What can I do now?

Doublelime wrote: »
    Help. I just bought a PS4 from gamestop and I need to return it. I lost my receipt, but it is completely unopened and sealed. What can I do now?

Why would you buy something that you need to return straight away/ Without the receipt you're out of luck unless you paid by credit card and even then there's nothing to say that you will get your money back. GameStop are legally entitled simply to offer you a credit note as there's nothing wrong with the console and you simply changed your mind.

• Advertisement

Why would you buy something that you need to return straight away/ Without the receipt you're out of luck unless you paid by credit card and even then there's nothing to say that you will get your money back. GameStop are legally entitled simply to offer you a credit note as there's nothing wrong with the console and you simply changed your mind.

It was supposed to be a present but he already has one

It was supposed to be a present but he already has one

Best bet is to go in and explain it to them. May get a sympathetic employee or manager but I wouldn't hold my breath. Best advice for future is to always pay by card if you can for something like a PS4. That way if you lose the receipt you can still prove that it was bought when and where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Was thinking about pre ordering Watch dogs from videogamesplus.ca
    Seeing as will only cost about 45 euro but its the delivery that has me thinking otherwise. For anyone whos ordered from there already when did they get there stock. I know i asked this already but im asking again :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Was thinking about pre ordering Watch dogs from videogamesplus.ca
    Seeing as will only cost about 45 euro but its the delivery that has me thinking otherwise. For anyone whos ordered from there already when did they get there stock. I know i asked this already but im asking again :pac:.
    Took 13 days for me last month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

If you don't mind downloading you could always buy it off the US psn store. Should be around €45 ish when converted.

I done that with MGS: Ground Zero.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    If you don't mind downloading you could always buy it off the US psn store. Should be around €45 ish when converted.

Do u need to have an American account or?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Do u need to have an American account or?

Yes.
    That's how you download on the US psn.

Same if you want to download a Japanese game, you need a Japanese account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Vgp have a good ps4 sale. A couple of the games are 40 Canadian dollars which works out around 26 Euros. Don't know how much delivery is

F1ngers wrote: »
    Yes.
    That's how you download on the US psn.

Same if you want to download a Japanese game, you need a Japanese account.

So if I already have my account set up to be Irish can it be changed? Or would I need to set up a new one and start over?

Is it just as simple as changing address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So if I already have my account set up to be Irish can it be changed? Or would I need to set up a new one and start over?

I just made a new account. Just make sure to use a US address.
    You can then just switch accounts back after downloading it and play on your irish one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Such a shame Irish retailers are overcharging so much. I was always trying to resist buying online if I could, but its stupid to pay €70 for a game when its €50 on amazon or wherever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 sxejim

agreed, the infamous second son is 60 quid at argos 70 at gamestop but under 55 on amazon. How can irelands largest video game retailer afford to markup their products that much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Such a shame Irish retailers are overcharging so much. I was always trying to resist buying online if I could, but its stupid to pay €70 for a game when its €50 on amazon or wherever.

Fúck them. If they die out here it'd be because of their own greed. I'd be completely unsympathetic because they'd have brought it on themselves

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got ff xiv during the week and I'm enjoying it,I was playing it last night on the vita via remote play.I take it when your playing a game via remote play your streaming thus eating up data?only reason I ask is because I have a monthly cap :o.

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Could you use a Canadian account instead because their currency is weaker.

• Advertisement

If there's nothing wrong with it they don't have to take it at all.

sxejim wrote: »
    agreed, the infamous second son is 60 quid at argos 70 at gamestop but under 55 on amazon. How can irelands largest video game retailer afford to markup their products that much?

Remember that amazon are in a far better bargaining position than the others. It also doesn't have the huge over heads that Smyths, GameStop and Argos have. Amazon and Tesco are so big that they can pretty much go to distributors and tell them the price they will be paying, if distributor doesn't agree then they lose out on a huge market.

By all means shop around and I can't recall the last time I paid full price for any game but remember that soon as a store goes under amazon suddenly become far less competitive when they raise the prices of everything. Remember when all those idiots were toasting the demise of HMV and saying that they deserved to go under. About 10 minutes after HMV announced they were going under all games, music and films shot up in price on amazon and prices have yet to come down. A year and a half ago a big release Blu-Ray on amazon would be £12-15. Now it's generally £17 and in some cases above that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

But gamestop also went up. Its stupid for them to charge €70 for a new release. Buy it cheaper somewhere else or wait till it goes a wee bit cheaper, like everything does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I made a promise to myself to never buy a game from an Irish retailer ever again! Naively I once thought I was helping out my local stores, but harsh experience has thought me it ain't worth crap when you get the shaft with ridiculous prices and even worse customer support!

Don't forget the xtravision pre order fiasco and GameStop not allowing online orders to upgrade to bundles.

VGP, US PSN and Amazon are the only places getting my money and SONY still gets paid either way.

Setup a brand new account and use an American address. Use a state with no sales tax. If you have problems getting a credit/debit card to work then buy PSN credit from www.amazon.com. They will give you the code there and then.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement