Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

I dont find it that slow, just hard to find stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone get Octodad?

Had a load of fun with it. Thought it would be a bit longer but it did have me smiling for the whole game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone get Octodad?

Had a load of fun with it. Thought it would be a bit longer but it did have me smiling for the whole game.

Yeah. I find it quite relaxing, which is not the vibe I thought I'd get off it. It's also hilarious, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Just turned off automatic removal. Was piss easy. Just go to options and press button. :confused:

I know about xbox live renewal though. Fecking piss take. You can sub easily on xbox, but you need to call them to cancel it...

So yeah, I sow 10eu per month thing and I was like: NOPE. I though it was 5.99eu for some reason. That deal 3 months for 3eu is still good. Maybe there will be another deal by the time 3 month expire. :P
    Considering how cheap PS+ is and how much of a value it is, music unlimited is a robbery at 10eu. they should bundle in Music unlimited or something.

log onto xbox.com , go to your account, click remove credit card, or click auto renew off
    you don't have to ring anyone ? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    log onto xbox.com , go to your account, click remove credit card, or click auto renew off
    you don't have to ring anyone ? :pac:

That's most likely new thing. Back then they removed the button to do that. Mind you I have not been near xbox way over a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yeah it's a new thing not having to ring them anymore. Only US customers had the option to un sub online before they brought it out for everyone after alot of complaints.

I remember going for a job which was to try change people's minds on the phone about cancelling Xbox Live subscriptions. Didn't get it though, and I don't think I would have been very good at it. PsPlus I could sell, though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Finally decided to pick one up. Spent last night playing Ground Zeroes. Was quite enjoyable even if it was a bit pricey. Enjoying the system its self although I don't think I will buy to many digital games. The download speeds on PSN are very painful so far. Spent half the day downloading 3 gigs of metal gear and felt if I was doing it on steam or xbox live it would have been done in 30 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Finally decided to pick one up. Spent last night playing Ground Zeroes. Was quite enjoyable even if it was a bit pricey. Enjoying the system its self although I don't think I will buy to many digital games. The download speeds on PSN are very painful so far. Spent half the day downloading 3 gigs of metal gear and felt if I was doing it on steam or xbox live it would have been done in 30 mins

I think that may be an issue with your connection.

The general consensus here is that PSN download speeds are much improved now, on a par with the formats you mention. Personally, I have been impressed with the download speeds I have seen and I buy every game digitally. I have close to 20 already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,756 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've had seriously slow speeds on Vita and PS3 for the last day or two, could be an issue with PSN.

I've had seriously slow speeds on Vita and PS3 for the last day or two, could be an issue with PSN.

Ah. I haven't downloaded anything since late last week so maybe there is a temporary issue going on then.

A new trailer was released today for DRIVECLUB, alongside the news that the release date for the game is now the 8th October (presumably the 7th in the US).

cookie-monster.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had no interest in drive club but that looks really cool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I got Battlefield Premium last week and the 3 add ons totalled about 12Gig, took me just over 24 hours to download them on a 20MB connection, thats madness and must have to do with the PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I hope we still get DriveClub as a PS+ trial, after everything that has gone on with the game it is not gonna be a Day 1 purchase for me, but if the the PS+ version is good I will get the full game.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    I hope we still get DriveClub as a PS+ trial, after everything that has gone on with the game it is not gonna be a Day 1 purchase for me, but if the the PS+ version is good I will get the full game.

The PS+ version will be a stripped down one but apparently you can earn a Platinum trophy with it so it shouldn't be too bare of content.

Otacon wrote: »
    The PS+ version will be a stripped down one but apparently you can earn a Platinum trophy with it so it shouldn't be too bare of content.

Yeah, thankfully with driving games even if you just were given one car and one track you would have a fairly good idea of if you liked the game or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Bought MGS HD Collection for the Vita last night....3GB...3-4 hours estimated download. Couldn't play it, maybe I'll get to play it tonight. It's really poor for a big company like Sony. You go to a random file-sharing site and you get max-speed all the time. It's not a difficult problem to solve.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Child of light shipped from amazon and is on the way to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Rent a server is available now for Battlefield 4 on PS4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I got Battlefield Premium last week and the 3 add ons totalled about 12Gig, took me just over 24 hours to download them on a 20MB connection, thats madness and must have to do with the PSN

Took me about 35 mins to download each map pack on a 120mb connection. I get 26mb/s when i do a connection test,but download at about 5-6mb/s. Much improved over PS3 for me.

Guess its to do with exchanges and the route your connection takes to servers/datacentres

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

CombatCow wrote: »

That sounds pretty class... it even sounds like it could be reasonably priced.

I wonder if this is Sony experimenting with digital sales.

Also that trailer looks really good.. for someone who isn't particularly interested in driving games, I'm intrigued.

Update 1.70 will be rolling out later today.
    SHAREfactory: After you update your PS4 to v1.70, an icon to download our free SHAREfactory app will appear on your PS4 system’s home screen once it’s available. Once installed, SHAREfactory allows you to easily customize your gameplay videos with special effects, video commentary with picture-in-picture capability through PlayStation Camera, and custom soundtracks using the included audio tracks or your original music imported from a USB drive. You can then share your videos on Facebook or export them to an external USB storage device. The app is packed with plenty of cool, but accessible, tools. It’s simple enough to use for beginning editors, while functioning as a rich video editor for those with more creative aspirations. Check out our new SHAREfactory video that provides a walkthrough of what you can expect:

Automatic Pre-download: No more waiting until after a game is released to start downloading select pre-ordered games from PlayStation Store. This new feature allows you to get to your games faster by automatically downloading select pre-ordered games up to several days in advance of the release, so that it’s ready to play as soon as the game is released on launch day. There’s also a countdown timer prior to the release of the game so you’ll know how soon your game will be available for you to start playing.

Option to Disable HDCP for Games: This highly requested feature will allow you to have the option to turn off HDCP for games so you can capture longer gameplay sessions directly from your HDMI output and export them elsewhere.

USB Export Option for Captured Gameplay: It’s now even easier to show off your heroic gaming moments and the SHAREfactory videos you create with the world using this feature to export your videos and screenshots to a USB drive. Just click on the DUALSHOCK 4 SHARE button, save your gameplay on a USB drive, and then share your proudest achievements on other social networks and other video platforms.

Live Broadcasting in HD and Archiving Support: We’ve increased the resolution for live broadcasts so you and your friends can watch games livestreamed in 720p HD. You can also archive your broadcasts on Twitch or Ustream and watch them again later.

New SHARE Options: We’ve got a number of new SHARE settings that will give you better control of what you want to share with your friends. Here is what you can look forward to:
    Change the default gameplay recording time in the SHARE menu under Video Clip Settings.
    Save only the video clips and screenshots you want by selecting Upload Screenshots or Upload Video Clips for each capture. Also upload video clips and screenshots during your live gameplay broadcasts.
    Select specific Facebook audiences to share each video or screenshot with.

New DUALSHOCK 4 Options: New light bar settings have been added for DUALSHOCK 4, allowing you to change it to Bright, Medium or Dim in the Settings menu. The touchpad has also been updated, allowing you to navigate the on-screen keyboard using the DUALSHOCK 4 touchpad.

New Friends Options: It’s now easier to find Friends and send requests with the ability to search Friends-of-Friends, view Mutual Friends on another user’s profile, and accept Friend requests directly from the Friends list.

New Trophies Sort Option: You can now sort Trophies by rarity in the Options menu.

PlayStation Store Payment Support: Similar to PS3, we’re introducing Alternative Payment Methods (APMs) for PS4 for content purchased on PS Store, starting with PayPal support.

More PlayStation Camera Commands: More voice commands are added to PlayStation Camera, allowing you to launch the apps installed on your PS4 with the sound of your voice.

New PlayStation Plus Icon: For Plus members, you’ll now have the PS Plus icon appear next to your SEN ID on the login screen, home screen and other areas across the PS4 system’s sleek user interface.

Music Unlimited SHARE Options: With a Music Unlimited subscription, you can easily share your favorite songs with your friends by pressing the SHARE button on your DUALSHOCK 4.

PS4 Link Update for Remote Play: Linking your PS4 and PS Vita together will now be easier with the 3.15 update for PS Vita. It’ll enable Automatic Device Registration, which will automatically detect and pair both systems when they’re both online and the same user is signed in to both devices. This makes it even quicker for you to get started on Remote Play or access other second screen features.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/29/major-ps4-system-update-out-tomorrow-updates-for-ps-vita-and-ps-app/

Video to USB, then presumably Youtube?! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, the Vita off screen play works through wireless network or directly between ps4 and vita? It works very poor for me even of ps4 and vita are not that far away from each other ( different rooms and router is between them)

Guys, the Vita off screen play works through wireless network or directly between ps4 and vita? It works very poor for me even of ps4 and vita are not that far away from each other ( different rooms and router is between them)

It can work on either, you have to set it in the ps4 remote play options.

1.70 is available to download now, also vita firmware 3.15.

SHAREfactory is on the store now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hopefully dimming the light bar increases battery life on the DS4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Dimming the light bar is a great option, I'm definitely setting it to dim.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

God dam it, me and one of the lads were playing Don't Starve, I was on day 165+ and he had 60+.

Both our save games are now blank and no idea why. Anyone any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hopefully dimming the light bar increases battery life on the DS4

I'd really doubt it. They're LEDs. They're already extremely efficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

jonny24ie wrote: »
    God dam it, me and one of the lads were playing Don't Starve, I was on day 165+ and he had 60+.

Both our save games are now blank and no idea why. Anyone any ideas?

Restore from cloud save?

Some sweet PSN discounts today. Gonna pick up Luftrausers on the vita myself.

RangeR wrote: »
    Restore from cloud save?

How do you do that? I will give it a bash when I get home :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Some sweet PSN discounts today. Gonna pick up Luftrausers on the vita myself.

Had Rayman been cheaper on PS4 I would have snapped it up, oh well....

1.70 is available to download now, also vita firmware 3.15.

SHAREfactory is on the store now

Some stealth updates in PS4's 1.70 update, according to NeoGAF
    -Notifications: New notification type: From PlayStation.
    -System: Multi user login with a single DS4.
    -System: No more log in screen when reconnecting the DS4
    -System: When a game crashes you can now chose to attach a video clip in the feedback
    -Settings: Option to enable sending in the crash reports automatically.
    -Settings - Audio: You can now force the PS4 to output 5.1 channel audio over HDMI even if it detects 7.1 channel support.
    -Settings - Video: Deep Colour Output.
    -Share: Upload multiple screenshots to Facebook at the same time.
    -Streaming: Comments/viewers notifications when you are in a full screen streaming.
    -Streaming: You can still upload screenshots/video while broadcasting.
    -Streaming: You can view comments without having to switch streaming modes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

These updates are no use to me, give me the updates so I can stream from TV sites, this is the most needed update.

:confused:

• Advertisement

PS4 desperately needs media playback capabilities of the PS3.

Let me play local and NAS DivX.
    Let me play from a DNLA server.
    Let me play my own music and not from Unlimited subscription.
    Would be fuppin brilliant to have Google Music and Spotify apps but this is VERY unlikely in their walled garden.

[RangeR]

PS4 desperately needs media playback capabilities of the PS3.

Let me play local and NAS DivX.
    Let me play from a DNLA server.
    Let me play my own music and not from Unlimited subscription.
    Would be fuppin brilliant to have Google Music and Spotify apps but this is VERY unlikely in their walled garden.

Why does it though?

Your own music, I get - I'd say that will be very soon tbh....

I don't get why people want their 400 quid consoles to do all that stuff, if it is so important you should not have gotten rid of your PS3, or just plug your laptop into the TV?

I use Google Music over Unlimited also and I know it's never gonna be on PS4, tried it through the browser and it did not work either.... (I have a Chromecast that does that anyway)

DivX rips? I can't remember the last time I downloaded one personally, most dl's in most cases are MKV or .H264 these days...

I have a decent enough TV that I plug my external Hd into for rips and dls, no cinavia bull****, everything works...

I'm sure DNLA will come down the line, I wouldn't expect it til at least E3 or at least an announcement about it then...

I don't mean this post to sound antagonistic but a lot of this stuff you need can be done via a 50 quid Android TV dongle or laptop or trusty PS3... :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,756 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

TBH, I can't imagine Sony's main priority is to allow people to play their illegally downloaded video content. And further TBH, one can hardly blame them.

Fieldog wrote: »
    [RangeR]

Why does it though?

Your own music, I get - I'd say that will be very soon tbh....

I don't get why people want their 400 quid consoles to do all that stuff, if it is so important you should not have gotten rid of your PS3, or just plug your laptop into the TV?

I use Google Music over Unlimited also and I know it's never gonna be on PS4, tried it through the browser and it did not work either.... (I have a Chromecast that does that anyway)

DivX rips? I can't remember the last time I downloaded one personally, most dl's in most cases are MKV or .H264 these days...

I have a decent enough TV that I plug my external Hd into for rips and dls, no cinavia bull****, everything works...

I'm sure DNLA will come down the line, I wouldn't expect it til at least E3 or at least an announcement about it then...

I don't mean this post to sound antagonistic but a lot of this stuff you need can be done via a 50 quid Android TV dongle or laptop or trusty PS3... :)

I've used the Android Dongles. They are, in effect, shoite and finicky [compared to PS3/4]. I also have a PS3 and 90% of it's use is audio/video playback.

I want the PS4 to be a totally capable Home Entertainment device, not just games and.or paywall. If I wanted that, I'd get an iDevice *shudder*

In short..... I want my 400 quid console to do all that stuff.

TBH, I can't imagine Sony's main priority is to allow people to play their illegally downloaded video content. And further TBH, one can hardly blame them.

I'm sure Sony and the motion picture association really don't want all these type of files being played back on the console...

I'm old enough though to remember the initial fear of divx ruining the cinema industry and flash forward a few years after and your DVD player and consoles ended up supporting it....

I remember around the PS2 era spending 80 quid on a dvd player from US that did Divx just so I could watch episodes of south park and family guy... :)

I wish they would do the same for MKV but its a dodgy Russian codec.... ;-)

RangeR wrote: »
    I've used the Android Dongles. They are, in effect, shoite and finicky [compared to PS3/4]. I also have a PS3 and 90% of it's use is audio/video playback.

I want the PS4 to be a totally capable Home Entertainment device, not just games and.or paywall. If I wanted that, I'd get an iDevice *shudder*

In short..... I want my 400 quid console to do all that stuff.

Horses for courses man, I don't want or need my games machine to be an all in one entertainment centre, if I did, I would have bought an Xbox One... (*Shudders*)

The Android dongles have really come along in the last couple of months, initially with the 256/512mb of the early MK808 type models they were horrible to use, so slow!

The newer variants with 2 or 3gb of Ram are decent when combined with a proper wireless mouse and keyboard (not the shoddy remote Bluetooth yokes you can buy for them)

Bang a custom Rom and remove all the Chinese stuff and you have a very capable little machine for your NAS stuff...

Edit : just to add, for DNLA try Plex with PS4, and use it through browser...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

none of those updates are of any use to me either, still missing resume/pause downloads, show friend notifications on sign-in and of course all the usb stuff. A few extra apps would have been nice as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Gonzo wrote: »
    none of those updates are of any use to me either, still missing resume/pause downloads, show friend notifications on sign-in and of course all the usb stuff. A few extra apps would have been nice as well.

Yeah, nothing of interest for me in that update either. The PS4 just feels underwhelming to me right now. People getting excited about a few bread&butter features that we should of had from day 1. A tune In and Youtube app wouldn't hurt though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

nocoverart wrote: »
    Yeah, nothing of interest for me in that update either. The PS4 just feels underwhelming to me right now. People getting excited about a few bread&butter features that we should of had from day 1. A tune In and Youtube app wouldn't hurt though.

Dimming the DS4's lightbar is a great feature, hopefully wont have to charge it so often.. and theres that "deep color output" option that sounds good, will have to see if it does anything on my TV.

But seriously, if the PS4 feels underwhelming to you, no firmware update feature is going to make a difference. we need more games.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Horses for courses man, I don't want or need my games machine to be an all in one entertainment centre, if I did, I would have bought an Xbox One... (*Shudders*)

You know little about the xbox one then, as it has similar media functionality to the ps4 - limited. :pac:

The media side of things isn't at all a deal breaker for me, but I'm coming more from an energy usage point of view - it makes very little sense to use something as power hungry as the ps4/xbox one just to play some vids.

Dimming the DS4's lightbar is a great feature, hopefully wont have to charge it so often.. and theres that "deep color output" option that sounds good, will have to see if it does anything on my TV.

But seriously, if the PS4 feels underwhelming to you, no firmware update feature is going to make a difference. we need more games.

The LED on the lightbar consumes something like .05ma of power, so even dimming it won't make a bit of a blind bit of difference to battery life, theoretically the LED inside could last 500 hours if the controller wasn't doing anything else...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement