Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

PlayStation ‏@PlayStation 2m
    We are aware that some of you are having issues accessing PSN, and we're working to restore service to all. Thank you for your patience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Liamario wrote: »
    Not just you Jambo ;-(

I guessed as much thought they where all for little Johnny on Christmas Day, hope it's back tomorrow need to get back to war thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So I guess you are ome of those 0.3% so lol!

Some of those trophies are damn brutal, like never to die! I guess if you get shocked by owl it does not count as death, but I remember so many random deaths I had that I bet I would nor be able to do it! :( how did you do it? Do you have to do it one sitting or you can just exit anytime? Can it be done on any difficulty?

That trophy is simpler than it seems, you can replay each level and each section in the levels with the game tracking the lowest run for each section.

For me I rarely died so it's a lot of 0 with the exception of the train mission where I fell of every ledge and got hit by almost every train.

I'm doing the collectible which for as for most Killzone game are really important.

Spoiler for past games and not Shadow fall.
    Also considering that stahl (Killzone 3 big bad) was the one who made the super weapon that destroyed Helgan and that is was on it's way to Earth before being blow up in orbit the Vektans and Earth were rather generous and humane. Found newspapers which call the characters from 2 & 3 war criminals and blame the terracide (new favourite Sci-Fi term) fully on them rather aggravating so I've a hard time sympathizing the the Helgast as a whole with the exception of shown in the slums and Echo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Panic over they heard me it's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

Fairly bored of Fifa already :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

mileslow wrote: »
    Fairly bored of Fifa already :(

I'm actually finding it to be the most enjoyable FIFA yet. Could all change in a week or two though, when kick-ball-in-net becomes repetitive. Ultimate team is fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PS4-Pla...=playstation+4 if anybody is still up theres only 1 megapack left go quick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just placed an order for Tearaway on Amazon for £7.

Amazon sent me a voucher for £10 off ACIV on the PS4 yesterday because I bought my PS4 with them. I contacted them and told them that I already had ACIV and asked if I could apply it to another order. They said sure thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Will ye guys be connecting via ethernet our wifi, like my ps4 will be a good bit away with four walls between it and the router so thinking might have to get a good ethernet cable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

astonaidan wrote: »
    Will ye guys be connecting via ethernet our wifi, like my ps4 will be a good bit away with four walls between it and the router so thinking might have to get a good ethernet cable

If you have to get a cable more than 30ft I would be more inclined to bring the router closer to your PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Yeah a 30ft cable would be pretty hazardous. Have you considered these Powerline Adaptors?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Klair88 wrote: »
    Yeah a 30ft cable would be pretty hazardous. Have you considered these Powerline Adaptors?

I tried one of these and ended up with worse speeds than just connecting via wifi. I put a post up about it in the networking forum looking for some suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Has any tested buying games from the US store and using your Irish PS+ account for everything else? Realise it should be fairly straight forward but Interested to know if its a viable long term option. Are there any hitches etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

I just placed an order for Tearaway on Amazon for £7.

Amazon sent me a voucher for £10 off ACIV on the PS4 yesterday because I bought my PS4 with them. I contacted them and told them that I already had ACIV and asked if I could apply it to another order. They said sure thing.

Damn i just gave my code away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    If you have to get a cable more than 30ft I would be more inclined to bring the router closer to your PS4.
    Plan on wiring it through the attic, moving the router not really an option

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Has any tested buying games from the US store and using your Irish PS+ account for everything else? Realise it should be fairly straight forward but Interested to know if its a viable long term option. Are there any hitches etc.?

Yup works perfect. Dlc doesn't though unless it's American game and American dlc

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Yup works perfect. Dlc doesn't though unless it's American game and American dlc

That seems like such a good route to go down then. Would be saving a lot. And I can't really foresee any problems apart from being committed to digital and maybe server issues for multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 thedeadp0et

Cant remember getting an answer on this so I'll post again:

If I order a PS4 now whens the chances of me actually recieving it?

I've heard about waiting lists etc and so I'm looking for the best place to buy so I'll get it the least amount of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

I was in Gamestop today in Galway and they said if you pre ordered now, there's a good chance they would have a console for you before Christmas. Apparently they have filled all their pre-orders. Dont know if that is the same around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

I've heard about waiting lists etc and so I'm looking for the best place to buy so I'll get it the least amount of time.

Follow the 'Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order' thread and you can get one today if you're quick enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Follow the 'Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order' thread and you can get one today if you're quick enough.

Indeed you can. Walked into Gamestop in Ballincollig at lunchtime and bought one with no preorder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

astonaidan wrote: »

get homeplugs, simple, tidy and great solution

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The sooner they patch in the Sony headphones the better.. I can barely hear people when I'm in a party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

tok9 wrote: »
    The sooner they patch in the Sony headphones the better.. I can barely hear people when I'm in a party.

A rep. from Sony said early January for the Elite headset support.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

jenjenten wrote: »
    A rep. from Sony said early January for the Elite headset support.

I have the older pair.. the first model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

tok9 wrote: »
    I have the older pair.. the first model.

USB support is coming too along with CD, MP3 and DLNA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Watching the hobbit on Netflix now, is the quality that bad or am I just spoiled by blu ray?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Watching the hobbit on Netflix now, is the quality that bad or am I just spoiled by blu ray?

If it's kind of blurred then it's just the Internet and Netflix not getting along at that time. If it's not blurry then you are spoiled by blu ray :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

_Redzer_ wrote: »

Most people have been saying that the quality of video on the Netflix app is
    superior on the PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I'm a few mins in and the quality seems to have improved. It's grand tbh, not as good as blu ray but fairly decent all the same

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement