Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Those wonderful bastards at Video Games Plus have completely overhauled their site, and it looks great. More importantly, they now offer multiple different shipping options, so it should make it an even more affordable and preferable way to get your hands on PS3, Vita and PS4 games at glorious North American prices :)https://www.videogamesplus.ca/index.php

The new DHL and Fed Ex delivery charges are €23.50 and €27.00 per game to Ireland, so your looking at about €63.00-€67.00 for a PS4 game and €50 for a Vita game, thankfully they still have the snail mail for €5.00, the new site does look very well and I like the points system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Had some issues with the PS4 recently. Always when I just turn it on and the Wolfenstein disc is in the console.

It doesn't seem to recognise the disc, then the console crashes and all I can do is turn it off via the PS button. But it doesn't fully power down. I've left it for 5 minutes but it's still partially on (white power line down the centre of the machine).

I have to pull the power, which is never a good idea. It then starts up in safe mode telling me not to do that again. Couple of times it was totally dead and wouldn't reboot but was only a matter of leaving it a minute or two.
    Happened maybe 4 times but it's working fine otherwise.

Doesn't seem good though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Had some issues with the PS4 recently. Always when I just turn it on and the Wolfenstein disc is in the console.

It doesn't seem to recognise the disc, then the console crashes and all I can do is turn it off via the PS button. But it doesn't fully power down. I've left it for 5 minutes but it's still partially on (white power line down the centre of the machine).

I have to pull the power, which is never a good idea. It then starts up in safe mode telling me not to do that again. Couple of times it was totally dead and wouldn't reboot but was only a matter of leaving it a minute or two.
    Happened maybe 4 times but it's working fine otherwise.

Doesn't seem good though. :(

I actually had that issue for the first time last week with Assassins creed. I too had to unplug the PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Those wonderful bastards at Video Games Plus have completely overhauled their site, and it looks great. More importantly, they now offer multiple different shipping options, so it should make it an even more affordable and preferable way to get your hands on PS3, Vita and PS4 games at glorious North American prices :)https://www.videogamesplus.ca/index.php

Probably been asked a zillion times but do NA games work for us out of the box? Or do you have to tinker with them to get them to work?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

.ak wrote: »
    Probably been asked a zillion times but do NA games work for us out of the box? Or do you have to tinker with them to get them to work?

They do but you have to get the dlc off the american store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Gave in and bought Watchdogs off VGP. With buying that and buying the Borderlands vita bundle last week I'm officially broke :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Gave in and bought Watchdogs off VGP. With buying that and buying the Borderlands vita bundle last week I'm officially broke :P

On tge fence myself about watchdogs, one minute im buying it, the next im looking at the gameplay and going naaah.

Don't know what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

hallo dare wrote: »
    On tge fence myself about watchdogs, one minute im buying it, the next im looking at the gameplay and going naaah.

Don't know what to do.

Don't blame you, i have it a week and already trying to get rid of it.

might swap it for wolfenstein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

BordorFox wrote: »
    Don't blame you, i have it a week and already trying to get rid of it.

might swap it for wolfenstein.

I have killzone, (you do to probably) if you fancy swapping with a few quid your way also.

• Advertisement

hallo dare wrote: »
    I have killzone, (you do to probably) if you fancy swapping with a few quid your way also.

Yeah i already have killzone, got it for €1 lol

Yeah i wanna try wolfenstein, should have just gotten that instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So I got my Ps4 today! And I've two questions 1.Is there anyway to check the battery percent without holding down the ps button
    2.how does the touch pad work? Can I use it scroll through menus cause it doesn't seem to be working for me
    Cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

1: I think that is the only way.

2: The button can be used in certain games. Some games it might open a map and in others it has a few uses such as draw a square and it will create a box etc.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    1: I think that is the only way.

2: The button can be used in certain games. Some games it might open a map and in others it has a few uses such as draw a square and it will create a box etc.

Ah that kinda sucked, it would be nice if it went a certain colour when fully charged or something similar,

Yeah I got it to work in Watch Dogs, can it not be used to scroll through menus on the home screen?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yeah I got it to work in Watch Dogs, can it not be used to scroll through menus on the home screen?

Ive never tried the home screen but I wouldnt say it works really.

Ive never tried the home screen but I wouldnt say it works really.

Alright man nice one anyway, would you know if I could update squads in FIFA using a USB?cause I ain't got Internet acces in my home but I could download them using my gf's pc?

• Advertisement

I had a quick look online and I cant access pages that say they have the update file but im sure you can do it that way. Get the ps4 system updates aswell while your in the gf's :) also you really should get a PS+ Sub for your 2 free games every month.

I had a quick look online and I cant access pages that say they have the update file but im sure you can do it that way. Get the ps4 system updates aswell while your in the gf's :) also you really should get a PS+ Sub for your 2 free games every month.

Alright ill have a look later on, nice one :) ill be getting PS + when I get wifi back on :)

Well if you do get the PS+ now, you can use the login on a PC and get all your free games redeemed to your account every month so you can get all your Vita/PS3/PS4 games :)

Well if you do get the PS+ now, you can use the login on a PC and get all your free games redeemed to your account every month so you can get all your Vita/PS3/PS4 games :)

I didn't even think of that lol thank you :)

No problem, new games were released for June yesterday so a few weeks to pick them up. Keep an eye on the PS+ thread in here and youll see any work around offers like Killzone for 99 cent etc when they pop up.

• Advertisement

No problem, new games were released for June yesterday so a few weeks to pick them up. Keep an eye on the PS+ thread in here and youll see any work around offers like Killzone for 99 cent etc when they pop up.

Will do , cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Remember on PS+ don't just limit yourself to the PS4 games - you never know if you'll pick up a cheap PS3 or a vita sometime in the future. If you do then you'll have a great catalog of games saved up - although thinking on this I bought the vita because I had the catalog built up. On the plus side it is great to remote play some of the freebies with...

Welcome to the team ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Watch_Dogs is class, don't understand the hate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It really improves when you start to learn it's ways and the story gets great after a few hours. Actually really like the ganme and in was very skeptical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Open world games are very subjective I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimeTimee

Do you guys thing playstation now will work properly in ireland, with a good internet connection (50 down 20 up)? I have a ps3 but the only games I played on it was cod and battlefield and literally nothing else besides rockstar games. I want to play uncharted and the other cool games without buying them. Game click seems like it closed down too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

LimeTimee wrote: »
    Do you guys thing playstation now will work properly in ireland, with a good internet connection (50 down 20 up)? I have a ps3 but the only games I played on it was cod and battlefield and literally nothing else besides rockstar games. I want to play uncharted and the other cool games without buying them. Game click seems like it closed down too.

We will have to wait and see how it works first in the US, I hope your not in a rush to use it over here as it does not have a EU release date as of yet.

Watch_Dogs is class, don't understand the hate?

Just because i don't like a game, doesn't mean i hate it, if we were all zombies loving the same games all the time, their wouldn't be much diversity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

BordorFox wrote: »
    Just because i don't like a game, doesn't mean i hate it, if we were all zombies loving the same games all the time, their wouldn't be much diversity.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Been playing watch dogs and loving it more that gtav, only one major gripe and that is I am fed up looking at Aidens coat and attire. I wish i could customise his character more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Been playing watch dogs and loving it more that gtav, only one major gripe and that is I am fed up looking at Aidens coat and attire. I wish i could customise his character more!

That will probably be the big update for watchdogs 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I've got a PS+ subscription. How do you actually do this ? I've logged on to PSN on PC and it's not immediately obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

TinCool wrote: »
    I've got a PS+ subscription. How do you actually do this ? I've logged on to PSN on PC and it's not immediately obvious.

Enter the redeem code. All instructions came with the pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

TinCool wrote: »

Login here and place the games into your cart that you want ,and then complete the cart. Your games are then in your download list for future downloads.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/home/games

Is there any way to disconnect from a wifi connection? Like I connected up to a dongle thing just to get updates but there doesn't seem to be any option to disconnect from this connection anybody know how or what to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there any way to disconnect from a wifi connection? Like I connected up to a dongle thing just to get updates but there doesn't seem to be any option to disconnect from this connection anybody know how or what to do?

Turn off "connect to internet" in your system settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

LimeTimee wrote: »
    Do you guys thing playstation now will work properly in ireland, with a good internet connection (50 down 20 up)?

It'll work fine as long as your not in the sticks with a ****ty internet connection (like me :( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not liking War Thunder now, both in the air and on the ground.

Russian tank reserves have a gun 2x the size of the Germans, and the update from 1.37 to match the PC version was huge so now you're playing against PC players who are used to the updated version and fight models while you're having to relearn stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, warthunder on PS4 sucks. I was waiting for ground forces and oh my god, how bad it is.
    They need some massive performance optimisation as it is not even in acceptable territory anymore. Framerate is pretty much at slide show level. Map Is way too small to be useful.
    Playing against pc people even in tanks is just a pain. Well, that sucked...

• Advertisement

Well, warthunder on PS4 sucks. I was waiting for ground forces and oh my god, how bad it is.
    They need some massive performance optimisation as it is not even in acceptable territory anymore. Framerate is pretty much at slide show level. Map Is way too small to be useful.
    Playing against pc people even in tanks is just a pain. Well, that sucked...

Never noticed any performance issues

Got past the crappy German reserve tanks, so at least on ground forces it's a fair fight. Well fair in that I'm winning.

Too much has changed on planes so I'm going to play on a side I've not yet to work my way up again.

Bpi-oPoIEAAZ9aj.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

The only issues I've found is idiots on your team pushing when your target of an enemy tank, it's not flawless yet but I think that's server issues at the minute but most PC gamers don't seemed that skilled. I've killed and been killed just look for the little green x when in tanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am having some major frame rate issues. Or maybe I am used to solid 60 on pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

So got the PS4.

What region is everyone on? Ireland, UK or US? Is it best to have a few accounts for things like DLC for videogameplus.ca Bought games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The PS4 is region free, you can play EU,US and Jap games on any console. You can set up a US account to get digital release games for €43 through Amazon.com buy buying US PSN store credit. You can sign upfor the US PS+ service too and get the EU and US free games each month. The only thing to keep in mind is that if you buy a US version of a game only US DLC will work on it, same with EU games.

The PS4 is region free, you can play EU,US and Jap games on any console. You can set up a US account to get digital release games for €43 through Amazon.com buy buying US PSN store credit. You can sign upfor the US PS+ service too and get the EU and US free games each month. The only thing to keep in mind is that if you buy a US version of a game only US DLC will work on it, same with EU games.

There are also some games (DC online for one) whose servers are region locked, I was trying to play with a few friends and one of them had to download the EU version to play with us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I got watch dogs from vgp. Can I redeem the DLC code using a US psn account then play it from my EU account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I got watch dogs from vgp. Can I redeem the DLC code using a US psn account then play it from my EU account?

Yeah you should be able to :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Oddly enough I downloaded the E3 app from my US account, as soon as it installed it had a little lock icon beside it, wouldn't allow me use it on my account, could this be the start of region locking software I wonder?

I looked into it on PS blog and they confirmed there would be no EU release of it but you can watch E3 from PlayStation.com in the browser....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Fieldog wrote: »
    Oddly enough I downloaded the E3 app from my US account, as soon as it installed it had a little lock icon beside it, wouldn't allow me use it on my account, could this be the start of region locking software I wonder?

Worked fine on my PS4, was able to launch it with no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

No US apps with work for me either. All apps seem to be region locked unless you change the IP settings to a US proxy to get around it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement