Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Anyone having trouble logging into PSN, last day or 2 when I try to sign it it just comes up "please wait" and doesn't do anything. I've no errors to work off either

Gandalph wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble logging into PSN, last day or 2 when I try to sign it it just comes up "please wait" and doesn't do anything. I've no errors to work off either

Am logged in now - no issues.
    Do a connection test, see if it gives you something to work on.

Tried, just says psn login failed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

I was having the same problem yesterday, if your on ps4 go into settings > PSN > Connect. and then agree to the updated user agreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Blacklight Retribution.....dat de-sync:(

Not seen anything that bad since the early days of multiplayer...can literally run around for a minute before you know you have been killed,kinda hilarious with the death cam actually. Also the matchmaking at the moment is a joke,so many times the round starts with me or someone else on a team on their own....against a full team:(

Its a game ive been keeping an eye on hoping to see improvement but it looks like it has too many problems at the minute,and its out of beta soon and hopefully they have something up there sleeve for full release other wise this game looks like a flop imo

When it works properly,some patches made it worse,some better,i enjoy it. But my god unless they get the connection issues sorted its doomed! BF4 hasnt got a patch on this "netcode":)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone gotten the resogun patch yet or know when its out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten the resogun patch yet or know when its out

It is still not out, I have not seen a time frame for it either other than it will today.

I was having the same problem yesterday, if your on ps4 go into settings > PSN > Connect. and then agree to the updated user agreement.

Tried that as well and when I click sign in to account it just loads forever ("please wait') with no message :( Might just have to get onto customer support about this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Gandalph wrote: »
    Tried that as well and when I click sign in to account it just loads forever ("please wait') with no message :( Might just have to get onto customer support about this one.

Is your net working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I just finished Transistor earlier.. It probably took me 30 mins to an hour to actually get into it but once I did I loved it.

The combat is actually fantastic due to the number of different combinations you can make.

And the limiters are a great idea.. making the game more challenging to receive a higher reward.

It's about 5 hours long I reckon and it's brilliant.

I must admit I wasn't too bothered by the story but I wish I had paid a bit more attention earlier. Very tempted to get straight back into it for new game +

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

EoinHef wrote: »
    Blacklight Retribution.....dat de-sync:(

Not seen anything that bad since the early days of multiplayer...can literally run around for a minute before you know you have been killed,kinda hilarious with the death cam actually. Also the matchmaking at the moment is a joke,so many times the round starts with me or someone else on a team on their own....against a full team:(

Its a game ive been keeping an eye on hoping to see improvement but it looks like it has too many problems at the minute,and its out of beta soon and hopefully they have something up there sleeve for full release other wise this game looks like a flop imo

When it works properly,some patches made it worse,some better,i enjoy it. But my god unless they get the connection issues sorted its doomed! BF4 hasnt got a patch on this "netcode":)

Blacklight retrobution has being a pretty crap game from the beginning, specially it's pay to win model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Xenji wrote: »
    It is still not out, I have not seen a time frame for it either other than it will today.

It says the patch goes live on the 23rd and the DLC is out on the 25th. The game will be on sale from the 25th to the 8th of July too. There is a live countdown for the DLC on the PS4 dash, it's a 3 days, 5 hours and 40mins right now.

It says the patch goes live on the 23rd and the DLC is out on the 25th. The game will be on sale from the 25th to the 8th of July too. There is a live countdown for the DLC on the PS4 dash, it's a 3 days, 5 hours and 40mins right now.

According to their twitter and facebook accounts the patch is meant to come today.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Housemarque/status/480697379889631234?p=v

According to their twitter and facebook accounts the patch is meant to come today.

If you click on the live timer on the PS4 dash it will bring you to the blog.eu.playstation site and the article says 23rd for the patch there. Must be a typo, never seen anything launched on a Sunday ever, just incase it goes wrong and breaks things.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Housemarque/status/480697379889631234?p=v

They seem to want to push it today alright, can't see it happening at this stage tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

They seem to want to push it today alright, can't see it happening at this stage tbh.

Patch should be out at 11pm apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Anybody have any idea when the Dualshock 4 in white will be released?

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea when the Dualshock 4 in white will be released?

Probably when the white SKU launches with Destiny on September 9th. Depends on Sony though they can be funny on accessorie. We had the blue and red DS4s before the US did, don't know when they were released there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yay top of a Resogun leaderboard :). Don't see that lasting though. Seems like they wiped them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ive a question guys. why am i seeing peoples custom avatards of football crests, ireland flags, cars etc when im not even friends with them?

im aware you can make your avatar your fb photo but you need to be firends and send a name request too. its annoying me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

MarkY91 wrote: »
    ive a question guys. why am i seeing peoples custom avatards of football crests, ireland flags, cars etc when im not even friends with them?

im aware you can make your avatar your fb photo but you need to be firends and send a name request too. its annoying me :P

You can change your avatar image to a custom image by using the playstation mobile app.

You can change your avatar image to a custom image by using the playstation mobile app.

oh really? ill be doing that now. thanks!

couldnt find that on google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

MarkY91 wrote: »

You can do it two ways.

1. link your facebook page to your PSN account and it uses your facebook picture

2. use the playstation mobile app via the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Have one at last!
    7zXics.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. What kind of trade in would you get for FIFA 14 and assassins creed in gamestop?

Deedsie wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. What kind of trade in would you get for FIFA 14 and assassins creed in gamestop?

€25-€30 each, although a friend of mine only got €18 for Killzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

So I somehow got into the US Playstation Now beta, but alas either my connection is not good enough (would be connecting to US servers) or their servers are down at the moment. Anybody here get to try this out?

Benzino wrote: »
    So I somehow got into the US Playstation Now beta, but alas either my connection is not good enough (would be connecting to US servers) or their servers are down at the moment. Anybody here get to try this out?

What's this ps now beta about?

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »

Yeah its IP based, you could use a vpn to fake it, personally I haven't been bothered to do it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

hallo dare wrote: »
    What's this ps now beta about?

It's a beta for the new Playstation program where you can stream games to your PS4, mostly PS3 and PSN games.
    CombatCow wrote: »
    Yeah its IP based, you could use a vpn to fake it, personally I haven't been bothered to do it yet.

That makes sense, I could mess with the DNS settings but even then the connection would be too slow to be worth the hassle.

Blue Estate is launching on the PS4 today, should be up on the PSN store when it updates in a few hours, it is a first-person on-rails shooter that seemingly got no hype or promotion.

Blue Estate is launching on the PS4 today, should be up on the PSN store when it updates in a few hours, it is a first-person on-rails shooter that seemingly got no hype or promotion.

That must be based on the comic, been keeping my eye on it for awhile as it looks like the kind of genre book that pokes fun at everything about the cliches and has fun at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

That must be based on the comic, been keeping my eye on it for awhile as it looks like the kind of genre book that pokes fun at everything about the cliches and has fun at the same time

Have a review copy of it myself. Will post back once I actually play it for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Otacon wrote: »
    Have a review copy of it myself. Will post back once I actually play it for a while.

Let me know how you get on with it as i just played House of the Dead overkill on the PS3 with the move and loved every bit of it and would not mind playing another rails shooter.

Also what controls does it use ?. Just the DS 4 ?.

that blue estate looks decent. how much is it guys? ill be getting off the US store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Resogun DLC is very reasonable, bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

cloud493 wrote: »
    Resogun DLC is very reasonable, bought.

Survival mode is great on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Whats included in the season pass for resogun other than this dlc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Whatever the next DLC's for it are.

Its also very good DLC, very reasonably priced, and highly recommended.

Is PSN down?

hallo dare wrote: »
    Is PSN down?

It appears to be.
    Was fine a little while ago.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It appears to be.
    Was fine a little while ago.

Yeah, typical.

CombatCow wrote: »

Now that's a nice find. Thanks for that CC!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The Resogun DLC is so damn good. I'm addicted to the game again.

Played about 10 rounds of Survival and got a best score of over 40 million. I was so damn close to getting to day 5 too :(

At first I had no idea what demolition was about but once you progress a bit in it, it's brilliant and absolutely hectic!

I just wish we had a new map.. hopefully the next dlc has some. Still feel we could do with some levels with a different colour palette to that marine blue colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Just got round to buying trials fusion was settled down ready to play it then started getting error messages and ps4 signed out , great timing Sony .. i thought it was just my ps4 though so kinda glad its a network outage , sony really need to get their **** together though now we are paying for this service

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Just got round to buying trials fusion was settled down ready to play it then started getting error messages and ps4 signed out , great timing Sony .. i thought it was just my ps4 though so kinda glad its a network outage , sony really need to get their **** together though now we are paying for this service

Honestly a few server issues now and again isn't exactly that much of an inconvenience and I'm pretty sure that the free games more than make up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Honestly a few server issues now and again isn't exactly that much of an inconvenience and I'm pretty sure that the free games more than make up for it.

They aren't free though are they? and i dont think xbox have these outages all the time or maintenance.. not to mention the time the ps3 was down for months on end . also the silence from sony is deafening & if it wasn't for the above linked site we wouldn't know what was going on.

I rang their call centre a while back when i thought the issues were only on my machine & down to me downloading trials fusion only to hear a message saying they were closed at 7 .. surely a massive company like theirs could afford some call centre staff to work a backshift?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement