Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i downloaded the cod ghosts festive dlc. it downloaded fine but says "waiting to install" in downloads, even when i start ghosts up and turned ps4 off and on and redownloaded, it still says the same...any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i downloaded the cod ghosts festive dlc. it downloaded fine but says "waiting to install" in downloads, even when i start ghosts up and turned ps4 off and on and redownloaded, it still says the same...any help?

Make sure you have the game fully shutdown(close application) in the main menu and then click on the dlc file in the downloads section.The update should install and then the game will launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

bazzz wrote: »
    Make sure you have the game fully shutdown(close application) in the main menu and then click on the dlc file in the downloads section.The update should install and then the game will launch.

i forgot that i bought my ghosts from canada and have to get all DLC through my US account. stupid me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I was in CeX Limerick today and there were 3 people in the queue trading in brand new PS4's.
    I got chatting with one of the lads in there and he was telling me people are buying them for €399 in Smyths or Argos, then going straight into CeX and trading them in for €505 CASH :eek: He pointed out one old lad in his 60's who was trading his second one today. He had even gone to Cork to pick one of them up.

I reckon CeX were hoping for a major shortage hence the high trade in value. They are selling them for €595. Their in stock online has doubled in the past day so I imagine people are taking advantage of this all over the country.

Handy €100 profit if you are sick of your PS4 already. But I hope they drop their prices soon as all of these units going to CeX means less availability for people who actually want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

CEX are selling a product second hand at a nearly 200 euro higher price than the RRP?

Jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Unable to log into my account or change my password....sony want a scan of my passport to verify who i am....isnt this why we have security questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Probably shouldnt be, but Im pissed that xtravision never offered me a bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I reckon CeX were hoping for a major shortage hence the high trade in value. They are selling them for €595. Their in stock online has doubled in the past day so I imagine people are taking advantage of this all over

I hope they make a huge loss. Bastards is all they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Psn down for anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Psn down for anyone else

down for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hi all,

Just picked up my console today (blessed, just walked in) and had two quickfire questions that I'm not sure were answered or relevant now

1) Does my PSN subscription carry over from PS3? (I have a fair amount of time left)

2) Do I need to do this updated firmware via USB, or will it operate now via connecting console online?

Thanks,
    Doc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Anybody got a link for the 1.52 update? Do I need to download the original update too? Im putting it on a usb stick for Christmas morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just picked up my console today (blessed, just walked in) and had two quickfire questions that I'm not sure were answered or relevant now

1) Does my PSN subscription carry over from PS3? (I have a fair amount of time left)

2) Do I need to do this updated firmware via USB, or will it operate now via connecting console online?

Thanks,
    Doc.

PS+ carries over, can update by connecting the PS4 to the internet.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    PS+ carries over, can update by connecting the PS4 to the internet.

Cheers mate

Any reason why I'm reading so much about " put on USB stick" ? Is this just for peeps who might not have internet connectivity handy to the console or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

King Krib wrote: »
    Anybody got a link for the 1.52 update? Do I need to download the original update too? Im putting it on a usb stick for Christmas morning.

Here you go!
    Cheers mate

Any reason why I'm reading so much about " put on USB stick" ? Is this just for peeps who might not have internet connectivity handy to the console or something?

Yep. I got mine at launch at midnight. Hooked it up straight and got the update via internet in 15 mins. Doubt you'll have any issues. Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Cheers mate

Just for speed so you don't have to wait around for it to download and you can just plug it in directly. The update is quick anyway so I wouldn't bother with it

Cheers lads, will just leave it download itself, even with my horrendous ADSL :D

Cheers mate

It just makes the transition Christmas morning all that bit quicker. Might as well have it ready to roll. Preparation is key.

Cheers mate

It just makes the transition Christmas morning all that bit quicker. Might as well have it ready to roll. Preparation is key.

King Krib wrote: »

Bitch you crazy, this getting played minute I get home from work :D

• Advertisement

Bitch you crazy, this getting played minute I get home from work :D

The waiting is killing me to be honest. Sold my ps3 about 6 weeks ago so been going cold turkey since :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

With AC4 on sale on psn for 29.99, any idea if you can do the upgrade to ps4? I had a quick google but couldn't find anything to say it was compatible with the sale price.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

blaa85 wrote: »
    With AC4 on sale on psn for 29.99, any idea if you can do the upgrade to ps4? I had a quick google but couldn't find anything to say it was compatible with the sale price.

It was possible last week with BF4 so i'd say it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 thedeadp0et

Thanks for your help folks - I'll be in town with the old man this afters and I'll see what Gamestop have to say. Is Gamestop the best place to go...?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

As long as the upgrade is done before 31st January 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Ye it it I've already done this on the US store for the same prices but in $

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Ye it it I've already done this on the US store for the same prices but in $

What does it work out in total in € inc the upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What does it work out in total in € inc the upgrade

Was 40 dollars total worked out somewhere between 29-30 euro after exchange rate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I have bought bf4 on my account but am only getting to play my ps4 at Xmas. I logged into his ps4 during the week and played resogun and FIFA. He turned on his ps4 today and it's downloading bf4.
    Can anyone offer a suggestion as to why his happened??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well I bought AC4.. I was going to leave it but the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement