Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya that and The Last Guardian of course.

*cries in the corner knowing there will be no Last Guardian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Otacon wrote: »
    Sony have released a few teasers ahead of their gamescom appearance.

Looks like Until Dawn is going to be a big part of the show at least...

Yeah maybe using Project Morpheus ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not sure about Until Dawn as it was being exclusively developed as a PS Move game, it also nearly got cancelled a few times as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have this image in my head of Sony coming out and being like ' hey guys so last guardian HEY JUST KIDDING haha we're not telling you anything derp derp :pac:'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I picked one up today in argos, got watch dogs for free with it & started 2 week psn trial.

Any must own games?

Vikings wrote: »
    I picked one up today in argos, got watch dogs for free with it & started 2 week psn trial.

Any must own games?

TLOU Remastered, Wolfenstein, Res0gun, TowerFall Ascension, Rogue Legacy, Transistor, Trine 2 and if you are into sports NBA 2k14 and MLB The Show. Watch_Dogs is a fun game but gets a bit repetitive and boring after awhile, well it did for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Xenji wrote: »
    TLOU Remastered, Wolfenstein, Res0gun, TowerFall Ascension, Rogue Legacy, Transistor, Trine 2 and if you are into sports NBA 2k14 and MLB The Show. Watch_Dogs is a fun game but gets a bit repetitive and boring after awhile, well it did for me anyway.

Thanks - had a loan of TLOU for ps3 and never finished it so that's a pick up for sure. Like the look of NBA 2k14 but baseball wouldn't be one that I watch - is the game very good? I'm counting down the days until the new Madden and will get that immediately.

Also, what's the best place to pick up games? Both new/second online/offline?

Vikings wrote: »
    Thanks - had a loan of TLOU for ps3 and never finished it so that's a pick up for sure. Like the look of NBA 2k14 but baseball wouldn't be one that I watch - is the game very good? I'm counting down the days until the new Madden and will get that immediately.

Also, what's the best place to pick up games? Both new/second online/offline?

VGP and Amazon are the best to pick up games online, the brick and mortar stores will still rob you blind, MLB The Show is a great game, but you really need to know something about baseball to get the best out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

+1 on MLB. Best sports game I've played since Rugby 08. The RTTS mode is incredibly in-depth and so damn addictive!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone getting diablo next week? GameStop want 75 for it 0_o

• Advertisement

Anyone getting diablo next week? GameStop want 75 for it 0_o

Have it ordered on VGP for 46 Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

I've done some research but would appreciate some input from others who have replaced the internal HDD. I've tried to stick with digital downloads mostly for the PS4 to make remote play more convenient but I'm quickly running out of storage.

Any recommendations for replacement HDD in 2TB capacity. Is an SSHD hybrid worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Senecio wrote: »
    Any recommendations for replacement HDD in 2TB capacity. Is an SSHD hybrid worth it?

An SSHD hybrid will make a difference to load times, not as much as a full-on SSD but better than a regular drive.

Personally, I prefer the extra storage you get for the same price. Have a look at this HDD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Senecio wrote: »
    I've done some research but would appreciate some input from others who have replaced the internal HDD. I've tried to stick with digital downloads mostly for the PS4 to make remote play more convenient but I'm quickly running out of storage.

Don't know about a 2TB SSHD but I imagine they are expensive. I have this and it's great. Double the capacity of the original and faster load times. My downloads also seem to be faster but that might be down to network speeds.
    I just wish I could back up the drive as I have around 200GB of downloaded games and a power cut could lose the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

so tomb raider is xbox exclusive. My favorite game by far far far, I loved last tomb raider .. and got PS4.

Well I am not happy, I prefer to play games when they come out, brand new .. I guess I will not get tomb raider if we have to wait few months after xbox guys. I also think that game developer will get seriosly limited sales of it as we know xbone to ps4 is 1:3 .. I really don't think it is wise to mess up with playstation gamers at the moment considering install base of both consoles.

But in fairness it is probably first time that I am jelaous of xbox one, but still love PS4. I hope uncharted 4 will make up for loss of tomb raider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Don't know about a 2TB SSHD but I imagine they are expensive. I have this and it's great. Double the capacity of the original and faster load times. My downloads also seem to be faster but that might be down to network speeds.
    I just wish I could back up the drive as I have around 200GB of downloaded games and a power cut could lose the lot.

A 2TB SSD would be unaffordable, and potentially unattainable unless your operating a business.

It's roughly €450-500 for a 1TB SSD, 2TB arn't available for general retail afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

198321 wrote: »
    so tomb raider is xbox exclusive. My favorite game by far far far, I loved last tomb raider .. and got PS4.

Well I am not happy, I prefer to play games when they come out, brand new .. I guess I will not get tomb raider if we have to wait few months after xbox guys. I also think that game developer will get seriosly limited sales of it as we know xbone to ps4 is 1:3 .. I really don't think it is wise to mess up with playstation gamers at the moment considering install base of both consoles.

But in fairness it is probably first time that I am jelaous of xbox one, but still love PS4. I hope uncharted 4 will make up for loss of tomb raider.

I'm the same so disappointed with this! I'm hoping it will be timed like you said PS4 games are selling more than xbox one. Time will tell, just have to see what Sony put on the table later :)

Scratch that it's not a timed exclusive : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-12-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-exclusive-to-xbox-one

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I don't see them selling at least 6+ million copies to make their money back on this one being an X1 exclusive, but im sure MS paid them some big bucks upfront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

tomb raider on PS4 was the first time ive ever given tomb raider a chance and i simply loved it. its still my favourite game to ever play on ps4. im very dissapointed in this as i was anticipating news on the next tomb raider. ****ing microsft trying to buy themselves out of their pathetic console failure!

• Advertisement

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    I'm the same so disappointed with this! I'm hoping it will be timed like you said PS4 games are selling more than xbox one. Time will tell, just have to see what Sony put on the table later :)

Scratch that it's not a timed exclusive : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-12-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-exclusive-to-xbox-one

We can still preorder it on amazon for PS4. I bet that came from publisher that informed Amazon to take preorders. Seems like they agreed to that only recently. I also feel bad for people developing the game as they probably know that they dissapointed many fans. Politics :mad:

@geoffkeighley
    Spoke to many people here at Xbox press conference on Tomb Raider. Official line is that the game is "exclusive on Xbox for holiday 2015."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

CombatCow wrote: »
    @geoffkeighley
    Spoke to many people here at Xbox press conference on Tomb Raider. Official line is that the game is "exclusive on Xbox for holiday 2015."

So what you're saying is that the 1080p version will be out next year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I just played Journey again last week. I will gladly play it again on PS4. Cross buy hopefully :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

lertsnim wrote: »
    Cross buy hopefully :)

I can't link to it as I'm at work but Cross Buy is confirmed.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    I can't link to it as I'm at work but Cross Buy is confirmed.
    From the description of the Journey PS4 Youtube video
    Escape to a dreamlike world. Explore vast deserts and primitive ruins to uncover the long-lost legends of a forgotten civilisation.

Get more for your money with Cross-Buy - purchase this game for PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4 and get the other version at no extra cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

LauraW7746 wrote: »

:'(

Well that was some waste of time to watch Sonys gamescom. I understand some people like indie games, but to give 90% of time to indie games ... Microsoft did way better than sony this time.

Most of the games I wouldn't even play if they were free ..

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Well that was some waste of time to watch Sonys gamescom. I understand some people like indie games, but to give 90% of time to indie games ... Microsoft did way better than sony this time.

I dunno what your into but that had games for everyone there great show by sony

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Your loss.

• Advertisement

I dunno what your into but that had games for everyone there great show by sony

tons of inde games, driveclub that we saw a lot about no need to show it again, and the order 18 something .. And almost no gameplay, just quick action trailers .. MS conference was much more interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Does anyone know the name of that Horror game/teaser they just showed and said the teaser was live now on the ps store to download ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

tons of inde games, driveclub that we saw a lot about no need to show it again, and the order 18 something .. And almost no gameplay, just quick action trailers .. MS conference was much more interesting

5GBhH8.gif

Does anyone know the name of that Horror game/teaser they just showed and said the teaser was live now on the ps store to download ?

P.T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Man i was hoping for some GTAV and No Mans Sky gameplay, they had little snippets of both games in the intro montage ..

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

In fairness most AAA game have been done to death like FIFA, COD and all the rest they will be all on the platform. You have bloodbourne, the new horror game drive club shown, Day Z and The order, Uncharted are also around the corner. Indie games have closed the gap on AAA games lately sometimes its hard to tell the difference. The most exciting thing the announced was shareplay that will be interseting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Where's the best place to get Destiny?
    I see GameSeek are charging £45

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Where's the best place to get Destiny?
    I see GameSeek are charging £45
    Amazon are £45 also. videogamesplus.ca is around €40 but you won't get it until a week after release

Ermmmmmmmmmmmm. Hmmm. Gamestop will not get my money. How long will amazon take to deliver on standard shipping?

cloud493 wrote: »
    Ermmmmmmmmmmmm. Hmmm. Gamestop will not get my money. How long will amazon take to deliver on standard shipping?

Unless you use parcel motel, it will arrive the monday after release, possibly the tuesday depending on when it is dispatched.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Unless you use parcel motel, it will arrive the monday after release, possibly the tuesday depending on when it is dispatched.

Game is released on Tuesday so you could get on release day or the next day. Last 2 games I preordered through Amazon arrived the day after release

Well I'd still rather they got my money than gamestop.

Game is released on Tuesday so you could get on release day or the next day. Last 2 games I preordered through Amazon arrived the day after release

Ah, I thought is was coming out on a Friday :o

So who completed PT yet?

Those clever feckers. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Ok massively surprised with how small ground zeros was. Was being a little over the top with it with my mate but I beat it, first time in 79 minute's..... What the hell??

RedXIV wrote: »
    Ok massively surprised with how small ground zeros was. Was being a little over the top with it with my mate but I beat it, first time in 79 minute's..... What the hell??

It can be done in under 20 minutes, it is just a glorified demo.

Its an extended demo with a few bonus missions, no how much I like it it still annoys me we used that stuff for free :pac:

I'm packaging my PS4 up to return to amazon, and it said use original manufacturing packaging, but it doesn't feel very secure to me.

• Advertisement

CombatCow wrote: »

I reckon Sony were offered this deal as well, but will have Uncharted 4 coming out around the same time and turned it down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement