Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

What happens if it gets delayed? :p

Seriously though, I noticed it's coming to Xbox 360 also. I thought it was going to be current gen only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

From the description of the Journey PS4 Youtube video

Does that mean if you own it on PS3 already you can get it on PS4 for free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

.ak wrote: »

Yup. Same thing with Flower and flow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

.ak wrote: »

From the comments on PS blog post
    + Aaron Kaufman on August 12th, 2014 at 7:57 am said:
    As a cross-buy title, once Journey is downloaded you will be able to download it for free on any other platform available through the PlayStation Network, much like how fl0w and Flower were launched for PS4.

So yes, you get it for free if you already own it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

And my PS4 is on its way back to amazon :)
    Missing it already :(

• Advertisement

Everyone should take a moment to check out how good Rime looks. Because it looks good! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

any good deals on ps4 atm?
    missed out on the watchdogs one the other day anything similar going around?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hohokum is weird, funny, beautiful, hypnotic. It's a game that sets you free in its world without any guidance, and lets you discover the wonderful sights and sounds for yourself. What a delightful surprise :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Played PT for a few minutes there. Don't think I'll people sleeping tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Pt is actually the new silent Hill if I'm not mistaken!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Just played P.T. with my mrs behind me holding my arm screaming! NOW she appreciates how awesome gaming is!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Pt is actually the new silent Hill if I'm not mistaken!!

You are mistaken, it's the new Silent Hills. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I got about 10 minutes into it. I turned the corner and was greeted by a dark figure standing in the hall...

iYxAHN6.gif

Ya I was playing it there too. Didn't get to the end of it but I imagine I made it through most.

Fair play to whoever figured out how to get to the end as there is no way I would have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Where's the best place to get Destiny?
    I see GameSeek are charging £45

tesco direct are doing it for £45 with a pre-order offer until the 17/8 for another £5 off and comes with free t-shirt and headset

destiny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I finished the teaser, tho I had to get help online for one part, I love horror games like outlast and such but this was another level of creepy'ness, very very very scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Anyone have a link to p.t. on the PSN store as i cant find it on the PS4 store ?

Anyone have a link to p.t. on the PSN store as i cant find it on the PS4 store ?

In the demo section, https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/pt-demo/cid=EP4511-CUSA01114_00-PPPPPPPPTTTTTTTT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I have one last piece of the picture to find the upper right part of her head dunno where it is.

I am at the part after the red screen where you just keep walking straight threw and rooms change color dunno what to do ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Watch the vid...lol.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/surgeon-simulator-anniversary-edition/cid=EP4491-CUSA00861_00-SURGEONSIM000001

I am so glad to see more and more games taking the pi$$ these days ,Goat sim was one.

Loll

ps...don't buy it,get it on pb or stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

sweetie wrote: »
    tesco direct are doing it for £45 with a pre-order offer until the 17/8 for another £5 off and comes with free t-shirt and headset

destiny

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00F32V9N2?pc_redir=1407907913&robot_redir=1

Is that the free headset? Is Destiny a good game?

Deedsie wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00F32V9N2?pc_redir=1407907913&robot_redir=1

Is that the free headset?

It is.
    Pre Order Destiny & receive a free Gioteck EX06 Headset. Subject to availability
    Is Destiny a good game?

I went from not bothered to day one and back to not bothered again all over the course of playing the beta.

Didn't even realise about the headset.. Hopefully I get one.

Otacon wrote: »
    Yup. Same thing with Flower and flow.
    From the comments on PS blog post

So yes, you get it for free if you already own it.:)

Boom! Happy days, cheers. Wanted to replay these.

F1ngers wrote: »
    * Avoid playing if you have a heart condition

*adds to basket

tok9 wrote: »

Ah crap, I just ordered it not realising there was a chance I wouldnt get the headset. Subject to availability my arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Kojima said yesterday that when it comes to the game's release they are considering a limited edition that comes with an extra pair of pants.

Kojima said yesterday that when it comes to the game's release they are considering a limited edition that comes with an extra pair of pants.

That's regarding Silent Hills ya?

It was only a joke really.. although it wouldn't surprise me.

For god's sake one of the high points of the MGS5 gameplay yesterday was a horse making a poo causing a car to spin out of control :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ah crap, I just ordered it not realising there was a chance I wouldnt get the headset. Subject to availability my arse.

the price was good so I can live without the headset ( I spent £57 so got £10 off by setting up a new account)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It isn't the sort of exclusive to set the market a flutter, but it is excellent news for those of us who love a proper shmup. And they don't come much more proper than from the creator of Ikaruga: http://mobile.siliconera.com/siliconera/#!/entry/ikaruga-creator-is-working-on-a-new-shooter-for-playstation,53ec7ada025312186c3caf32

sweetie wrote: »
    the price was good so I can live without the headset ( I spent £57 so got £10 off by setting up a new account)

Ya I did the same... Preordered GTA and Destiny together. I don't think I would have ordered Destiny without the headset. Think I would have preferred to order The Last of us. I wonder when we will know if we are among the lucky ones to receive a free headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

What are peoples views on buying a PS4 second hand?

Don't do it. For the extra few euro, the reliability and fresh guarantee of a new console is totally worth it. I'd always question why a console was sold in the first place so soon - some legitimate cases, but some might have a hidden problem (there was a case of that in the games forum just yesterday).

Unless you have a spectacular offer or really can't afford the extra bit of cash, go with new. If you do, make sure you get the original receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

mufc1993 wrote: »

Unless you get a particularly good deal, avoid (that goes for most electronics IMO).

Make sure you get the original receipt with it.

Once you get it, test all of the features on the console in case you need to return it (either to the seller or Sony).

EDIT: Damn you j_u! /shakes fist

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tok9 wrote: »

Same here,I pre ordered in march I think.

• Advertisement

Same here,I pre ordered in march I think.

Not a hope of me getting it so... I might cancel the order and get the last of us instead. Damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

mufc1993 wrote: »

Well as there still covered with sony i would say get it 2nd hand as if you can save over a 100 euros i am saying get it as 100 euros is easily 2 extra games for your PS3 over at lest covers your PSN+.

Have a lot at the things for sale pages on Facebook as thats where the true bargains are as i seen a PS4 with Fifa and COD go for 300 there yesterday on one of my local pages.

I picked up a WII U 8GB for €100 euros with 2 Mario games on one of them if that gives you the ideas of what bargains are on them pages

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not a hope of me getting it so... I might cancel the order and get the last of us instead. Damn

Whaaaa? Why wouldnt you get it?

He's talking about the free headset and t-shirt.

Ahhhhh I didn't even know they giving away free headsets with it .

• Advertisement

I sent Tesco Direct a "Contact Us" message enquiring about the amount of headsets available and if they are all gone or not. I will update ye if I hear anything. I really need to read things fully before purchasing.

So has anyone actually finished P.T. yet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

So has anyone actually finished P.T. yet??

I got to a part very early on where a door was ajar and a baby was crying but i couldn't do anything to trigger the next piece

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I got to a part very early on where a door was ajar and a baby was crying but i couldn't do anything to trigger the next piece

I taught i finished it but it appears im at the second stage which i think is pretty much at the end. I wont say to much but its so bloody random how u trigger the ending ive been trying to do it for ages!!.

Ive read so many different ways to finish it so far none of them have worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Anybody else pick up surgeon simulator for the PS4 it is just a mental game.

Has anyone had any issues with a black screen on start up with sound. Apparently its a hdmi output problem but i cant seem to find a fix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I got to the very end of PT but couldn't figure it out, after 45 mins of the same thing over and over i gave up.

Klair88 wrote: »
    I got to the very end of PT but couldn't figure it out, after 45 mins of the same thing over and over i gave up.

Same situation myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

So tempted to buy Diablo 3 Ultimate evil blah blah edition but Destiny is out 2 weeks later and would never play it after that :(

I was in he same boat for a while and a simialar position when diablo 3 came out close to gta v and i thought once gta was out i wouldnt touch diablo again. I was very wrong and i played diablo as much as gta v if not more so i have a feeling this will be a similar situation when destiny comes out. Plus they are completely different types of game so its always nice to have a change from one good game to another

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement