Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Klair88 wrote: »
    I got to the very end of PT but couldn't figure it out, after 45 mins of the same thing over and over i gave up.

45mins as Vaas says in Farcry repetition is the definition of madness :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CombatCow wrote: »
    So tempted to buy Diablo 3 Ultimate evil blah blah edition but Destiny is out 2 weeks later and would never play it after that :(

Do it.

Plan on having a few hardcore games and see you lives the longest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I was gonna go for diablo as well but not for 70 notes. I'l wait till the price comes right down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

cloud493 wrote: »
    I was gonna go for diablo as well but not for 70 notes. I'l wait till the price comes right down.

Think it works out at €45 ish if you are prepared to download it from the US psn store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Any one going for the Destiny SE ?.

I might get one and sell my black one...just to keep my warranty going.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Destiny-Bundle/dp/B00KVOVBGM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah screw it, I was watching a giant bomb lets play and it looks too good to pass up, I put so much time into the PC version I can fly through the main story and try the expansion content, with the crusader I think... Will order it from amazon now :P

On another note the PlayStation blogcast said the ps4 would be getting themes! With the 2.0 update. Lot of people have been asking for that....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So tempted to buy Diablo 3 Ultimate evil blah blah edition but Destiny is out 2 weeks later and would never play it after that :(
    DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I was in he same boat for a while and a simialar position when diablo 3 came out close to gta v and i thought once gta was out i wouldnt touch diablo again. I was very wrong and i played diablo as much as gta v if not more so i have a feeling this will be a similar situation when destiny comes out. Plus they are completely different types of game so its always nice to have a change from one good game to another
    Varik wrote: »
    Do it.

Plan on having a few hardcore games and see you lives the longest.
    Yeah screw it, I was watching a giant bomb lets play and it looks too good to pass up, I put so much time into the PC version I can fly through the main story and try the expansion content, with the crusader I think... Will order it from amazon now :P

On another note the PlayStation blogcast said the ps4 would be getting themes! With the 2.0 update. Lot of people have been asking for that....

I'm get in it too from amazon........wouldn't mind having some boardies pals to play with :).

H1Z1 is now officially coming to PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

H1Z1 is now officially coming to PS4.

DoqNI5s.gif

Yet they won't give a release date and since planetside 2 has been in development for the PS4 longer and they just finished the playability end of planetside 2 , I'd doubt we will see H1Z1 for a very long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

What's better Daylight or Outlast? Was thinking of downloading one but don't know hitch seems better cause they both look the same lol

Would they work offline too?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    What's better Daylight or Outlast? Was thinking of downloading one but don't know hitch seems better cause they both look the same lol

A few people have said Daylight was a waste of money, I don't remember reading anyone recommending it on here.

I personally didn't care for Outlast, but a few on here said it was pretty good.

BordorFox wrote: »
    DoqNI5s.gif

Yet they won't give a release date and since planetside 2 has been in development for the PS4 longer and they just finished the playability end of planetside 2 , I'd doubt we will see H1Z1 for a very long time.

Apparently they're just working on UI now, and the game is fully playable.

It's the same for all SOE games, no they've Landmark, Everquest, H1Z1, and planetside 2 on PS2 and no dates for any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Outlast is really good I have heard Daylight was`nt the best

Yeah from what I've read online Outlast would be the better one so ill prob go for that, anyone know if I download then from the store would they work offline too?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Yeah from what I've read online Outlast would be the better one so ill prob go for that, anyone know if I download then from the store would they work offline too?

It will.
    What makes you think it won't?

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    It will.
    What makes you think it won't?

Dunno I've never downloaded a game from PSN store and I've never played Outlast so wasn't sure if it needed a Internet connection or not, cheers tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Apparently they're just working on UI now, and the game is fully playable.

It's the same for all SOE games, no they've Landmark, Everquest, H1Z1, and planetside 2 on PS2 and no dates for any of them.

I think we will see Day Z on PS4 before we see H1Z1.

BordorFox wrote: »
    I think we will see Day Z on PS4 before we see H1Z1.

Wouldn't bet on it.

DayZ doesn't even have feature parity with the mod yet, and rocket is leaving the company in a few months.

On top of that SOE is first party (not primarily PlayStation through), they already ported DC online to PS3/4 with Planetside 2 for this year in the works using the same engine as H1Z1. They've also Everquest next which is likely to be years away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

any ps4 deals out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Anyone have any news on whether Silent Hills will be a ps4 exclusive or multi plat? Thinking of picking up a Destiny Bundle if Silent Hills is an exclusive. Added bonus of having Destiny.

• Advertisement

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Anyone have any news on whether Silent Hills will be a ps4 exclusive or multi plat? Thinking of picking up a Destiny Bundle if Silent Hills is an exclusive. Added bonus of having Destiny.

Do you have an Xbox One already or want to stick to PS3/360, not sure why Silent Hills being exclusive or not should matter if you're already looking at the PS4 or is there much you're looking at the ONE for.

They've not outright said it was or wasn't exclusive but it's also not out until 2016.

Do you have an Xbox One already or want to stick to PS3/360, not sure why Silent Hills being exclusive or not should matter if you're already looking at the PS4 or is there much you're looking at the ONE for.

They've not outright said it was or wasn't exclusive but it's also not out until 2016.

I don't have any consoles. Just playing on pc at the moment. Ah I didnt know it wasnt out until 2016. Might wait and see so.

P.T scared the **** out of me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Upthedubs2014

Just a quick question I hope someone can help me with. Is it normal for the game disc to continue spinning even after Ive quit the game and closed the application? The noise is driving me insane

Im talking about my PS4. Thanks guys!

P.T scared the **** out of me lol

Played it in a mates. Found myself getting annoyed with how to actually complete it which ruined the whole scare factor for me but to start with it's pretty damn scary.

Just a quick question I hope someone can help me with. Is it normal for the game disc to continue spinning even after Ive quit the game and closed the application? The noise is driving me insane

Im talking about my PS4. Thanks guys!

Was it your first time playing the game? It could be doing background installing for the remaining game files.

Finished Hohokum tonight, very nice game, had some cool and wacky puzzles. Not sure it's worth a tenner, but I guess the crossbuy is nice, so I'll try it on vita, which has a separate trophy list...

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Played it in a mates. Found myself getting annoyed with how to actually complete it which ruined the whole scare factor for me but to start with it's pretty damn scary.

Yeah same with me at first I just kept running through the loop door over and over lol

Can someone please help me? I just bought a PS4 and to me it seems a little noisy. The fan is on for about the first 15mins of play and then it quietens a little but continues to sound. There is plenty of room for the console to breathe and I have tried both vertical and horizontal positions. The discs also don't stop spinning after i have closed the game. Is this normal enough?

Are PS4s generally loud or should they be ultra silent. I am not sure if I should bring mine back today. Your advice is appreciated

Fecking PS4 still hasn't arrived from amazon :mad:

Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound scan

I want it now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Can someone please help me? I just bought a PS4 and to me it seems a little noisy. The fan is on for about the first 15mins of play and then it quietens a little but continues to sound. There is plenty of room for the console to breathe and I have tried both vertical and horizontal positions. The discs also don't stop spinning after i have closed the game. Is this normal enough?

Are PS4s generally loud or should they be ultra silent. I am not sure if I should bring mine back today. Your advice is appreciated

Where have you got it stored? In a cupboard where nothing can circulate or in the open on top of a table for example?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm loving The Swapper.

irishmover wrote: »
    Where have you got it stored? In a cupboard where nothing can circulate or in the open on top of a table for example?

Completely open and free to breathe on table

As I mentioned already, the first time you launch a game it will continue to install game files even after the game is closed, that would explain the disk noise.

Right hardcore boardies diabol coop tomorrow, any takers.

Don't think i'll receive mine from amazon until Wednesday >_>

Can't wait to smash some TLOU Clickers in the face :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Probably won't have my copy from amazon till Friday :(

Gift us some Legendaries Varik so we can catch up :P

Don't think i'll receive mine from amazon until Wednesday >_>

Can't wait to smash some TLOU Clickers in the face :)

Did you pay for first class delivery :-O?

• Advertisement

As I mentioned already, the first time you launch a game it will continue to install game files even after the game is closed, that would explain the disk noise.

Roughly how long should that take? I have had ps4 since thursday and this is the case for all my games. Thanks

My new console arrived yay :D

Did you pay for first class delivery :-O?

I got free first class delivery to parcel motel. :cool:
    Roughly how long should that take? I have had ps4 since thursday and this is the case for all my games. Thanks

Depends on how big the game is, if you press options button on the game and go to info you can see the filesize compared to what it says on the back of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It's just a fairly noisy console when the fans kick in. It's nothing to worry about.

I got free first class delivery to parcel motel. .

Damn I should have used pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

These interviews are always fun. Jim Ryan has once again been interviewed by David Jenkins, Metro's GameCentral Editor.

Link

A few choice snippets...
    GC: Since nobody ever tries to bribe me I thought I’d try to bribe you instead. So baring that in mind… when is The Last Guardian out?

JR: [laughs] It’s still being worked on.

GC: Still being worked on? By that one guy. Who doesn’t know how to work a computer.

JR: [laughs]

GC: I’m asking now because I always rush this question at the end, but are we doomed to be talking about this game until we both retire? Have you ever known anything like this?

JR: It’s still being worked on. Are you impugning my integrity?
    GC: Okay, so you’ll like this one: what has Sony got against EA Access?

JR: We don’t have anything against EA Access, we just need to position it… these sort of offerings they’ve got to fit into the framework of everything we do and everything that we offer. And we’re just not quite comfortable with how it sits within the whole ecosystem of our digital offering, including PlayStation Plus.

GC: I think the phrase used by Sony is that it doesn’t offer good value for money, can you be specific about why you think that is? Because to me £3.99 a month doesn’t sound bad, at least not once they have a good pool of games to choose from.

JR: It adds up of course, over the course of months and years, and you know we’ve got PlayStation Plus and we feel that offers our consumers the best value in terms of a subscription offer.

GC: But isn’t that just you being a bully and ensuring you haven’t got any competitors?

JR: I don’t think so, I don’t see us being a bully at all.

GC: If that’s not the case I don’t understand why you won’t allow it?

JR: Like I say, we’ve got to look at that value proposition…

GC: But what are you looking at that you don’t like? What part of that ‘value proposition’ don’t you like?

JR: How it relates to everything else that we offer, including PlayStation Plus.

GC: I don’t understand what that sentence is supposed to mean.

JR: All I can do is repeat it.

GC: [exasperated] But that’s just marketing gobbledegook! No one that reads this, when I transcribe this interview, is going to know what it’s supposed to mean either. It’s just white nose to move on this part of the interview.

JR: I think your readers are probably more intelligent than you are.

GC: They undoubtedly are, but unless they’ve got a PhD in marketing doublespeak I think they’re also going to wonder what it is you’re trying not to say.

• Advertisement

Metro has a fantastic gaming section. And if we ever see the Last Guardian, I will eat my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I was a little disappointing reading the interview actually.

Possibly the wrong thread for it but I was hoping he'd ask a bit about the Vita.

I'm sick of interviewers asking about Vita games and Sony people saying there are loads.

Someone needs to sit down with them and get someone to talk about why we don't have multiple accounts and why haven't they just reduced the memory card price since they don't seem to give a **** about the Vita anymore anyway.

Talking about Vita upsets me :(

It only took me bout a min to install the game updates took awhile tho

Yeah thats for the first chunk so you can play right away, its installing in the background after that.

Yeah thats for the first chunk so you can play right away, its installing in the background after that.

But should this happen everytime you play even if its the same game?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement