Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Fiddlex wrote: »
    I got a direct answer to part of my question which was is it faulty, nothing else about download issues. I understand PSN is slow but on a 200mb line and the PS4 gets at most 35mbps if that on average, that can't be right can it?

Like I said it was on a partial answer with no information. I asked if there could be a fault with my ps4 not that it is broken. As with all things it is possible to have a fault with the Ethernet controller of the console. I just wanted to see if anyone else has these dire speeds to the extent of barely getting 10% of my line speed.

Is it wifi or Ethernet the problem is with? I have read that some are gettung faster speeds across wifi then wired connections. Ususly a faulty wifi/ethernet either work or dont not cause dlowdowns if faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Varik wrote: »
    Not sure if it's kevin spacey or not, but that I'd buy.

I'd bet a weeks wages it is him alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Stick it to the man is good craic not something I'd usually buy but it has great humor and is a great concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Varik wrote: »
    Not sure if it's kevin spacey or not, but that I'd buy.

Confirmed on his own FB

Confirmed on his own FB

One look at the video and it's obviously him and the second you hear him speak there's absolutely no doubt about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

BordorFox wrote: »
    You stated you get 20-60 mb/s on the test and approx that on the browser tests, that is more than enough to download any content relatively fast on PSN, count yourself far more fortunate than most when downloading from PSN, some take a few days to download and can't do anything else because their is no pause download feature, your PS4 is not broken, broken things don't work, yours obviously works just fine.

I also stated that on the browser speed tests that it never went higher than 20mbs. Which means one test or both aren't accurate. It also may state 60mbps which is roughly 7.5MB/S but like I said on average I get only 2MB/s with most of the time being less than 1MB/S with real download test. You're right 20-60mbps speeds are good for downloading but im clearly not getting that at all. I also never said it was broken. I asked if it could be faulty in some way.
    jaffusmax wrote: »
    Is it wifi or Ethernet the problem is with? I have read that some are gettung faster speeds across wifi then wired connections. Ususly a faulty wifi/ethernet either work or dont not cause dlowdowns if faulty.

It is the same on WiFi as it is on Ethernet although the Ethernet is more consisstent obviously. The ps4 is less than 2 feet away from the router. This is why I thought that there could be a fault in the PS4 but everyone seems to be saying there's no way its a fault.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Daylight is a bad game. Avoid at all costs.

That is all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

This is why I thought that there could be a fault in the PS4 but everyone seems to be saying there's no way its a fault.

That's what I said - I just used one word. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

F1ngers wrote: »
    That's what I said - I just used one word. :P

I know that. I just meant everyone is saying the same thing but I felt something was wrong. Anyways, I went into safe mode and reinstalled the latest update via internet and now my connection is much better than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I know that. I just meant everyone is saying the same thing but I felt something was wrong. Anyways, I went into safe mode and reinstalled the latest update via internet and now my connection is much better than before.

It'll be slow again, PSN can be fast but it's also very inconsistent and incredibly slow when PS+ updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

since the update, im getting so many notifications of friends joining random party chats. WHY? i dont give a **** what theyre joining. its so annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Finally bit the bullet. Am in the ps4 club now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

RedXIV wrote: »

Welcome m8, now Dust in your House can rest on one of the coolest technical achievements of this years like a boss! :P

Nah really, enjoy.

Welcome brother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Welcome to the club

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Thanks all! Anything I should know for initial set up?

Mind the hdmi port when plugging in the cable, there was an issue of a metal tab sticking up that broke the hdmi cable termination, don't know how relevant it is now.

Just the usual stuff after that, give the console a nice amount of breathing space, etc.

Get yourself a ps+ subscription to avail of some freebies in the PSN store. (you should get a few days trial with your purchase of the console).

Kick back and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Is outlast no longer free on ps+?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Gandalph wrote: »
    Is outlast no longer free on ps+?
    Yeah it gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

MarkY91 wrote: »
    since the update, im getting so many notifications of friends joining random party chats. WHY? i dont give a **** what theyre joining. its so annoying :(
    You can turn it off in notifications

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Thanks all! Anything I should know for initial set up?

Get PS+. There is literally no reason not to have PS+.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Simply Red wrote: »
    You can turn it off in notifications

thanks. was it added in with the update? its extremelly annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

MarkY91 wrote: »
    thanks. was it added in with the update? its extremelly annoying

I hope you can set who you see online. It's equally as annoying to have a constant steam of notifications every few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

video games ca alright to use lads?

Want to get mlb the show from them. How long are the waiting times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

rafi bomb wrote: »
    video games ca alright to use lads?

Want to get mlb the show from them. How long are the waiting times?

Yes they are very good to use.

Between a week and 1/2 to 2 weeks for your game

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Yes they are very good to use.

Between a week and 1/2 to 2 weeks for your game

Sound. Shall go ahead with it so. You use your card or PayPal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Sound. Shall go ahead with it so. You use your card or PayPal?

Both are grand but depending on who your card is from pay with the card and not paypal as you can get better rates even with the over seas fees from your Visa Debt

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Child of light is very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Get PS+. There is literally no reason not to have PS+.

I don't have it yet. But that's just because the only games I have are infamous ss and tomb raider, and the free games haven't really interested me so far.

I'll get it though later on in the year when I get fifa and destiny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Otacon wrote: »
    Should have saved your money for the Whistleblower DLC for Outlast. It is out next week.

Use Plex. Works perfectly for me via the PS4 browser. At least until they add the functionality.

Tried using Plex through the browser but just freezes on the loading screen when I go to play anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement